PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Rivers is a no class loser

Brutus
01-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Phillip Rivers, the quarterback for the San Diego Chargers, has spent pretty much all season whining and feuding w/ teamates and fans. In the last seconds of the AFC playoff game today against the Inidanapolis Colts, Rivers decided to get into a verbal altercation w/ the fans in Indianapolis. I know that fans aren't saints but you are a professional, act like one. Stop pouting and throwing temper tantrums and just do your job. No need to taunt fans after you have been knocked out of a very competitive game due to a leg injury. Get over yourself and realize that your running back is the major reason you are even in the playoffs.

Who else thinks he should just shut up and play?

Mac
01-13-2008, 04:12 PM
If I'm a competitive guy (which I am) and some knucklehead is giving me the buisness the whole game then be assured i will talk shit right back to him. And by the way Rivers had a great game today while that running back you speak of did nothing.

Brutus
01-13-2008, 04:28 PM
If I'm a competitive guy (which I am) and some knucklehead is giving me the buisness the whole game then be assured i will talk shit right back to him. And by the way Rivers had a great game today while that running back you speak of did nothing.

i agree to a certain extent, Rivers did have a good game today, however, the entire season has been littered w/ his rants and childish antics. I just think the guy needs to grow up and act like a winner should, not like a guy who thinks the world owes him something.

eazye76
01-13-2008, 05:47 PM
He's a fucking bum, I really hope he tries to talk his shit to Mike Vrabel or Vince Wilfork next week.
Phillip Rivers will be embarrassed next week, and the SD pass rush will be totally neutralized. The chargers are built to beat the Colts, but will be exposed when they go to New England.

For what it's worth Champ Bailey also thinks Rivers talks too much.

Champ Bailey-"And I don't really care for the guy, first of all," Bailey said of Rivers on Wednesday. "He's not a respectable guy right now because you talk too much trash and do this and that, but you're really not a great player in this league right now.

"You're surrounded by great players, but you're not a great player. I think he needs to understand where he stands in this league -- where he stands on his team first and foremost."

From ESPN.com
ESPN - After perceived slight at Cutler, Bailey responds to Rivers' actions - NFL (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3169781)

Noise Chopped
01-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Hell motherfucking yea - MORE people who hate Rivers. I can't fucking stand the guy, especially after having seen him this season. All he does is talk shit like he's an elite quarterback or something. And it goes well past just talking shit - He just comes off as classless and a fat fucking baby.

I noticed the taunting of fans you're talking about at Indianapolis, by the way. Rivers has even told his OWN fans to shut up earlier in the season. This guy is begging to be made an example of, and I agree - Hopefully the Patriots will shut him the fuck up next week.

And on a side note, that picture you've got of Gina is fantastic. Just sayin', hah.

pa99fighter
01-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Phillip Rivers, the quarterback for the San Diego Chargers, has spent pretty much all season whining and feuding w/ teamates and fans. In the last seconds of the AFC playoff game today against the Inidanapolis Colts, Rivers decided to get into a verbal altercation w/ the fans in Indianapolis. I know that fans aren't saints but you are a professional, act like one. Stop pouting and throwing temper tantrums and just do your job. No need to taunt fans after you have been knocked out of a very competitive game due to a leg injury. Get over yourself and realize that your running back is the major reason you are even in the playoffs.

Who else thinks he should just shut up and play?

Don't you mean a no class winner?

Salvy_Mic
01-14-2008, 04:52 AM
I dunno, but its a miracle to me that the Philip Rivers-quarterbacked Chargers managed to make it this far. The guy's got talent, but he's just such a punk who plays like a newborn calf the minute the defense breathes on him. The guy looks, talks, and acts like a douchebag and he'll get what's coming to him when he gets rolled by the Patriots and Vrabel, Bruschi, Seymour, and Co. are in his face the entire game.

