PDA

View Full Version : Mike Burnett

alahyousious
09-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Anyone think that Randy Couture will take Mikey under his wing and help him with his comeback? I think Burnett will do good training full time with Randy Couture.

warrior06
09-15-2006, 01:57 AM
No, I don't think Randy will take him under his wing.

Mikey seemed too wishy washy when Randy spoke to him after the fight.

But anything could happen, the camera may not have caught everything.

Fedors Daddy
09-15-2006, 03:24 AM
mikey burnett is signing with pride and he is fighting on the las vegas card against some can named wanderlei silva:ahh: :ahh:

kronous76
09-15-2006, 05:19 AM
I kinda felt bad for mikey...with the battles he had outside the ufc and he used to have some heavy hands....it would be cool to see him pull it all together and win some fights

TN94z
09-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Yeah he looked pretty dangerous back in the day. He just really needs to work on his ground work and submission defense. He did seem very wishy washy....

AudieMurphy1
09-15-2006, 09:30 AM
the dude has been through alot of tough shit, of coarse he's going to seem a little wishy washy, he really needs someone and i hope couture does good and helps him get it back together and get him some confidence, not just in the ring but in life without support from somewhere burnett could wind up going back to the things that took him away from the sport in the first place, and i think its important for people within this sport to recognize situations like burnetts and provide them with some support, let them know that they are apart of a family and have somewhere to turn.

by the way, i missed an episode, was edwin the one kicked off and why?

TN94z
09-15-2006, 09:47 AM
I meant wishy washy on whether or not he would continue. I think he will be back. At the end when Dana told him not to give up it seemed like it perked him up a bit. Jeremy Jackson got kicked off for leaving the house and going to meet a girl.

AudieMurphy1
09-15-2006, 09:59 AM
I meant wishy washy on whether or not he would continue. I think he will be back. At the end when Dana told him not to give up it seemed like it perked him up a bit. Jeremy Jackson got kicked off for leaving the house and going to meet a girl.

aahhh, what happened to ed? i didnt see him at all in last nights episode, ya i understood what you ment by wishy washy , i just feel like burnet is at a cross roads in his life and i think its important for the mma community to show him some support regardless of his discision

ArMnHC
09-15-2006, 11:01 AM
yes a disappointing performance by Mikey, but he hasn't fought in years. if he were to train with Randy, he could get it together! i hope the best for him, and hopefully he'll be in pure game shape come the finale in november.

LethalStriker
09-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Mikey lives in Oklahoma, not sure if he is committed to fighting enough to pack up everything and move to Vegas to train with Randy. Especially when Mikey has bad neck/back injuries to worry about.

TN94z
09-15-2006, 11:34 AM
It showed Edwin. He came up and congratulated Thomas on his victory. Last night they were mainly just focusing on the people that were confronting Shonie. I agree that if he got some support from the UFC and starting training again, Burnett could be very good. He has quick and heavy hands and that makes for a deadly combo.

BigBanda
09-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Yeah it was disapointing to see the performance by Mikey after seeing how much of a force to be reckoned with he was back in the day being a part of the Lions Den. That 7 years of not competeing really took a toll. I hope he can regain his confidence and start training hard to make a good comeback cause I really think he's got plenty left in him.

duran
09-15-2006, 02:10 PM
In the short training clips on the show when he was hitting the pads, Burnett looked really good with his hands, really fast. He came off as a likeable guy on the show and I thought it was cool also that Dana gave him words of encouragement. Yeah, it did seem to perk him up. That said, the UFC is a business and people would pay to see Mikey Burnett fight after hearing his story on the show. I think Dana sees that and hopefully will put him on a card in the near future. After Burnett saw himself on TV last night, you gotta think that he would not want to go out like that - without hardly even landing a punch on Thomas.

I think we will see him on a show and he will be cheered because everyone loves the underdog and a good comeback story.