PDA

View Full Version : shogun vs. wanderlei

icemanct
09-14-2006, 05:37 AM
gosh idk i think i will go with wanderlei,caue i dont think shougun has that great of a chin and hasent been tested in a while (im just guessin) to close to call. who do yall think would win?

Afro
09-14-2006, 05:42 AM
To be honest, it has nothin to do with the Cro-cop fight but.. ima go with Shogun

P4P Wandy is still better but Shogun has the best standup game in the LHW division IMO

But its 50/50 really cuz Wandy could take Shogun to the ground and defeat him there, but standing Shogun gets the edge over not only Wand but anyone in the LHW division.. his standup game is unreal.

icemanct
09-14-2006, 05:45 AM
To be honest, it has nothin to do with the Cro-cop fight but.. ima go with Shogun

P4P Wandy is still better but Shogun has the best standup game in the LHW division IMO

But its 50/50 really cuz Wandy could take Shogun to the ground and defeat him there, but standing Shogun gets the edge over not only Wand but anyone in the LHW division.. his standup game is unreal.would shogun win decision or ko?

Afro
09-14-2006, 05:47 AM
would shogun win decision or ko?
Decision, dont let the Cro-cop fight fool you Cro-cop has more KO power then anyone in MMA and he had to beat down Wandy till he was gassed and battered before he KO'd him with a kick that woulda prolly knocked down Fedor or atleast set up a knock down. Shogun has mad KO power but Wandy can take a hit, Shogun sets up more TKOs then KOs, the guy will just beat the living crap outta you until you tap or the Ref comes in and theres nothin you can really do about it because he hits you from every angle so how does one defend? gotta take it to the ground to beat Shogun or your done for.. that goes for anyone IMO not just Wand.

icemanct
09-14-2006, 05:49 AM
yeah,but would you question shogun's chin though?

Afro
09-14-2006, 06:00 AM
yeah,but would you question shogun's chin though?
not really, hes proven himself.. Arona, Overeem, Jackson

Aronas stance may be fucked but he can stand and fight

just watch Liddell vs Overeem to find out how good of a striker Overeem is

Quinton Jackson in his prime can stand with anyone in the LHW division

if he really has a suspect chin we'd find out in a Wandy fight, cuz he'd be KO'd but going based on what we know.. Shogun has the edge standing, but hes like Chuck Liddell on the ground.. a fish outta water.

Intellectual
09-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Shogun has a good chin. His fight against Lil Nog kinda showed that Shogun has great stand up but still improvement was needed.

This fight would go either way.

Im gonna have to say

Shogun Decision (Split)

WandAXE
09-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Wand just because he has more experince, and better all around, but would be a great fight . Wand ref stop.

liddell316
09-17-2006, 03:19 AM
Yeah, I think Wand, but it'd be as even as you can get.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
09-20-2006, 12:39 AM
Wand just because he has more experince, and better all around, but would be a great fight . Wand ref stop.

AGREED,, BUT SHOGUN IS A G

Howie
09-21-2006, 05:05 AM
Shogun TKO