PDA

View Full Version : tabata Intervals / protein / other quesions

Tick
01-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Has anyone ever tried Ross Enamait's tabata Intervals (http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/tabataintervals.html)? I am thinking of trying them (and have a music thing to go along with it, I can upload it if anyone is interested)... If you have tried it, what is your experience with it? What exercises did you like using with it?

Right now I am thinking of using it with Jumping rope, sprinting on a treadmill, very fast pace on a stepper, burpee's, body weight squats, box jumping... Any other idea's? Any reasons why some of these wont work?

Second question... My current protein intake is in the morning with my breakfast I drink a whey shake. (My breakfast is usually oatmeal and the shake). Before bed I take a casein shake. Also before and after I lift I drink a whey shake. Now, since I don't exercise until night would it be more beneficial to drink a casein with breakfast instead of whey? Or a mixture of the two? Since casein is thinker (and more filling) and takes longer to process through the body it seems that it might be a better option in the AM.... What are your thoughts?

Tick
01-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Well since no one new anything I will give some thoughts on tabata intervals...

I did them for the first time the other day. Might I say, it kicked my ass.
What I did:
20s jump rope as fast as I could
10s rest
20s body weight squats
10s rest
20s Burpee's
10s rest
20s jump rope
10s rest
20s pushups
10s rest
20s dips
10s rest
20s body weight squats
10s rest
20s crunches

did two rounds of that (was suppose to do 4) but then my body told me no more.

It doesn't look like alot, but it dominated me. I see this as a great endurance tool, and something I am going to do more of.

jklep
01-25-2008, 02:31 PM
your right on the money about casien, thats always the best choice before bed, so are you trying to lean out? if so then get basic whey, it makes your body burn hotter to process it and it is processed quickly, hence why its always taken immediatley after a work out, i use muscle milk, thats the best shit ever imo, but its very high calorie, they make a light, its one of the highest quality protiens made and it tastes amazing, but if your trying to stay strong while cutting weight take whey isolate"its pricey" but will keep your strength while cutting then take the casien before bed, good luck let me know how it goes for ya