PDA

View Full Version : This fight!

jimmyterrell
06-02-2006, 05:40 AM
These are the sloppiest strikes I have ever seen! This dude that the deaf guy is fighting (Sorry, I haven't been watching until tnoight so I don't know any names) is worthless! He's letting the sloppiest strikes I have ever seen connect. He had the guy rocked and backed off even though Shamrock is like "Throw your knees, throw your kicks, finish him off!" Hell, the deaf guy can't even get advice and he's still killing this guy. The deaf guy is a wrestler I know, which explains the sloppy strikes... But the dude he is fighting is WORTHLESS! We'll see how round 2 goes...

Afro
06-02-2006, 05:45 AM
Ya Mike is worthless, im gettin annoyed by the fact that hes not throwin the damn knee.. how hard is that to understand!?!?! jeez just throw the damn knee.

jimmyterrell
06-02-2006, 05:49 AM
Well, I'm glad he's going home... He's about as worthless as any fighter I have seen... EVER!

Matt Boone
06-02-2006, 05:59 AM
Yeah I'm glad the better of the two advanced. Wonder what's up with him though, weird way to react to winning a fight. I mean other then getting hit a few times in the face he didn't take that much punishment. He was having what stomach problems and his injured arm was bothering him? He really seemed to be a complete mess after the fight like mentally. As if he realized this is something he doesn't want to do. Kind of the same reaction he had when he got tagged in practice a few weeks ago, only this time it happened after he won the fight, you'd think with adrenaline and **** he'd show some kind of sign of joy even if it's just a facial expression. He was completely out of it though.

This week's show outside the fight was one of the best of the season though. The early stuff with Bisping/Hamill was awesome, those two better fight at some point or this whole season was built up the wrong way, because I would think that's the fight people want to see the most out of everyone on the cast.

LA Suxs
06-02-2006, 06:47 AM
ok, people gotta get this when you're tired its not easy throwing a knee. i know it seems simple but try being exhausted in a fight and throwing an effective knee, specially when its apparent Nickels striking is not his forte

Matt Boone
06-02-2006, 06:50 AM
I would argue you and say they were yelling at him from about 60 seconds into the fight on to throw kicks and knees and he listened maybe once or twice total....but he seemed to be gassed extremely early so I kinda was thinking the same thing. It's good advice and he should do it, but I knew that's why he wasn't. His punches were wimpy as hell after about one minute in also, he'd duck his head and throw very straight punches but with absolutely nothing on them. He seemed to be in terrible shape and survived on heart and guts alone.

arashikagepunishment
06-02-2006, 07:11 AM
maybe its just me, but i feel nickel defeated himself before the fight even started. he just didn't seem confident to me. i think he was nerves about getting matt on the ground. i guess he also wasn't aware of matt injuring his arm, because injuries always become a target. also i figured nickel was going to figure out at least in the first round that matt was very reserved about going to the ground, so you would think that would be his game plan. this fight was really weak and i just wish is was like the danny fight and would of ended earlier. the thing that got me was the person who posted that doctored photo of bisping vs nickel, that image was in the back of my mind the whole fight. though i knew from the first minute in the fight that matt had this fight in the bag. though as we all know anything can happen. it was pretty clear that nickels only chance was with the knee and he used it once and it was a body shot.

LA Suxs
06-02-2006, 07:15 AM
its not a doctored pic, but well like i thought before it could just be a regular pic not even for a match. or it could mean many other things, maybe ppl are right and Hamill leaves Nickels comes in and eventually fights Bisping. or maybe Bisping doesnt make it to the finals and faces Nickels in UFN. there you have so many choices now :devilsmilie:

arashikagepunishment
06-02-2006, 07:50 AM
i suppose your right. there are many of possibilities. i just hate that it was posted before the fight, cause its one of those things where nothing is set in stone but you always have things like that, that you have to take into account.
just to play devils advocate here, i don't see how nickels returns. well i mean like you said if matt doesn't return. but i think he does. from what i remember of the clip at the end it was a guy who was wearing a red hoodie and if memory serves me right only members of team punishment wear red hoodies.

jimmyterrell
06-02-2006, 08:18 AM
If that guy comes back, I seriously don't see how he makes it to the finals. The guy got boxed to death by a guy who didn't even have his hands up defending himself the entire time. They said the guy was good at BJJ, and it was obvious that his strikes were VERY BBJ. lol.

