PDA

View Full Version : Dana White is pssin' me off

Afro
09-07-2006, 10:13 PM
I dont think everyone has seen the TUF yet so im not gonna try and give too much away

But seriously, what is the POINT in keepin these guys who have been fighters before, there not up and comers like in the regular TUF cooped up in a house with no TV or anything? what the hell are you gonna teach them! they know the hardships of training what is the point of putting it through that again? makes no sense.. I dont wanna spoil the show so ill stop here but im mad about the show right now.

Mastiff_owner
09-07-2006, 10:38 PM
I think it is like any other reality show. Dana doesn't want the end given away early. All it takes is a pissed off fighter that lost (spratt last week) to go out of the house all emotional and shit and give it away. I understand about not leaving and not using a telephone but not having tv or radio is pretty absurd. I am at work and haven't watched yet but it is on tivo at home.

Afro
09-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Ya I can understand the silence treatment but these fighters should NOT be treated like the up and comers, they already paid there dues.. Dana IMO looks like a real prick sometimes with his actions

if you watch the contender, the boxers dont get that kinda treatment.. I dont think they get to watch TV but at the same time I dont think theres a TV in the house! plus they get a phonecall as well.. Sugar Ray takes them out every night.. there active. Dana treats his dudes like dogs I swear!

killerinstinct
09-07-2006, 10:51 PM
I feel bad for Jeremy I really do.He fucked up and I hope he gets brought back on an UFN or something.I don't think Dana is a horrible person though.I mean they're only in the house for what 4 weeks?If you can't handle that you don't deserve to be on the show.These guys are getting the opportunity of a life time.They should take it serious.

I have friends like Jeremy.You know it's like they're afraid of things going well for them.Everytime something starts to go their way they feel like they have to do something to fuck it up.It's weird.

Afro
09-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Im not sayin Dana is horrible, im sayin hes fuckin up

ya its an "opportunity of a life time" so is playing in the NBA so does that mean every NBA player should be thrown in a jail cell and fed dog food for 4 weeks just because there gettin an opportunity of a life time?

there is NO NEED for Dana to treat VETERANS like that, they dont need to pay any more dues they have already done that.. I dont see any professionalism outta Dana White

killerinstinct
09-07-2006, 10:59 PM

ya its an "opportunity of a life time" so is playing in the NBA so does that mean every NBA player should be thrown in a jail cell and fed dog food for 4 weeks just because there gettin an opportunity of a life time?

there is NO NEED for Dana to treat VETERANS like that, they dont need to pay any more dues they have already done that.. I dont see any professionalism outta Dana White
They get fed well.Jeremy was getting treated very well.This is a guy who sleeps in his car.I'm sure living in a mansion with a jacuzzi,a pool,a pool table,and world class trainers to help make you better ,beats living in your car.They're not being treated that bad.4 weeks is nothing.

Afro
09-07-2006, 11:02 PM
They get fed well.Jeremy was getting treated very well.This is a guy who sleeps in his car.I'm sure living in a mansion with a jacuzzi,a pool,a pool table,and world class trainers to help make you better ,beats living in your car.They're not being treated that bad.4 weeks is nothing.
I understand that they got a lot of luxuries but I dont understand being treated like the rookies.. I dont understand why they cant watch television, and I think Dana should take these guys out more often cuz I dont see the point in them havin to pay there dues anymore the only thing that Dana should worry about is them leaking info otherwise everything else should be fair game.

Kewl144
09-07-2006, 11:03 PM

Its a simple question of if they want it. Seriously, 6 weeks in a house where all you have to worry about is eating (and you dont have to pay for your food), sleeping, and training. No food bills, no rent, no nothing other than to focus 100% on a dream. Whats the hell is 6 weeks to change your life? Dana explained it best when he basically said fighters bitch about what they're losing rather than seeing what they're getting.

You dont honestly think that being in a luxory house for 6 weeks without having to pay anything and having access to world class trainers and a gym is part of paying dues do you?

Afro
09-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Its a simple question of if they want it. Seriously, 6 weeks in a house where all you have to worry about is eating (and you dont have to pay for your food), sleeping, and training. No food bills, no rent, no nothing other than to focus 100% on a dream. Whats the hell is 6 weeks to change your life? Dana explained it best when he basically said fighters bitch about what they're losing rather than seeing what they're getting.

