PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout them (NY) Giants?

jkilla374
01-21-2008, 06:38 AM
What do you think? I'm a NYer, so I think they have a good shot at winning against NE in two weeks, what do you folks think? And how about their turnaround?

Gurry
01-21-2008, 06:54 AM
man if they give up chances like they did against Packers, NE will eat em, that Tynes is more clutch than Vinateri in the last second of the NE Rams game a few years back lOL.

However, othr than the terrible kicking, the offense and defense looked phenomenal, the offense made the packers d look like amateurs, if they can correct there special teams i think they gotta decent chance.

MONSONBYCHOKE
01-21-2008, 06:55 AM
I think you think just like every other team thinks. We Can beat the patriots. The reality of it is, The pats are not going to loose this game. Its not going to happen. I think your team has played well. Being a Massachusetts resident my whole life as well as a pats fan I just feel this way. I think deep down everyone knows where there team could of possibly ended up mid way through this season. Lets fight for 2nd place. I just think that this team is just really that good. Best off luck in the bowl but I think your going to need more than that. I think we are seeing something special this year. I am by no means taking anything away from all the other teams this year. We will see i guess, best of luck

Afro
01-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Its gonna be hard beating the Giants twice

MONSONBYCHOKE
01-21-2008, 08:44 AM
I think its going to be harder beating the Patriots once :)

error2k5
01-21-2008, 11:02 AM
I am a hardcore NE patriots hater and I simply don't want them to have the perfect season and I admit I will root for whoever they are facing...believe it or not i've been rooting against the pats for years now but I can't stand anymore dissapointment. I honestly think we are just delaying the inebidable. The giants will lose. They will keep it close and be in it up until the second half which is when brady/moss...or welker...or stallworth...or marooney...or faulk...or gaffney...will simply start blowing their doors off.

i'll be rooting for the giants though...

baba
01-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm going with the Giants in this one. If they lose...I was wrong, no biggie. But if they win, there should be a PPV to watch the mass suicides throughout Boston.

War Strahan!

Edit: sorry monsonbychoke -- I know youre a Mass. guy and I respect you as a poster, but I am just so sick of the Patriots. They're making football boring by being so good. If they just walk away with it every year, whats the point of watching?? I'd feel that way about any team who blew everyone up year after year. And I can't stand Moss or Harrison.

Ramma
01-21-2008, 10:12 PM
I can tell you guys this, Giants fans are going nuts over by me (NJ).

Every man, woman, and child had on a NY Giants Hat, T-Shirt, Jacket, and/or pin today.

Superbowl weekend is going to be nuts by me.

Noise Chopped
01-21-2008, 11:09 PM
I, for one, am fucking thrilled for Eli. Good for him. Strahan too.

jcmichaels42
01-21-2008, 11:46 PM
To be perfectly honest, I'm not a Giants fan in the least bit. Being from Philly, I don't think I'd ever cheer for the Giants......except if they play the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

I have to give them credit though. They went into every game as heavy underdogs and ended up winning every game. I think Eli deserves more credit than he gets and that defense has really stepped up in the 2nd half of this season.

MONSONBYCHOKE
01-22-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm going with the Giants in this one. If they lose...I was wrong, no biggie. But if they win, there should be a PPV to watch the mass suicides throughout Boston.

War Strahan!

Edit: sorry monsonbychoke -- I know youre a Mass. guy and I respect you as a poster, but I am just so sick of the Patriots. They're making football boring by being so good. If they just walk away with it every year, whats the point of watching?? I'd feel that way about any team who blew everyone up year after year. And I can't stand Moss or Harrison.
Hey no worries my friend. I know what it feels like. I am a Redsox Fan (Yankees winning all the time)

supermark21
01-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Go giants!! People seem to forget that the giants were up by two scores when they collapsed and the pats came back earlier this year. If Eli can keep his composure and not make mistakes the Giants have a serious shot.

On an off note I hate the Patriots and everything that has to do with them

TeddyDaBear
01-23-2008, 01:43 AM
I am, like many of us, a Patriot hater but i am also a realist. I could not agree with Monson more, we are witnessing history. I think the Patriots are in a league of their own right now and I don't feel NY has the talent, coaches, etc. that NE has and I feel NE wins this game by 3 TD's IMO.

Tick
01-23-2008, 08:35 PM
I can tell you guys this, Giants fans are going nuts over by me (NJ).

Every man, woman, and child had on a NY Giants Hat, T-Shirt, Jacket, and/or pin today.

Superbowl weekend is going to be nuts by me.

Where I am at (Monmouth County) I went to the dicks sporting goods near me the next day. EVERYBODY besides me were buying the 30$ Giants champ hats and shirts etc... It was CRAZY!

I have been a Giants fan my whole life, and for me the moment they beat the cowboys I have been happy. I just hope it isn't like when they played the ravens...

Punk Ass
01-24-2008, 06:24 AM
to be honest, i hate the giants because they beat my Cowboys. I probably hate the pats even more, because they beat the Cowboys and are perfect this season, but I hope the Giants beat the pats asses.

With that said, the Pats are going to have a easy win. They would have has more trouble with the Cowboys.

Salvy_Mic
01-25-2008, 01:48 AM
I've been a Patriots fan since the Parcells years, so of course I think they'll win. It should be close though, the Giants are a great running team and Eli has really found his groove as of late. Still, the Patriots have advantages in more facets of the game and they'll do whatever it takes to remain focused and win.
Still, I think the fact that the Patriots and Giants didn't rest any of their players had a lot to do with the momentum each team carried into the playoffs, especially with the Giants. That oughta show the Colts and Bucs that resting your players unless they're hurt is overrated. It's almost karmic if you think about it.

But nonetheless, final score: Patriots 35, Giants 27 in a game where the game is still up in the air until near the end of the game.

POINDEXTER
01-27-2008, 04:59 PM
I'l pullin' for the Giants as well, NYC baby!