PDA

View Full Version : Question for JJ practitioners

lovebuzzkurt
02-06-2008, 11:47 PM
How many if ANY of these moves would be effective in either JJ comps, or mma?
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1749038&fullscreen=1" width="480" height="360" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" quality="best" value="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1749038&fullscreen=1" /></object>

ufobydeath
02-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Ah the flashy jiu-jitsu :grinsmile1:
I would probably try to chokeslam someone before trying these moves; they're like pro-wrestling moves to be honest and I can't see them working if your opponent isn't a complete dunce.

ScottS
02-07-2008, 03:25 AM
I knew this was going to be quantum jj before even opening the thread.
And considering one of those was a double leg takedown, I'd say at least one is applicable. I've seen some crazy shit work. Just depends on the opponent and how well you know it.

Frasedog
02-07-2008, 08:14 PM
That cartwheel takedown into a knee bar was sick! Seriously though, some of his takedowns to armbar would work well but all of that jumping over the arm stuff he did would not be very effective imo. Ask any BJJ instructor and they will tell you that it's the simple things that work the best.

Noob
02-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Meh. If you were fighting a one-armed midget with a learning disability who also happened to be blind folded, and you caught him completely by surprise. In that situation, yes, some of that would work.

Other than that, stick to your double and single legs, chokes and armbars. They're classics for a reason, because they work.

Ramma
02-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Meh. If you were fighting a one-armed midget with a learning disability who also happened to be blind folded, and you caught him completely by surprise. In that situation, yes, some of that would work.

Other than that, stick to your double and single legs, chokes and armbars. They're classics for a reason, because they work.

Noob > This Video

peno
02-08-2008, 01:23 AM
You know the dude in that video probably thinks he's unbeatable.

ufobydeath
02-08-2008, 02:45 AM
You know the dude in that video probably thinks he's unbeatable.

That's why he doesn't fight in MMA ;)