You dont honestly think that being in a luxory house for 6 weeks without having to pay anything and having access to world class trainers and a gym is part of paying dues do you?
but wasnt that Danas way for the other TUF contestants to pay there dues.. total isolation from the rest of the world, im not bitchin about the house and the other luxuries.. its being so isolated

now I dont think what Jeremy Jackson did was wrong but still these guys should be able to watch TV, I mean they really dont evne have to be in the house.

paintstik
09-07-2006, 11:13 PM
I dont think everyone has seen the TUF yet so im not gonna try and give too much away

But seriously, what is the POINT in keepin these guys who have been fighters before, there not up and comers like in the regular TUF cooped up in a house with no TV or anything? what the hell are you gonna teach them! they know the hardships of training what is the point of putting it through that again? makes no sense.. I dont wanna spoil the show so ill stop here but im mad about the show right now.

I know what you're saying and it sucks for Jeremy, but the consensus of the guys in the house is that he fucked up and shoulda just waited it out like the rest of them.

Mastiff_owner
09-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I don't know if you have served in the military or not but I was in the Marines and one of the reasons I didn't get into law enforcement was I felt I had already been through bootcamp and didn't feel like I needed the same treatment as the other recruits just out of college. (I also broke my back in the USMC but thats another story). My roomate from the Marines is a sherriffs deputy and he told me that it is a joke compared towhat we went through but it is something he really wanted so he dealt with it.

Just like my friend everyone of those fighters knew what they were getting into when they signed up for the show. THere are no real surprises. They shouldn't be bitching now. Like Killer said this is a huge oppurtunity for them and it is a chance they took. They should just deal with it and it will be over before they know it and then they will be bragging about how they did it.

Kewl144
09-07-2006, 11:15 PM
but wasnt that Danas way for the other TUF contestants to pay there dues.. total isolation from the rest of the world, im not bitchin about the house and the other luxuries.. its being so isolated

No. It was a way for them to focus solely on fighting by removing every other distraction they had in their lives.

now I dont think what Jeremy Jackson did was wrong but still these guys should be able to watch TV, I mean they really dont evne have to be in the house.

They can leave the show any time they want to. TV is a distraction. Bills are a distraction. Girls, as shown tonight, are a distraction. These arent kids. Jackson was just plain stupid. The guy is homeless and he got a second chance in the UFC (and probably would have gotten at least one fight since all TUF contestants seem to get a fight regardless of the outcome) and he threw it away. I felt sorry for him when he was telling his story but then I stopped feeling sorry for him after he did what he did. The guy doesnt have bad luck, he has an addiction to stupidity.

Afro
09-07-2006, 11:16 PM
No. It was a way for them to focus solely on fighting by removing every other distraction they had in their lives.

They can leave the show any time they want to. TV is a distraction. Bills are a distraction. Girls, as shown tonight, are a distraction. These arent kids. Jackson was just plain stupid. The guy is homeless and he got a second chance in the UFC (and probably would have gotten at least one fight since all TUF contestants seem to get a fight regardless of the outcome) and he threw it away. I felt sorry for him when he was telling his story but then I stopped feeling sorry for him after he did what he did. The guy doesnt have bad luck, he had an addiction to stupidity.
I just think that since these guys arent rookies they should have freedom

if they choose to watch TV let them its on them

I understand kickin Jeremy off the show.. what he did has nothin to do what im talkin about, what he did is a violation because of leakin info and thus why he was kicked off

my only problem with that is how Dana said it, it was like he was talkin to a kid.

killerinstinct
09-07-2006, 11:16 PM
This isn't 4 weeks of fun time.Should they get a water slide and jungle gym too?They get treated well.It's only 4 weeks.If they can't handle this ,than they don't deserve to be on this show and get this opportunity.They're getting an opportunity of a life time.They're getting what everybody wishes they have.A second chance.I feel bad for Jeremy ,but he brought this upon himself.

Kewl144
09-07-2006, 11:17 PM
This isn't 4 weeks of fun time.Should they get a water slide and jungle gym too?They get treated well.It's only 4 weeks.If they can't handle this ,than they don't deserve to be on this show and get this opportunity.They're getting an opportunity of a life time.They're getting what everybody wishes they have.A second chance.I feel bad for Jeremy ,but he brought this upon himself.

6 weeks. They had 4 weeks left when the show aired tonight.

Afro
09-07-2006, 11:20 PM
lets face it.. its a reality tv show and its designed that way

look at the contender, these guys are gettin a chance just like the guys on TUF 4.. compare how there treated to how the TUF 4 fighters are treated and its like day and night.

killerinstinct
09-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Do you guys think that Dana will give Jeremy a second chance?

Afro
09-07-2006, 11:25 PM
shit look at the crap that fights on the UFC on a regular basis! makes you wonder if theres even a purpose for this show!

it shoulda been done tournament style for a title shot, it shouldnt be a comeback show cuz all these guys should be in the UFC especially when Danny Abbadi is fighting on a PPV.

Mastiff_owner
09-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Afro- let me put it to you this way. Are you completely happy at your job and does everyone treat you with the amount of respect you deserve? Are you compensated for your time, effort, time away from family and general stress from work fairly? If you wanted to could you just walk away from your job and step right into something else?

