PDA

View Full Version : rep system sugesstion

Mungo
01-14-2008, 12:49 PM
instead of seeing this ∞ why not just display the amount of rep someone really has... I'm really curious to see how much rep the ∞ users have

Clint
01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
instead of seeing this ∞ why not just display the amount of rep someone really has... I'm really curious to see how much rep the ∞ users have

Mostly just because I have to hand program in each of those levels for rep, so after 2000, I just got lazy.

Mungo
01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Any chance you'll fix it?

Clint
01-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Doubtfully. It takes quite a bit of effort to put in each level and all of the rules for promoting or demoting to the other levels as rep increases/decreases. So If I changed it to numbers they would all just say 2000+ unless I added in all the sublevels.

Mungo
01-14-2008, 01:38 PM
:( Damn laziness. :(

thebwit
01-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Arg I just tried to rep someone I know I haven't rep'd before but because I had already rep'd someone else in the same thread it wouldn't let me. That's annoying. Some threads get to be like 5+ pages and more than one person can have a valid or a stupid point in the same thread.

Clint
01-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Arg I just tried to rep someone I know I haven't rep'd before but because I had already rep'd someone else in the same thread it wouldn't let me. That's annoying. Some threads get to be like 5+ pages and more than one person can have a valid or a stupid point in the same thread.

There shouldn't be a limit on reps in a thread. Are you sure that you haven't repped them before in the past 10 reps or have you already repped 8 people in the past 24 hours.

valheruking
01-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Yeah, there is no limit on reps per thread.

thebwit
01-14-2008, 09:45 PM
There shouldn't be a limit on reps in a thread. Are you sure that you haven't repped them before in the past 10 reps or have you already repped 8 people in the past 24 hours.

Hrm, I tried to rep someone else and it let me. The error said "You can't rep the same post twice" so I assumed it meant overall. Weird thing is I didn't rep the post before I tried so yeah. Is there something about reping people with infinity rep that I am unaware of?

Clint
01-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Hrm, I tried to rep someone else and it let me. The error said "You can't rep the same post twice" so I assumed it meant overall. Weird thing is I didn't rep the post before I tried so yeah. Is there something about reping people with infinity rep that I am unaware of?

No, nothing there. My only guess is that you accidentally repped that post before without knowing it. I dunno how you do that but it believes that you already gave rep to that specific post.

Mungo
01-15-2008, 06:24 AM
Why can TSK rate me like 10 times in a row and I can only rate him once?

Mungo
01-15-2008, 07:23 AM
I should really make a bunch of puppets and spam this forum with virtual backhands then we'd see who'd have the better powers.

Luckily I'm not a faggot like some people though. :)

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/333/l18d3dbfe654da0e58406a2ur2.jpg

BigBanda
01-15-2008, 06:47 PM
I should really make a bunch of puppets and spam this forum with virtual backhands then we'd see who'd have the better powers.

Luckily I'm not a faggot like some people though. :)

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/333/l18d3dbfe654da0e58406a2ur2.jpg

lol wtf?! Is this why Mungo is now an Inmate?

Jellypig
01-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Surprised he wasn't banned for that type of shit. Completely uncalled for.

Submissionist
01-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Sundance did you really neg him ten times in a row?

Bullock
01-17-2008, 04:05 AM
Mungo has sand is his vagina.

smoogy
01-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Maybe not 10, but it was more than 5.lol

I never neg anyone, but this guy was just trying to start shit.

I closed his thread about him wanting us to allow fighter bashing because the decision had already been made and he neg'd me saying, "you always have something negative to say".

I never neg'd for making the thread and explained to him why it would not be allowed and the desision had already been made, he didn't let that stand and neg'd me over it, I was never disrespectful to him..

Also, that is one sexy mother fucker in that picture, doesn't everyone agree?

*Also, you can't rep someone pos or neg when they are an inmate, but I do plan on neg'ing the post he called me a faggot and I would expect you guys to also neg him when he comes back.

Another one bites the dust (for giving neg rep)

Mungo
01-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Maybe not 10, but it was more than 5.lol

I never neg anyone, but this guy was just trying to start shit.

I closed his thread about him wanting us to allow fighter bashing because the decision had already been made and he neg'd me saying, "you always have something negative to say".

I never neg'd for making the thread and explained to him why it would not be allowed and the desision had already been made, he didn't let that stand and neg'd me over it, I was never disrespectful to him..

Also, that is one sexy mother fucker in that picture, doesn't everyone agree?

*Also, you can't rep someone pos or neg when they are an inmate, but I do plan on neg'ing the post he called me a faggot and I would expect you guys to also neg him when he comes back.

nah man you were disrespectful and negative just like in the past.. you were like if you don't like it leave, stop bitching about it and sarcastically said have a great day... i was fine with you closing the thread AND BEING DONE WITH IT

but since you wanted to be an ass about it i felt like negging you. the fact that you have to abuse your powers and neg me 8 times and try to rally others to neg me shows how immature you're being about the whole situation. you could have just negged me back but now you have to try and rally people behind you

i never meant to start shit, i just felt disrespected. can we just let this whole thing go?

Steel
01-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Enough.

Stick to PM's for future bloodshed and violence!

Noob
01-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Mungo, calm it down a notch. If you have issues with the site, PM's are a much more effective means of voicing your concerns. Staking public claims in threads comes off poorly, and promotes strife when it isn't needed.

Just friendly advice.