PDA

View Full Version : Best way to lose weight in 12 days

pa99fighter
12-31-2007, 10:13 PM
I got an amateur boxing match on January twelth. I have to cut around 8 pounds by than to get to 139 pounds. I dont want to go to no sauna or anything. What do you think I should eat and do. im just getting opinions.
you can move this thread if you want I just want people to see it.

dofking
12-31-2007, 10:20 PM
slimfast. kidding just make sure your calorie intake is less than what you burn. Stay off sugars, eat more white meat.

Masscore
12-31-2007, 10:22 PM
8 pounds in 12 days is fairly easy. Just cut out the carbs and dont add any sodium to anything or eat anything with a lot of sodium already in it. Eat some chicken or Tuna for dinner the next couple of days and run every day with a hoodie on and some sweat pants. Break it up and run for a total of about an hour a day like this, hell maybe even just 30 mins a day.

No Soda, No Juice, just drink water to stay hydrated.

As a wrestler I know how cutting wieght can suck, and it sucks even more if you have to go to a suana. I did my best in my career to avoid that at all cost and was able to for the most part. Even during my senior year when I cut 30 pounds to make my wieght class.

TapOut27
12-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Clean your system by using a diaretic, you will lose 3-4lbs, and if you are eating healthy, you wont gain most of it back if you excersize too.

KnowledgeKnown
12-31-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm assuming you've already cut out the obvious. Alcohol, fast food. I know guys you train and don't cut this stuff out. they of course lose consistently. Eat almost all of your carbs early, before 12-1, and eat chicken breast and tuna for your protein. Eat 6 small meals a day. Drink a lot of water, don't eat 2 hours before you go to bed. continue training and the 8 pounds will fall off. if you're a little over the day before, just drinking less water, skip your last meal, and when you wake up, you'd be surprised how much you lost over night. that's how i did it in college once i started losing it the right way. in highschool i jumped rope with a rubber suit on in frond of our woodstove. don't recommend that route. lol.

TeddyDaBear
12-31-2007, 11:04 PM
this doesnt really answer your question as to what foods to eat but, if you can find a girl who has Water pills...get a couple off her. When i wrestled in high school i would be like 9-10 lbs over and take one of those pills and you piss out like 4-5 lbs.. don't take them if you havent been drinking many liquids lately though...and don't take them if you have plans because you will piss all night lol

209council
12-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Distilled water will help in sodium depletion. A natural laxative and natural diuretic will as well. As previously stated skip your last meal the day before weigh-ins only if needed. Carbs in the morning then protein and fats in the afternoon and evening. 8 pounds is nothing bro. Weigh yourself in the morning before eating. Chances are you'll weigh 5lbs less then weighing yourself midday. (assuming you haven't already done so.)

juice da god
12-31-2007, 11:18 PM
spit in a bucket fron now till then, i saw it on kenny vs spenny, who can lose the moast weight

gogoplata
12-31-2007, 11:34 PM
I got an amateur boxing match on January twelth. I have to cut around 8 pounds by than to get to 139 pounds. I dont want to go to no sauna or anything. What do you think I should eat and do. im just getting opinions.
you can move this thread if you want I just want people to see it.

i like pedialite and oranges. period. once i lost 17 pounds in 7 days running 5 hours a day, only eating oranges, and drinking plain pedialite mixed with cranberry juice. but i did hit the sauna ever other day so you might wanna check that out if your still not losing the weight. try bundling up in a ton of layers of sweat pants etc and riding an exercise for about 6 hours every morning. I usually wait until they start the daily law and order marathon on tnt so I have something to do, but if that doesnt work you arent human.

i also recommend getting all of the unwanted snacks out of your house. all of them, chips, anything with corn, chicken, all of it. only eat veggies in the raw, and oranges. bananas work too but i started to feel like a monkey after eating 6 in a sitting. MOST OF ALL STAY FOCUSED, you can live without food for a long time, its all mental, just keep the electrolyte formula handy!

pa99fighter
01-01-2008, 12:31 AM
thanks guys. ive been trying to eat as healthy as I can. whats the best breakfast because I just have egg sandwiches in the morning and I dont know if thats good or not. I cut out all fast foods and im only going to drink water untill fight time. and the quarter white meat from boston market is what I eat for dinner or homemade chicken usually.

muttley
01-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Don't eat anything after 8pm just water.
eat a good breakfast every morning, cereal and skim milk
the rest has been said

m3th0ds
01-01-2008, 01:51 AM
You may want to lose the bread on those egg sandwiches.

Here is a link that may help as well.

Cutting and making Weight for MMA, BJJ and grappling (http://www.grapplearts.com/How-to-Cut-Weight.html)

TeddyDaBear
01-02-2008, 12:42 AM
yeah egg sandwhich probably isnt the best idea. as far as breakfast i'd go with some fruit or some fat free yogurt with granola or some shit

blightsmite
01-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Unfortunately I don't have good advice on how to lose weight, I'm constantly trying to gain weight. I do, however, want to wish you good luck in your boxing match.

Good Luck!