PDA

View Full Version : Sig/Av bet hall of shame

Macgyver
01-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Seeing peoples Sigs/Av after they lose a bet is one of my favorite things on this site.

What do you guys think of having some sort of "Sig/Av bet hall of shame" or something to that extent where those who lost a sig/av bet must post in it within a week (or so) after an event so that everyone can see their new sig/av??

If you could go into one thread and see all the losers new sigs, I think that it would not only kick ass, but it would make the bets more meaningful and people would put more efforts into well thought out sigs.

I'm not sure the best way to do it.
-One sticky thread
-Create one thread per event

Either way, we could add this clause to the "official sig/av bet rules"

Just thought I'd throw it out there...what do the Mods (or anyone else) think?

thebwit
01-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Seeing peoples Sigs/Av after they lose a bet is one of my favorite things on this site.

What do you guys think of having some sort of "Sig/Av bet hall of shame" or something to that extent where those who lost a sig/av bet must post in it within a week (or so) after an event so that everyone can see their new sig/av??

If you could go into one thread and see all the losers new sigs, I think that it would not only kick ass, but it would make the bets more meaningful and people would put more efforts into well thought out sigs.

I'm not sure the best way to do it.
-One sticky thread
-Create one thread per event

Either way, we could add this clause to the "official sig/av bet rules"

Just thought I'd throw it out there...what do the Mods (or anyone else) think?
I like this idea. The only downside is that when you update your sig - it updates it across all your posts, not just the new ones. Would have to force people to say "This is my new sig" and then it would be a double for the duration of the terms.

Macgyver
01-28-2008, 09:46 PM
I like this idea. The only downside is that when you update your sig - it updates it across all your posts, not just the new ones. Would have to force people to say "This is my new sig" and then it would be a double for the duration of the terms.

That's why I think it would be a good idea to make a thread per event...the bets usually last for one or two weeks anyways...they can be closed after 3 weeks or so.

2mcgrath
01-28-2008, 10:28 PM
yeah i like the idea,would be funny to browse through

Ramma
01-28-2008, 10:29 PM
We wouldn't necessarily need to make a new thread. Create one official thread, sticky it in Off Topic (since not much is stickied there) and have all the losers post once. Once the time period is up, a mod can simple delete the posts and it will be a unreplied thread till more sig bets and such are done.

Of course, no responses like "LOL! That is great", it would just be to post the sigs/avs.

Basically, the poster says

Here is my sig/av until: XX/XX/08 and the post will be deleted (by the poster or a mod) after that date.

If everyone wants to do it, I don't see why not.

Of course, 1 thread for every event would work just as easy.

thebwit
01-28-2008, 11:04 PM
We wouldn't necessarily need to make a new thread. Create one official thread, sticky it in Off Topic (since not much is stickied there) and have all the losers post once. Once the time period is up, a mod can simple delete the posts and it will be a unreplied thread till more sig bets and such are done.

Of course, no responses like "LOL! That is great", it would just be to post the sigs/avs.

Basically, the poster says

Here is my sig/av until: XX/XX/08 and the post will be deleted (by the poster or a mod) after that date.

If everyone wants to do it, I don't see why not.

Of course, 1 thread for every event would work just as easy.

I would want to have a history of these so to speak. Rather than delete the posts, I want a way to look back at them. I need inspiration for some people and this would be a great way to do it.

Ramma
01-28-2008, 11:07 PM
In that case, have the winner post the sig/av and state who they gave it to.

valheruking
01-28-2008, 11:12 PM
I think we'd see a lot of dead links after a while when people delete them from whatever site when the bet is up.

Clint
01-29-2008, 02:05 PM
After this next event we can try it but Val is right the links are gonna die unless someone saves them and hosts them seperatley in their own photobucket accounts or whatever.