PDA

View Full Version : Liddell vs. Cro cop

matto
09-10-2006, 12:17 PM
i know that this has been brought up a lot in the past, but everybody has to have a different prospective after the owgp. the hell with wand vs. chuck. i want to see cro cop vs. liddell, i think that cro cop is actually the guy to outstrik e and ko chuck. would be a sweet fight.

matto
09-10-2006, 12:48 PM
unlike wand giving up 3 inches to liddell, cro cop is an inch taller then liddell and has just ko'ed the formally thought best striker in pride. i could see it now cro cop ko'ing chuck for the ufc lhw title, and then aa comes down to lhw and gives cro cop a good fight but probably will lose, and then fedor comes to the ufc at 205 and beats cro cop for the title and then liddell tries for a shot at fedor and loses. then tito thinks like he always does and says that he can beat anybody at lhw and gets ko'ed by cro cop and liddell and submitted by fedor and then wand comes to the ufc and ko's tito and then ko's liddell and then gets a rematch with cro cop and then ko's cro cop and then ko's fedor to be the ufc champ.

yes i do have a weird immagination but that would be sweet if it happened like that.

Afro
09-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Chuck would get murdered

Cro-cop can counter-punch, he has good takedown defense, he kicks harder then Chuck can even dream of hitting and hes a heavyweight.. Wand couldnt beat Cro-cop in 2 fights.. Chuck wont do it in one theres no way in hell that Chuck KOs Cro-cop he wont even be able to get close enough to do so.

Hypergit
09-10-2006, 05:14 PM
agreed. Anyone who wants to see this fight must be a Chuck hater.

git.

AJL416AZ
09-10-2006, 06:26 PM
FUCK
SPOILER ALERT MAN

come on dude

Sklander
09-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Chuck would get murdered

Cro-cop can counter-punch, he has good takedown defense, he kicks harder then Chuck can even dream of hitting and hes a heavyweight.. Wand couldnt beat Cro-cop in 2 fights.. Chuck wont do it in one theres no way in hell that Chuck KOs Cro-cop he wont even be able to get close enough to do so.

While all that may be true how can you say for sure that someone will beat someone else? If I am not mistaken you were the one who talked up Silva as the best in the world... Way better than Chuck... Then Silva gets dominated by Mirko.

Now you're saying that Mirko would dominate Chuck... Do you have some kind of deep seated hate for UFC fighters in general or just Chuck? Chuck would put up a fight against any Pride guy. There is no denying that. And in the midst of a fight anything can happen. Thats why we all like it so much... you NEVER know whats going to happen.

Bottom line. Chuck can strike, but until we see him strike with these Pride guys that you say would beat Chuck so easily, STOP SAYING CHUCK WILL GET DOMINATED. YOU HAVE NO BASIS FOR SAYING THAT. VERBAL DIARRHEA.

matto
09-10-2006, 08:30 PM
as was saying that wand was the best at 205. not consitering hw's. but cro cop would beat wand and chuck and who knows who is better wand or chuck. but if mirco stays at hw, which would be stupid since he could very very easily go to 205. then wand will still be the first or second best 205. but i dont see why cro cop wouldnt come down to 205 with a lot of rising hw's in pride that r just huge, he should go to 205, plus not to mention that fedor and nog have his number. if nog had gotten the decision over barnett i think we would see a different owgp champion.

Afro
09-10-2006, 11:08 PM
While all that may be true how can you say for sure that someone will beat someone else? If I am not mistaken you were the one who talked up Silva as the best in the world... Way better than Chuck... Then Silva gets dominated by Mirko.

Now you're saying that Mirko would dominate Chuck... Do you have some kind of deep seated hate for UFC fighters in general or just Chuck? Chuck would put up a fight against any Pride guy. There is no denying that. And in the midst of a fight anything can happen. Thats why we all like it so much... you NEVER know whats going to happen.

