PDA

View Full Version : Ankle Sprain

POINDEXTER
01-23-2008, 10:06 PM
I just sprained my ankle today, pretty badly. I've sprained both ankles before several times and usually try different techniques, elevation, ice, etc. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion that they have found particularly useful and indispensable.

Gmunit
01-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I just sprained my ankle today, pretty badly. I've sprained both ankle before several times and usually try different techniques, elevation, ice, etc. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion that they have found particularly useful and indispensable.

Ice off and on for the first 24 - 36 hrs, I usually try to do 15 to 25 mins on, then like 30 mins off, Elevated the whole time

Optional:

Now you need to re-hydrate with some booze (can substitute Beer, but you'll get awfully cold while icing your foot), preferably straight i.e amaretto, rye (whiskey), scotch (i'm not a big scotch guy tho) etc.

its also very important to get your greens in you, smoke one every 2 or 3 TV shows (every hour or hour and a half), AGAIN... not so much that you lose your balance but not too little where you want to get off the couch

follow these steps and you'll be primed in no time flat

(p.s. above steps also cure a broken heart)

POINDEXTER
01-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Ice off and on for the first 24 - 36 hrs, I usually try to do 15 to 25 mins on, then like 30 mins off, Elevated the whole time

Optional:

Now you need to re-hydrate with some booze (can substitute Beer, but you'll get awfully cold while icing your foot), preferably straight i.e amaretto, rye (whiskey), scotch (i'm not a big scotch guy tho) etc.

its also very important to get your greens in you, smoke one every 2 or 3 TV shows (every hour or hour and a half), AGAIN... not so much that you lose your balance but not too little where you want to get off the couch

follow these steps and you'll be primed in no time flat

(p.s. above steps also cure a broken heart)

Ha ha ha! Thanks for the advice.

POINDEXTER
01-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Will do.

foundstarr
01-28-2008, 04:52 AM
Damit, GMUNIT, I'm the one, that give out advise here.

Try Pot.

That's your cure for everything, that or alcohol.. Frickin Sundance... J/k man

Ramma
01-28-2008, 10:24 PM

^^ That is pretty much what you need to do. Investing in an ankle brace or buying some wraps for support when your first start walking on it again will also make a difference.

POINDEXTER
01-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Thanks, that's what I try/will try to do - the initial pain sucks but the fact that the weakness and potential for re-injury lingers so long is the worst.

Gmunit
01-29-2008, 02:40 AM
Thanks, that's what I try/will try to do - the initial pain sucks but the fact that the weakness and potential for re-injury lingers so long is the worst.

i was shit-faced one night and walked off my buddy's porch and missed the walkway, but my sandal caught the side of it, my ankle popped like 3 times on the way down, i tore a bunch of shit

now i roll that ankle all the time, its weak as hell, but i can't sprain it

POINDEXTER
01-30-2008, 02:43 AM
I always think of that a little bit too late.

It turns out I fractured my fibula. Dang.

Shit sucks.