Poor Matt if he is off the show, Tito had him built up to win this thing.

TCS
06-02-2006, 08:48 AM
There could be a thousand reasons why matt, reacted the way he did. Im thinking from watching him at the end, and then after the fight it was a combination of being out of gas, and shock from the two rounds of a real fight. Training and a actual fight are totally different, as in how much of a toll it takes out. And boone could be right, he might have realized after competing at that level it wasnt something he wanted to do. Plus going off in the ambulance for observation, might indicate more of a injury that it looked like. In any case matt put on one hellova fight, he did better than most ever gave him credit for be capable of. and on that note Whoooooo lol

Kass101
06-02-2006, 09:45 AM
just got done watching the fight, didnt watch the rest of the show. but all i can say is they both suck. i could have beaten either of them and i have about 2 years of boxing training. i was watching some toughman event the other day and they had two chicks fighting and you know that turn your head and slap technique girls like to use. thats what mike nichols used. wow he was bad and the sad thing was he still could won that fight if he just looked at matt when he punched. the only good thing matt did was he used the upercut well when nichols had his head down. other then that he was out of shape and could get picked apart buy anyone standing because hes not explosive enough to get the takedown.

i read the stuff about after the fight with matt but i didnt see it so i cant comment on it but i wouldnt be supprised after the way he fought if he quits.

TCS you said matt did better then people gave him credit for? a lot of people were on his nuts saying he was winning it all. they guy couldnt even take down nichols and hes supposed to be a great wrestler. i was never on the matt bandwagon and i really cant say im supprised he just never seemed to have the intensity or ability to fight when punches are being thrown. he just seemed like a robot. you could tell once on the ground that he had solid wrestling but the before and after was horrible and it was the horrible that doesnt get better no matter how much he trains.

Anthony
06-02-2006, 10:07 AM
He never tried to take him down Kass. Actually Mike would run into him and Matt took him down accidently. Its possible that Thacker could be Mike N.

jimmyterrell
06-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Eh, the wrestler comments are uncalled for. He hurt his arm, which is why he decided to stand up with Nichols. He is apparently ONLY a wrestler, because his standup makes me think I should be on the show instead of him... By the way, I'm 140 pounds.

Kass101
06-02-2006, 10:19 AM
i know he didnt try to take him down, but he still showed no explosivness and he did shoot and got cought with a terrible knee.

at what point did he hurt is arm? i only watched the fight nothing else so i dont know about that. i dont recall seeing it get hurt during the fight.

jimmyterrell
06-02-2006, 10:23 AM
I guess he hurt it during training. That still does not excuse such pathetic boxing. He wasn't covering up at all! Not that he needed to all that much, Nichols wasn't responding with much. If he had a little gas and could have listened to Shamrock, he probably would have won the fight.

Kass101
06-02-2006, 10:29 AM
like i said in my first post. if he had any striking ability at all he would have KOed matt. really if he just kept his eyes open and looked at matt when he punched he would have won the fight. that the first time ive ever seen an mma fighter punch like the girls in the toughwoman contests.

Afro
06-02-2006, 06:50 PM
ok, people gotta get this when you're tired its not easy throwing a knee. i know it seems simple but try being exhausted in a fight and throwing an effective knee, specially when its apparent Nickels striking is not his forte
he tired himself out before the fight because he was told to throw a knee from the beginning and he didnt.

Afro
06-02-2006, 06:51 PM
just got done watching the fight, didnt watch the rest of the show. but all i can say is they both suck. i could have beaten either of them and i have about 2 years of boxing training. i was watching some toughman event the other day and they had two chicks fighting and you know that turn your head and slap technique girls like to use. thats what mike nichols used. wow he was bad and the sad thing was he still could won that fight if he just looked at matt when he punched. the only good thing matt did was he used the upercut well when nichols had his head down. other then that he was out of shape and could get picked apart buy anyone standing because hes not explosive enough to get the takedown.

i read the stuff about after the fight with matt but i didnt see it so i cant comment on it but i wouldnt be supprised after the way he fought if he quits.

