PDA

View Full Version : Please Seperate UFC and PRIDE forums

Supreme
09-06-2006, 07:33 PM
this is one thing I hate about sherdog is all the newbs comparing UFC and PRIDE.

they are two very different oraganizations with completely opposite appraches to promoting their respected events.

I hate going to forums and seeing PRIDE vs. UFC or Liddell vs. Silva every 10 seconds.

can we please have seperate forums for each organization? the way the boards are now, Mmanews forums are just a bootlegged Sherdog. atleast seperate the forums to differentiate yourself and give everyone here something new to talk about. I think we will get much more productive posts.

thank you

Luis Cruz
09-06-2006, 07:41 PM
this is one thing I hate about sherdog is all the newbs comparing UFC and PRIDE.

they are two very different oraganizations with completely opposite appraches to promoting their respected events.

I hate going to forums and seeing PRIDE vs. UFC or Liddell vs. Silva every 10 seconds.

can we please have seperate forums for each organization? the way the boards are now, Mmanews forums are just a bootlegged Sherdog. atleast seperate the forums to differentiate yourself and give everyone here something new to talk about. I think we will get much more productive posts.

thank you

I agree the threads get lame but this is no sherdog, don't say that. I'm not sure if people want UFC and Pride seperate but we can definately vote on it, i could care less.

Supreme
09-06-2006, 09:17 PM
not only are the events different but with the recent onslaught on TUF newbies, some of the fans are different as well. it gets frustrating replying to someone insisting that Sylvia vs. Fedor would be one of the best match ups in MMA history.

i vote in favor of serpate forums.

Luis Cruz
09-06-2006, 09:22 PM
not only are the events different but with the recent onslaught on TUF newbies, some of the fans are different as well. it gets frustrating replying to someone insisting that Sylvia vs. Fedor would be one of the best match ups in MMA history.

i vote in favor of serpate forums.

I know what you mean, some stuff does get real old. Plus repetative threads also get old. I meant to add a poll to this thread but forgot, i'll do it now and we'll see who votes for what. If it doesn't get enough action i'll move it to the main forum to get more votes.

Supreme
09-06-2006, 09:40 PM
thanks luis

killerinstinct
09-06-2006, 10:03 PM
It's a bad idea ,b/c so often the threads relate to both the UFC and Pride like for instance the thread of who's the greatest fighter of all time?This is a bad idea.

Supreme
09-06-2006, 10:36 PM
It's a bad idea ,b/c so often the threads relate to both the UFC and Pride like for instance the thread of who's the greatest fighter of all time?This is a bad idea.

good point, however, you know a thread like that will turn into a UFC vs. Pride debate anyways.

Luis Cruz
09-06-2006, 10:38 PM

How many times do we have to hear the same old ufc vs pride threads with the same fighters over and over? Or greatest fighter of all time. And even when those are brought up they can still be posted in either forum. I don't think it's such a bad idea but i'm leaving it up to majority votes.

Afro
09-06-2006, 10:59 PM
are we talkin about leavin the MMA forum alone and makin another UFC and Pride thread or are we talkin about gettin rid of the MMA forum and makin it into a UFC and Pride thread?

I dont think this will stop the debate to be honest, if theres a Chuck Liddell thread in the UFC forum u know its gonna turn into Chuck vs Wandy its inebitable. Ima vote yes anyways though cuz my opinion is ya there MMA but they really are seperate.

Luis Cruz
09-06-2006, 11:45 PM
are we talkin about leavin the MMA forum alone and makin another UFC and Pride thread or are we talkin about gettin rid of the MMA forum and makin it into a UFC and Pride thread?

I dont think this will stop the debate to be honest, if theres a Chuck Liddell thread in the UFC forum u know its gonna turn into Chuck vs Wandy its inebitable. Ima vote yes anyways though cuz my opinion is ya there MMA but they really are seperate.

We would get rid of the general forum and make a ufc, pride, and other mma forum for ifl, wfa, and such.

Clint
09-07-2006, 01:22 AM
I say we give it a shot and if it doesn't work after a few weeks, we put things back the way they are. It could very well sort the threads out and make the place more managable.

Hypergit
09-07-2006, 01:47 AM
I voted no.

Separation won't stop the repetative threads imo, and it could encourage TUF newbs to only hang out in UFC and never bother to learn about other orgs. We should all hang out togeter.

Besides, where do we stop? Does K1 deserve its own forum too? How about the UK scene? And what to do with all the threads? You can't just delete them, there's too much good stuff there, so is anyone up for sorting them? lol

one more thing... if you make the search function conspicuous and start telling people to use it before starting a thread, that could reduce the repeat threads (they can just be locked with a message in them to bump a linked older thread).

git.

Matt Boone
09-07-2006, 03:18 AM
Cruz's idea works. I came to the thread thinking no, no matter who says what. But it'd please both the new fans who need the seperation of promotion-only forums, all the while keeping the general area where any discussion can take place.

Boo
09-07-2006, 05:34 AM
I really hate this idea. I watch both and I like them in the same forum. Say we are in the Pride forum and someone brings up a UFC fighter. What are we going to do, say "hey buddy get your ass back to your own forum?"