Bottom line. Chuck can strike, but until we see him strike with these Pride guys that you say would beat Chuck so easily, STOP SAYING CHUCK WILL GET DOMINATED. YOU HAVE NO BASIS FOR SAYING THAT. VERBAL DIARRHEA.
Ok please show me where I said Silva was best in the world, I said that he was the best LHW and show me again where I said he was way better then Chuck, I just said he would beat him... and its my opinion that a 205 LB Chuck would get beat by a 230 LB Mirko Cro-cop, your lack of MMA knowledge shows when you make comments like these

AJL416AZ
09-14-2006, 04:09 AM
ok, now that ive seen Wanderlei get completely dominated by Cro Cop
Chuck would not make it out of the first round

Chuck likes to counter punch, and would likely let Cro Cop pick his shots. even if he came in pressing Cro Cop like Wanderlei did, he would still end up getting destroyed. taking kicks from Cro Cop would destroy Chuck just like it destroyed Wanderlei. Cro Cop can throw quickly and is a high caliber striker, a k-1 level kickboxer. Chuck has good footwork and angled punches, but Cro Cop can evade them and slip the shots, and land his own blows.

killerinstinct
09-14-2006, 04:40 AM
ok, now that ive seen Wanderlei get completely dominated by Cro Cop
Chuck would not make it out of the first round

Chuck likes to counter punch, and would likely let Cro Cop pick his shots. even if he came in pressing Cro Cop like Wanderlei did, he would still end up getting destroyed. taking kicks from Cro Cop would destroy Chuck just like it destroyed Wanderlei. Cro Cop can throw quickly and is a high caliber striker, a k-1 level kickboxer. Chuck has good footwork and angled punches, but Cro Cop can evade them and slip the shots, and land his own blows.
I can agree with that.I think Chuck would have a chance though.Chuck certainly possesses the power to KO Mirko ,but he'd have to do it quickly and he'd have to be aggressive,b/c the longer the fight goes on the more likely it is that Crocop is going to land that head kick.

Afro
09-14-2006, 05:15 AM
I can agree with that.I think Chuck would have a chance though.Chuck certainly possesses the power to KO Mirko ,but he'd have to do it quickly and he'd have to be aggressive,b/c the longer the fight goes on the more likely it is that Crocop is going to land that head kick.
I dunno
Chuck Liddell certainly isnt no Ernesto Hoost or Michael McDonald are when it comes to kickboxing, and Cro-cop has fought guys that are better kickboxers and with more KO power and didnt get KO'd but of course Chuck has KO power and anyone with KO power can KO anyone if they catch them right, problem is if your not the better kickboxer its very hard to do and he isnt the better kick boxer then Cro-cop the only way I see Chuck KOing Cro-cop is if Cro-cop slips up and luck is on Chucks side, JMO.

WandAXE
09-14-2006, 10:47 AM
i know that this has been brought up a lot in the past, but everybody has to have a different prospective after the owgp. the hell with wand vs. chuck. i want to see cro cop vs. liddell, i think that cro cop is actually the guy to outstrik e and ko chuck. would be a sweet fight.
Dam Cro Cop and Chuck? There is nothing Chuck can do to make me think that he would win. What does he have that can possibly make you belive that he would win ( dont say punchers chance) because everyone has one even Killer Instinct.......................lol just fucking with you kid.

shawnschatzle
09-14-2006, 07:33 PM
i think it would be better then anyone here is saying. people are knocking chuck but just look what he did to babalu in a freaking minute and a half. plus, it was only a few years ago that babalu went to decision against fedor to anyone who knocks babalu's abilities. cro cop had more trouble with wanderlei. i think that chuck has the overall advantage when you put everything together. i think he's defintitly a better wrestler and submission expert, despite what he's done lately, and i don't think you can say that there is a guy out there, even cro cop, who is a substantially better striker then liddell. i think pound for pound that cro cop and liddell are the two most dangerous guys in mma right now and a fight between the two would be THE marquee fight right now. i still want to see ortiz/liddell 2, wanderlei/liddell, and cro cop/fedor 2.

Punk Ass
09-15-2006, 07:23 AM
To be honest I think a third fight between Babalu and Chuck would be good. I think Babalu just wasn't thinking and came out there swinging wildly. I'm not saying he would win another fight but I think it would be a better fight.

BTW. I've said before the Mirko, Wand fight that Cro Cop would win because I just thought Mirko was the bigger and better fighter. I've noticed people are thinking since Wand was dominated by Cro Cop that Chuck would beat Wand. Chuck is not on Cro Cop's level so I dont think people can judge by that fight. I think Chuck would get his face kicked off as well.