TCS you said matt did better then people gave him credit for? a lot of people were on his nuts saying he was winning it all. they guy couldnt even take down nichols and hes supposed to be a great wrestler. i was never on the matt bandwagon and i really cant say im supprised he just never seemed to have the intensity or ability to fight when punches are being thrown. he just seemed like a robot. you could tell once on the ground that he had solid wrestling but the before and after was horrible and it was the horrible that doesnt get better no matter how much he trains.
He told Tito before the fight that he wasnt gonna take Nickels down and Tito said OK due to his shoulder.

TCS
06-02-2006, 09:45 PM
as far as what i said about him doing better than he got gredit for, think about it. Hes not a a standup fighter, but he still pressed nickhols. For someone who is a wrestler he held his own, now by no means am i saying he was throwing bombs like Forrest Griffin. But he was effective enough to win, his first really big fight. on a side note whooooooooooooooooo lol

Kemo
06-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Any way you cut it, Mike got tattooed. Maybe if Mike hadn't been fighting like a woman, Matt wouldn't have fought as sloppily as he did. Not that I'm taking up for anyone. I think TUF is the greatest reality show ever. Sure, there was the De La Hoya show with boxers, but that was pussy compared to TUF.

I don't care who wins it all, I just like watching everyone beat the shit out of each other.

jimmyterrell
06-02-2006, 10:09 PM
What is with the "whoooo" and why does it seem to be so funny? I haven't been watching the show, so maybe I missed the Rc Flair cameo...

Kemo
06-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Matt randomly yells "WOO!" at the house. Being deaf, I guess he doesn't realize how annoying it gets to other people. It was sort of like a subplot an episode or two back. Bisping was complaining the most, said it kept him awake at night.

jimmyterrell
06-02-2006, 10:16 PM
I see, I understand now. Makes me want to hear it...

arashikagepunishment
06-02-2006, 10:27 PM
i'm sure theres a soundbyte make the rounds on the net somewhere. heck if i had a cell phone i'd make matts whoo my ringtone. that would rock socks.

Matt Boone
06-02-2006, 11:30 PM
What was that dude yelling DSL for the whole fight to Nickels?

And is it just me, or is Michael Bisping (strictly physical appearance wise) a smaller British version of Mirko CroCop?

Kass101
06-02-2006, 11:32 PM
i was also wondering about the DSL. Dick Sucking Lips? i guess he could give him head he might of had a better chance of winning that way.

Matt Boone
06-02-2006, 11:36 PM
dick sucking lips = COMEDY

ahahahahahahahahahaahaahahh @ DSL

arashikagepunishment
06-02-2006, 11:36 PM
DSL, they was obviously plugging the internet connection. you know how it is sometimes they have to plug things so they do it in a creative way.

killerinstinct
06-03-2006, 12:12 AM
maybe its just me, but i feel nickel defeated himself before the fight even started. he just didn't seem confident to me. i think he was nerves about getting matt on the ground. i guess he also wasn't aware of matt injuring his arm, because injuries always become a target. also i figured nickel was going to figure out at least in the first round that matt was very reserved about going to the ground, so you would think that would be his game plan. this fight was really weak and i just wish is was like the danny fight and would of ended earlier. the thing that got me was the person who posted that doctored photo of bisping vs nickel, that image was in the back of my mind the whole fight. though i knew from the first minute in the fight that matt had this fight in the bag. though as we all know anything can happen. it was pretty clear that nickels only chance was with the knee and he used it once and it was a body shot.
yeah that photo made me believe he was going to catch him in a sub.i was kinda of waiting for it and took some of the fun out of the fight for me.

killerinstinct
06-03-2006, 12:17 AM
DSL, they was obviously plugging the internet connection. you know how it is sometimes they have to plug things so they do it in a creative way.
i like that assumption.they do do a lot of blatant plugging of products. i remember on tuf2 they were all like "you take your xyience? I love xyience" it was so obvious it was staged to plug xyience fucking whores for advertizement.it's like off waynes world when they're all plugging all those items while at the same time discoursing about how they're not going to sell out to the corporations.that's funny.

Alvin
06-03-2006, 12:51 AM
It's actually TSL for "throw some leather"........actually I've no idea I just couldn't think of anything for DSL.

Sorry to come in late on this, but the episode has just aired over here & yeah I thought Matt was a lot slower than I imagined he would be & gassed badly & Kens instructions of "high-kick" to an obviously exhausted Mike was hysterical.