MYboyBISPING
01-14-2008, 10:47 AM
That whole team is just becoming trash and a bunch of cry baby, lil Phillip is like one of those guy who thinks hes go but he isn't and especial when someone else on his team is getting the job done he always has something to say even though he didn't do shit. What a Bitch lol. He likes glory even when he didn't earn it. He rides the coat tail's of others.

SimpleJack
01-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I agree. The whole team is pretty classless. Look at Tomlinson whining last year after the playoffs. The Merriman chronicles. Rivers running his mouth to Cutler. Rivers running his mouth to fans. It's all just a reflection of the sense of "entitlement" the Chargers think they have for whatever reason. I can't stand Rivers. He's an overrated piece of crap who only had a good game because the freaking Colts put NO PRESSURE on him. That's it. They didn't even try. And where was the Defensive Player of the Year? He disappeared before and after the injury in that game.

Trash. Plain and simple. Sorry about the rambling.

baba
01-14-2008, 06:43 PM
The team has some character issues, but I still hope lightening strikes and they beat the Pats. I'm so sick of them.

jcmichaels42
01-14-2008, 08:30 PM
First of all, I agree that Rivers is a douche. And for all those people that say he's good....well look at the friggin weapons he has around him?

You've got the best RB and TE in football on your offense. They traded for a legit #1 receiver in Chambers and Vincent Jackson is pretty good himself. You put any QB in that offense and they are bound to have a good game on most days. And with that being said, Rivers still managed to single-handedly lose, or almost lose games for the Chargers.

And as much as I don't like the Patriots either, at least they don't act like assholes every time they get a sack and do some dumb dance because they have a light switch tattooed on their forearm. They keep their mouthes shut and just beat the shit out of everyone....the way it should be.

Noise Chopped
01-15-2008, 01:25 AM
And Tomlinson is a hypocrite cry baby - Just...Had to get that in there. He cried last year about the classless Patriots, where the fuck was all that whining this year? Where is that moralistic character with Merriman?

Yea. Fuck the Chargers, hah.

Mac
01-15-2008, 01:25 PM
First of all, I agree that Rivers is a douche. And for all those people that say he's good....well look at the friggin weapons he has around him?

You've got the best RB and TE in football on your offense. They traded for a legit #1 receiver in Chambers and Vincent Jackson is pretty good himself. You put any QB in that offense and they are bound to have a good game on most days. And with that being said, Rivers still managed to single-handedly lose, or almost lose games for the Chargers.

And as much as I don't like the Patriots either, at least they don't act like assholes every time they get a sack and do some dumb dance because they have a light switch tattooed on their forearm. They keep their mouthes shut and just beat the shit out of everyone....the way it should be.

Lol, childish sackdance or cheating? Ding...ding....ding, we have a winner.

jcmichaels42
01-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Lol, childish sackdance or cheating? Ding...ding....ding, we have a winner.

Let me not confuse things....I dislike the Patriots very much. I think Rodney Harrison is a piece of garbage and maybe one of the dirtiest players in the NFL. And I can't stand Tom Brady, but I don't really know why.

But at the same time you don't see guys on their team taunting the fans, or taunting other players (ex. the Rivers/Cutler thing), or doing dopey sack dances.

And as for the "spygate" thing....I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but I guarantee that at one time or another every team in the NFL has thought of doing this or has done this. They just weren't dumb enough to get caught. Stealing signals is common in just about every sport.

So to reaffirm my point, Philip Rivers is a douche. :deadhorse:

Severn
01-15-2008, 09:15 PM
He has a dickish Ryan Leaf quality to him. San Diego sure knows how to pick'em.

Mac
01-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Let me not confuse things....I dislike the Patriots very much. I think Rodney Harrison is a piece of garbage and maybe one of the dirtiest players in the NFL. And I can't stand Tom Brady, but I don't really know why.

But at the same time you don't see guys on their team taunting the fans, or taunting other players (ex. the Rivers/Cutler thing), or doing dopey sack dances.

And as for the "spygate" thing....I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but I guarantee that at one time or another every team in the NFL has thought of doing this or has done this. They just weren't dumb enough to get caught. Stealing signals is common in just about every sport.