In addition to Hypergits comments, which I agree with,
it's divisive,
and it's not going to accomplish what you wanted.

binimac
09-07-2006, 07:00 AM
i dont like the idea strictly because when the topics are brought up, they can only ask for your opinion, and any real mma fan watches at least the big two if not alot of the smaller shows as well.

its just asking for a way to ban specific people(which im not totally against)
we all have our opinions, so we should just deal with the dumb asses that dont know what they r talking about and try to enjoy the fact that we all see things differently. be adults, and try not to be to repetetive without having an open mind

prophet665
09-07-2006, 08:34 PM
I really hate this idea. I watch both and I like them in the same forum. Say we are in the Pride forum and someone brings up a UFC fighter. What are we going to do, say "hey buddy get your ass back to your own forum?"

In addition to Hypergits comments, which I agree with,
it's divisive,
and it's not going to accomplish what you wanted.

I know I have persoanblly learned a lot by having a mixed forum. I knew very little about PRIDE when I first started reading and posting here, but over time have become some what educated.

Also, so many fighters have moved between promotions that it would be impossible to limit dicussions to just one organization. Coleman, Rampage, Liddell, Barnett, Shamrock, Rutten, etc...

As for duplicate posts...well...just ignore them. No one is forcing you to read them. If I see a duplicate, I scan it real quick to see if there is anything new or interesting being said and then I forget about it. Duplicate threads get pushed off the main page pretty quick anyway....

Hell...lets face it...there is not so much taking place right now that all new threads should be expected to be the norm. With so many new people that we should want to help out, recycled threads are not a bad thing.

Mastiff_owner
09-16-2006, 04:41 AM
I have been reading and thinking. Not always a good combination but here goes. I think the separating of forums has some merit behind it. I don't want to vote yes or no because I think it is a timing issue. Right now we have a base core of posters that I see on here pretty frequently. Afro, killer, ninjashogunrua,legend, (myself) etc. they are all knowledgeable in the world of mma we are gaining a new body of posters that don't always know and it is nice to have these guys around to help educate. As the forum grows and the posters become more knowledgeable i think separating the forums will work. Now is not the time. I think it will become a necessity within the next year. But I kinda like the way it is now everyone just sort of mixing it up.

NinjaShogunRua
09-16-2006, 04:53 AM
I don't really like this idea. I mean how many threads are non-UFC, PRIDE anyway? No need to seperate. The forum with IFL, K-1 HERO's, WFA, etc would be pretty much empty IMO.

Mastiff_owner
09-16-2006, 04:57 AM
agreed

prophet665
09-16-2006, 01:45 PM
I have been reading and thinking. Not always a good combination but here goes. I think the separating of forums has some merit behind it. I don't want to vote yes or no because I think it is a timing issue. Right now we have a base core of posters that I see on here pretty frequently. Afro, killer, ninjashogunrua,legend, (myself) etc. they are all knowledgeable in the world of mma we are gaining a new body of posters that don't always know and it is nice to have these guys around to help educate. As the forum grows and the posters become more knowledgeable i think separating the forums will work. Now is not the time. I think it will become a necessity within the next year. But I kinda like the way it is now everyone just sort of mixing it up.

I diasgree with seperating the forums. Even if the entire board was expertly informed in MMA, how are you going to talk about fighters like Coleman, Liddell, Horn, Gracie (all 432 of them), etc...

They all have fought in multiple organizations. Hell...with such short contracts that are the norm currently, it will be rare to have a fighter spend any length of time in a single organization unless they are champ.

As for people worried about PRIDE vs. UFC posts...well...bad posts tend to fall off the main page like Babalu in a championship fight.

sabean_13
09-22-2006, 03:59 PM
I diasgree with seperating the forums. Even if the entire board was expertly informed in MMA, how are you going to talk about fighters like Coleman, Liddell, Horn, Gracie (all 432 of them), etc...

They all have fought in multiple organizations. Hell...with such short contracts that are the norm currently, it will be rare to have a fighter spend any length of time in a single organization unless they are champ.

As for people worried about PRIDE vs. UFC posts...well...bad posts tend to fall off the main page like Babalu in a championship fight.

HAHAHAHA Babalu was terrible in that fight.

Also no I don't think there should be separate forums, I like it all being in one big area.

dagreat1
10-20-2006, 10:09 AM
I voted no, Supreme we all know you love Pride (I enjoy their events more than UFC or any other org as well) but you have to understand, it's all a part of MMA and that is the bigger picture here, not which org has the better fighters and which org puts on a better show with commentators, production, etc.

Leaving all together is a much better idea as the majority of the threads are UFC related so creating seperate forums is goign to be more of an effort than it is worth.

Donny77
10-21-2006, 05:50 AM
It would be impossible to separate the orgs. Discussions with mma usually gets back to both Pride and UFC but what can u do? JUST NO MORE PRIDE VS UFC!!!

lhuyner
10-21-2006, 12:08 PM
no.

ozzy2525
10-21-2006, 08:47 PM
we can do a ufc a pride a general mma and an other mma

prophet665
10-21-2006, 11:54 PM
we can do a ufc a pride a general mma and an other mma

I would never visit the "other" forum...and I think most of the people here wouldn't either. I like to read the occasional post about fighters that I know or events that have happened in other organizations, but I can tell you that I wouldn't go to a different forum for it.

In my opinion, there should just be three forums:
General
Off Topic
Pictures and Videos

Interesting things will stay on the front page and troll posts will fall off pretty fast. I have seen it work on other forums.