I say that to say, Wand would still hand Chuck his ass because he is still the best LHW in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fingersmilie:

The Iceman
09-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Damn Sklander speaks the truth.....

P.S. Randleman stunned Cro-Cop with a KO I'm pretty sure Chuck could.:fingersmilie:

Punk Ass
09-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Damn Sklander speaks the truth.....

P.S. Randleman stunned Cro-Cop with a KO I'm pretty sure Chuck could.:fingersmilie:

Unfortunatly for chuck and you.......that would never happen again, and I dont think you are even very confident about the statement you just made.

Sklander
09-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Its all heresay until a fight actually happens.

Chuck could go up to a HW easily. Isn't he usually around 220lbs then cuts down for a fight?

Saying that Chuck couldn't stand with Mirko is simply ridiculous. Who's to say what would happen until it does happen? Mirko and Chuck both have power punches. Mirko has the deadly kick but Chuck has the punches that seems like they come from behind you. The fight would go to whomever lands the KO kick/punch.

Neither fighters are invincible. My opinion is that Wand would get KO'ed by Chuck. However, that is just my opinion.

Howie
09-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Cro-Cop IMO hands down

Raiders18
09-16-2006, 02:10 AM
Honestly Cro Cop easily.

Sklander
09-16-2006, 05:25 AM
My opinion is that they'd have a battle. I guess it would come down to who gets the counter-strike...

Punk Ass
09-16-2006, 03:46 PM
The reason Cro Cop would beat Chuck easily is because of a few facters. Naturally the bigger fighter, better striker, taller, and longer reach. The one main advantage is I dont think Chuck can take those baseball bat kicks to the ribs. And he's gonna have to bring his hands down to defend and we all know what would happen then. There just isn't an MMA fighter out there that can stand with Mirko.

PS: Pride and UFC needs to start posting fighters reach because that is definately an advantage for a fighter who knows how to use his height and reach to his advantage. Like Cro Cop.

killerinstinct
09-16-2006, 05:24 PM
The reason Cro Cop would beat Chuck easily is because of a few facters. Naturally the bigger fighter, better striker, taller, and longer reach. The one main advantage is I dont think Chuck can take those baseball bat kicks to the ribs. And he's gonna have to bring his hands down to defend and we all know what would happen then. There just isn't an MMA fighter out there that can stand with Mirko.

PS: Pride and UFC needs to start posting fighters reach because that is definately an advantage for a fighter who knows how to use his height and reach to his advantage. Like Cro Cop.
A)Hunt can stand with Crocop.
B)The UFC does post fighters reach as well as their height.

Punk Ass
09-16-2006, 07:02 PM
A)Hunt can stand with Crocop.
B)The UFC does post fighters reach as well as their height.

I forgot Hunt does MMA now. I think if Cro Cop wasn't so busy trying to knock him out he could have gotten the sub. I can't find where a fighter's reach is listed anywhere. Besides at the tale of the tape at the begining of a fight where can I find this info?

killerinstinct
09-16-2006, 07:04 PM
I forgot Hunt does MMA now. I think if Cro Cop wasn't so busy trying to knock him out he could have gotten the sub. I can't find where a fighter's reach is listed anywhere. Besides at the tale of the tape at the begining of a fight where can I find this info?
I thought you meant in the tale of the tape.that's the only time I ever see it listed.

Punk Ass
09-16-2006, 07:06 PM
I thought you meant in the tale of the tape.that's the only time I ever see it listed.

Yeh me too.

matto
09-17-2006, 12:16 AM
cro cop would destroy liddell or wand. but u cannot base wand's loss aginst him for the potential chuck vs. wand fight.

matto
09-17-2006, 12:19 AM
in my opinion hunt is the only guy in mma that can stand with cro cop. liddell and wand cannot, but they make great champions cause wand is well versed and chuck has excellent takedown defence. hunt is one of those fighters that would get destroyed by ground fighters that cro cop could easily defeat because he has great takedown defence, but when he fights cro cop he would eaither make a very very close fight or win. cro cop is the all around better fighter, but hunt is on the same page as far as striking and cro cop would make for a better champion since he can outstrike anybody and can deal with ground fighters as well.