Also, did anyone buy Mike Nicholls saying he wasn't taking the piss out of Matt being deaf when he was doing his impression?

If he was taking the piss because of the stuff Matt says & does, why the deaf-man voice??

TCS
06-03-2006, 02:50 AM
actually on a side note, being deaf myself. Well without my cochlar implant, I got to thinking maybe that could account for his lack of emotion after his fight. Maybe it was so much for him to process, thus maybe the lack of emotion. The physical stuff I guess we wont know till next week, when we see if he bails or stays. Just read up a post, so ill hit that too. Some ppl dont know how to relate to a totally deaf person, thus maybe his impression of the voice. Its a big culture difference between hearing and deaf, and actually is considered two seperate worlds. Whats exceptible in one, isnt understood in the other a lot of times. I think a lot boils down to just, misunderstandings about both cultures. So my guess is neither side, really knew how to relate to the other one and thus all the tension.

Matt Boone
06-03-2006, 04:08 AM
If you're going to do an impression of someone, you don't do it in your own voice. You do a full out impression. That's all that was. The thought briefly crossed my mind about him making fun of Hamill, but if it's true he was just impersonating his goofy personality and the things he says and was doing his Hamill immitation, the voice goes with it. If he makes any facial expressions that are notable, those would be in there too. That's why it's called an "immitation"

TSL explanation makes sense. DSL was not a plug that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why would someone frantically shout out DSL particularly to Mike the entire fight?

killerinstinct
06-03-2006, 04:22 AM
TSL explanation makes sense. DSL was not a plug that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why would someone frantically shout out DSL particularly to Mike the entire fight?
it was a joke we didn't actually think they were plugging anything and i though it was a very good impression I LMAO.

arashikagepunishment
06-03-2006, 04:34 AM
yeah i was just joking, as always. nickels impression was funny, i'm known to do a few myself from time to time. like you said if your going to make fun of someone you have to add a funny voice. i prefer this high type voice, it really helps to get over the impression.

jedibaker
06-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Next week will be interesting for sure. We will see if Matt was just being over dramatic about his injuries (like he did when he got rocked in training, you know, "get me a sandwich"), or, if he is really thinking about quiting at that time. I mean, he did say that he was training for the 2008 olympics and for next weeks promo didn't it seem like someone was coming on board? Everyone was standing around like they do when they announce someone is coming back when someone else leaves? What was that about? Any thoughts on this?

Afro
06-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Next week will be interesting for sure. We will see if Matt was just being over dramatic about his injuries (like he did when he got rocked in training, you know, "get me a sandwich"), or, if he is really thinking about quiting at that time. I mean, he did say that he was training for the 2008 olympics and for next weeks promo didn't it seem like someone was coming on board? Everyone was standing around like they do when they announce someone is coming back when someone else leaves? What was that about? Any thoughts on this?
my thoughts are its Matt comin back and there cheerin him, cuz they all know he got rocked pretty bad. If there is a new guy comin back there keepin it secret big time.

TCS
06-03-2006, 09:39 PM
well he might have yelling dsl, cus of the way the fight was going lol :P

TCS
06-03-2006, 09:42 PM
oh and i dont have issues with imitations, i do em myself quite a bit. Nothing wrong with having a little fun, I was just trying to kinda get to the heart of the whole tension thing tween the two lol

jedibaker
06-04-2006, 10:23 AM
my thoughts are its Matt comin back and there cheerin him, cuz they all know he got rocked pretty bad. If there is a new guy comin back there keepin it secret big time.

Good point. I really hope he does come back. Also, I had read through a thread on ufc.tv that Ortiz was out for the next ppv, and forest griffin was taking his place, yet they are still billing it as ortiz v. shamrock. I know I should of posted this somewhere else maybe, but it was just a quick thought. Is Ortiz fighting or is it Griffin? Anyone know?

Kass101
06-04-2006, 10:26 AM
its ortiz shamrock. there were a few moments after the forrest fight were this fight was in jepordy. but ortiz is not that badly hurt and he will be fine for the fight.

Afro
06-04-2006, 06:46 PM
man let that tito-shamrock fight come and go, I want it over with.. I hate seein ortiz win =/