Noone has everything they want where they work, I don't, most of my friends don't, and i know none of my employees do. But we do it because its our job. All those guys signed up for a little hardship, alot of work and a chance to be a champion.

Maybe the guys on the contender get treated a little better but how many have fought for a title? None that I am aware of. These guys are getting a shot at the title and all the perks that come with it. Endorsements notoriety etc. they should deal with it with a smile.

Afro
09-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Afro- let me put it to you this way. Are you completely happy at your job and does everyone treat you with the amount of respect you deserve? Are you compensated for your time, effort, time away from family and general stress from work fairly? If you wanted to could you just walk away from your job and step right into something else?

Noone has everything they want where they work, I don't, most of my friends don't, and i know none of my employees do. But we do it because its our job. All those guys signed up for a little hardship, alot of work and a chance to be a champion.

Maybe the guys on the contender get treated a little better but how many have fought for a title? None that I am aware of. These guys are getting a shot at the title and all the perks that come with it. Endorsements notoriety etc. they should deal with it with a smile.
Steve Forbes was a world champion.

Kewl144
09-07-2006, 11:36 PM
I just think that since these guys arent rookies they should have freedom

if they choose to watch TV let them its on them

I understand kickin Jeremy off the show.. what he did has nothin to do what im talkin about, what he did is a violation because of leakin info and thus why he was kicked off

my only problem with that is how Dana said it, it was like he was talkin to a kid.

You still dont get it? Look at it from what they're getting as opposed to what they're not. It has nothing to do with leaking who won. Hell these shows were filmed months ago. If it had something to do with who won then the fighters would be kept in a house until all the shows had aired. These people get to follow a dream and they get offered an environment where they have the best chance to get their dream.

Afro
09-07-2006, 11:36 PM
You still dont get it? Look at it from what they're getting as opposed to what they're not. It has nothing to do with leaking who won. Hell these shows were filmed months ago. If it had something to do with who won then the fighters would be kept in a house until all the shows had aired. These people get to follow a dream and they get offered an environment where they have the best chance to get their dream.
I understand that I just dont see what difference it makes. Do they even get to read this time?

Storm442
09-08-2006, 01:59 AM
My opinion is that they should be judged on their fighting ability alone, not on any other weird/stupid habits.

Shonie is an idiot, so what.
Tank is a drunk, so what.
Monzon is Anarchist, so what.
Tito is a big-mouth, so what.

I watch this show (and UFC) in general to see great FIGHTERS.

I don't get judged at my job for my extracurricular activites.. and you probably don't either.

Legend
09-08-2006, 02:04 AM
I understand about not leaving and not using a telephone but not having tv or radio is pretty absurd.

Wouldnt be much of a reality show if all the guys did at home was watch tv. Not having anything to do makes them talk to eachother alot and helps to add tension in the house.

Iwatch
09-08-2006, 02:09 AM
Yeah, but if one guy jumps the fence, than all of them will want to do it. They need them to stay in the house for footage I guess...

error2k5
09-08-2006, 11:58 AM
shit look at the crap that fights on the UFC on a regular basis! makes you wonder if theres even a purpose for this show!

it shoulda been done tournament style for a title shot, it shouldnt be a comeback show cuz all these guys should be in the UFC especially when Danny Abbadi is fighting on a PPV.

I don't understand things like that....the real purpose behind this show is confusing to me at times...especially when danny is fighting at ppv's...

LethalStriker
09-08-2006, 12:29 PM
The reason that they don't have TV or radio in the house is that it makes for a bad reality show. Who wants to watch a reality show where everyone is just sitting around and watching TV or listening to the radio?

Afro
09-08-2006, 12:34 PM
The reason that they don't have TV or radio in the house is that it makes for a bad reality show. Who wants to watch a reality show where everyone is just sitting around and watching TV or listening to the radio?
I agree with that

but I still think they should atleast be able to read.. why does the show portray them to be like caged animals? always showin ppl goin crazy because of the house rules and such.. ya it makes good television but still these guys are veterans that shouldnt even need to be on this show to be in the UFC! they shoulda took a different route, I would of much rather see rivalries spark then ppl goin crazy in the house.

Storm442
09-08-2006, 12:37 PM
What they really need is TWO fights per show.

Last night's episode sucked ... 54 minutes of contrived drama then a 92 sec fight !!

With two fights per show, we could do double elimination, or invite more fighters.

error2k5
09-08-2006, 12:37 PM

earlier afro said steve forbes was a former world champion

also, sergio mora, the winner of the last season of the contender, is getting a title shot. He is also rumored to be fighting jermaine taylor this spring...although I don't see that going well