PDA

View Full Version : Why was Jackson thrown off and Leben wasn't?

Donny77
09-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Chris left the house too and didnt go..

MMA 4ever
09-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Randy Couture

To clarify, I mean that Leben stayed because of Couture and Jackson did not have anyone like Randy to keep him on.

Just my opinion of course.

Donny77
09-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Thats bulshit... I hate Dana!!!!!

Clint
09-12-2006, 07:42 PM
I think it is also that Leben left and came back, whereas Jackson had someone meet up with him and then snuck out of the house to meet them. It's a slightly different situation.

Also they more than likely have cracked down harder on the rules now that the show is more popular.

Storm442
09-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Manufactured Drama.

You need to have high ratings to draw advertisers, and if there's no drama ... then CREATE SOME !

j.farrell
09-12-2006, 08:44 PM
i think storm is right..since they knew there wouldnt be a whole lot of bullshit going on due to the fact these guys are already professional athletes, maybe dana gave jackson some money to take one for the team..we'll see if dana lets him fight again, then most likely it was a scam..on the other hand, maybe dana expects more discipline from this group considering this could be their final shot..

Kewl144
09-12-2006, 09:19 PM
i think storm is right..since they knew there wouldnt be a whole lot of bullshit going on due to the fact these guys are already professional athletes, maybe dana gave jackson some money to take one for the team..we'll see if dana lets him fight again, then most likely it was a scam..on the other hand, maybe dana expects more discipline from this group considering this could be their final shot..

I'd go with your second idea rather than a conspiracy.;)

ccl2087
09-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Randy Couture

To clarify, I mean that Leben stayed because of Couture and Jackson did not have anyone like Randy to keep him on.

Just my opinion of course.
I agree, Leben had his coach and mentor there with him to push for him to stay on the show, while JJ was on his own. Randy probably would have left the show had Leben been kicked off, and Dana (while I hate the way he does things sometimes) is too smart to let something like that happen

Newyorkslav3
09-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Not to mention that also Jackson has been in the UFC before, He knows what he needs to do and take this seriouslly and focus and he didn't. But Leben hadn't been in the UFC before he was a new comer and noone in the house knew what they were really getting into and how serious and focued you have to be. Thats why I think he wasn't kicked, Giving him a 2nd chance, but for Jackson, being on the show was his 2nd chance.

Boo
09-13-2006, 12:53 AM
Leben was on the first TUF and they've made a lot of changes on the show since then. If they continued to let guys get away with it, why would there be any motivation to adhere to the rules? If JJ had been allowed to stay why wouldn't every other guy on the show say, why not?

Breaking rules = Facing the consequences. It's a fact of grown up life EVERYWHERE. Stating every exception to that (Breaking rules = Consequences) doesn't make it any less true. I sure wish someone would have given me a 6 week or 12 week short cut. Let me see......8 years of college living in poverty or 6 weeks of living in a luxury home with every thing I really need being handed to me, but being bored. Whoopdi doo. Some of you guys act like they are going through some real hardship. Give me a break.

They should be looking for creative ways to entertain themselves. There was life before television. I can think of all kinds of things I would spend my time doing if I were in their situation.

My point is that EVERYTHING WORTH HAVING IS WORTH SACRIFICING FOR. I'm grateful for the opportunities I've been given and the talents I have and these guys should be too, and I think some of them are.

Jeremy Jackson appears to be his own worst enemy.

Boo
09-13-2006, 12:57 AM
BTW Storm442, love the new avatar. I've got to get my embarrassing avatar changed, but gonna have to wait till tomorrow, my pic is at work.

killerinstinct
09-13-2006, 01:00 AM
That says it best.

Kewl144
09-13-2006, 01:11 AM

Yep...which is funny because before he was kicked off the show he was bitching about getting bad breaks in life and how life kept bringing him down. It didnt seem like he learned to take responsibility for his own actions. Even on his way out he was saying that he hoped Dana understood why he did what he did...which again tells me that he doesnt know how to take responsibility for his own actions. Hopefully he'll learn something from screwing up something that could have changed his life forever...but I still dont want to see him in the UFC again.

Storm442
09-13-2006, 09:10 AM
BTW Storm442, love the new avatar. I've got to get my embarrassing avatar changed, but gonna have to wait till tomorrow, my pic is at work.

LOL, thanks!
Can't wait to see the new and improved BOO pic.

Post soon,
~Storm

Newyorkslav3
09-14-2006, 02:47 AM
Yep...which is funny because before he was kicked off the show he was bitching about getting bad breaks in life and how life kept bringing him down. It didnt seem like he learned to take responsibility for his own actions. Even on his way out he was saying that he hoped Dana understood why he did what he did...which again tells me that he doesnt know how to take responsibility for his own actions. Hopefully he'll learn something from screwing up something that could have changed his life forever...but I still dont want to see him in the UFC again.

They edit it that way for a reason, for all you know he could of said that after the events took place.

Kewl144
09-14-2006, 04:43 AM
They edit it that way for a reason, for all you know he could of said that after the events took place.

you have a point I assume?

Mastiff_owner
09-14-2006, 06:49 AM
BOO is right on. I couldn't have said it any better. Well done.

BKS
09-24-2006, 11:10 PM
My dad had a thought about why he got kicked off.

You all heard him talking about living in a car for 6 months, right?

Well, what if he started the Stauff infection, but Dana didn't want people to know? So, he had Jackson 'accuire' a certain amount of money, and told him to make up the story about sneaking out. It's plausible.

Kewl144
09-24-2006, 11:14 PM
My dad had a thought about why he got kicked off.

You all heard him talking about living in a car for 6 months, right?

Well, what if he started the Stauff infection, but Dana didn't want people to know? So, he had Jackson 'accuire' a certain amount of money, and told him to make up the story about sneaking out. It's plausible.

the staph would have appeared before 2 weeks into training.;) You probably have it on your body right now as do a lot of people (its quite common). However, problems arise when it gets into cuts and enters the body.

BKS
09-24-2006, 11:22 PM
True, true.

It just seems odd that Jackson seemed so calm explaining it.

cicero1
10-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Theres no doubt that Leban stayed because Randy went to bat for him.
Its foolish to think anything else.
I dont understand the first comment about Leban leaving and coming back and JJ meeting someone??? I dont get it.

Boo
10-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Theres no doubt that Leban stayed because Randy went to bat for him.
Its foolish to think anything else.
I dont understand the first comment about Leban leaving and coming back and JJ meeting someone??? I dont get it.
When Leben left he made a phone call. JJ was meeting up with the lifeguard. Does that clarify it for you or did you mean something else?