So to reaffirm my point, Philip Rivers is a douche. :deadhorse:

Rivers may be a douche and I am not sticking up for him, I do think the Chargers are a good team though. But don't get it twisted, the Patriots have a reputation for being the biggest shit talkers and talking down to the other team of anybody out there.

Macgyver
01-17-2008, 03:37 PM

Are you against celebrations of all sort?

The reason I ask is that you said that Merriman is an "asshole" by celebrating/dancing after a sack. By that same token, I would expect that you think Randy Moss, LT2, Steve Smith, Joey Galloway, Mous Mohammed, the Giants D-line, TO, Chad Johnson, etc. are all assholes because they have trademark celebrations.

If you're against sack dances then you better be against any type of TD celebration as well. What's the difference between Merriman's lights out dance and Randy Moss' hand gesture TD celebration?? They are both their "trademark" celebrations for their respective big plays (sack & TD).

I hate to see double standards based on dislike of a player/team.

jcmichaels42
01-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah actually I am against those celebrations. I don't think they should be penalized for doing them either, but I don't personally like them. A simple fist pump and a show of excitement would do the job, and maybe hand the referee the ball after you score.

I understand they should be free to express themselves, but there's also a saying that says..."Act like you've been there before."

Macgyver
01-18-2008, 08:10 AM
Yeah actually I am against those celebrations. I don't think they should be penalized for doing them either, but I don't personally like them. A simple fist pump and a show of excitement would do the job, and maybe hand the referee the ball after you score.

I understand they should be free to express themselves, but there's also a saying that says..."Act like you've been there before."

Yeah, I can understand the "Act like you've been there before", if that's your stance on subject for all celebrations, i respect that.

Personally, I'm on the other side of the fence. Seeing Chad Johnson scoring a TD gets me excited to see what he's going to do. And when Merriman gets a sack and doesn't do the lights out, I'm pretty disappointed.

Salvy_Mic
01-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Celebrations are one thing, but the whole Chargers team just seems to be teeming with guys who never seem to know how to keep their mouths shut. There's just an air of overconfidence bordering on arrogance there that's not deserved, as the Chargers haven't won a single thing, title-wise, since the 60s. All the elite, talented teams are arrogant to a certain degree, but you don't notice it as much when its a team that's one championships, like the Patriots and Colts have. The Chargers haven't done enough to be able to be as smug as they are.

MONSONBYCHOKE
01-19-2008, 10:43 AM
I have no problem with talking trash during the game, It happens in every sport everywhere and its always going to be there. I have lived in Massachusetts my whole life and am a huge pats fan, always have been. I will be at the game actually tomorrow. My thing is, if your going to talk shit, do it on the field. Don't go in front of the camera's before the game or just after your last win saying how your going to kick the pats ass. It foolish for anyone to do it even the pats. Yeah they might talk shit on the field but have you ever heard of them talking shit about a team prior to the game or after, NO! They show nothing but respect.

On a side note though. I hope other teams continue to talk trash like this. Every person that has done so this year has had to eat those words. You would think teams would start to realize, they look like fools doing it. by the way Pats 34-17

Brutus
01-19-2008, 10:55 AM
I have no problem with talking trash during the game, It happens in every sport everywhere and its always going to be there. I have lived in Massachusetts my whole life and am a huge pats fan, always have been. I will be at the game actually tomorrow. My thing is, if your going to talk shit, do it on the field. Don't go in front of the camera's before the game or just after your last win saying how your going to kick the pats ass. It foolish for anyone to do it even the pats. Yeah they might talk shit on the field but have you ever heard of them talking shit about a team prior to the game or after, NO! They show nothing but respect.

On a side note though. I hope other teams continue to talk trash like this. Every person that has done so this year has had to eat those words. You would think teams would start to realize, they look like fools doing it. by the way Pats 34-17

That was really nice of you to give SD 17 points. With Billy Volek as the starter, i would be surprised if they got 10. Rivers has a partially torn ACL.