PDA

View Full Version : 1 week ban on Randy

thebwit
02-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Can we please have a 1 week ban on all randy couture news and what not? Or if not, I know you have to have the language filter installed - why not change any instance of the word Randy or Couture with "I don't care about honoring my contract"

And yes I am serious about this. I think we all can agree we are tired of Randy Couture news. Now of course the only exception would be if Randy says "Yes I will fight Big Nog".

Gmunit
02-07-2008, 06:18 PM
why include your opinion in an attempt to stop conversation about a certain topic??

jesusatemyhotdog
02-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I think that we should permanently ban the term nuthugger. I hated that shit way back when I was on Sherdog. It has started to spread like a disease here.

If not banned, can we at least censor it?

Or not.

That's cool too.

thebwit
02-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I think that we should permanently ban the term nuthugger. I hated that shit way back when I was on Sherdog. It has started to spread like a disease here.

If not banned, can we at least censor it?

Or not.

That's cool too.

Unless we are referring to the jesusatemyhotdog nutthuggers I can agree with you :) I recently used that term only because I couldn't think of a better word to use while pissed off about either the AA thing or the Randy thing that I went off on a rant about the other day. But yeah I can see getting rid of the term too

Gmunit
02-07-2008, 08:23 PM
the term "nuthugger" is used so often it has lost its meaning

btw, i do agree that a lot of subjects are re-visited over and over and over again, but thats gonna happen when you have users that come here less frequently than yourself, myself etc. and want to have their opinions heard as well, banning certain topics is impossible (plus, my banned topics list would probably differ from yours)

All we can do is merge as many threads as possible but even then we get backlash because "my thread had a different spin"

Jza
02-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Why not just have an official "Randy" thread - err maybe add the Couture bit in as well i suppose

2mcgrath
02-07-2008, 08:51 PM
im sick of seeing them as well,but i think a week ban is alittle harsh though,ive got to where i dont really look at them that much anymore,to avoid them

Gmunit
02-07-2008, 08:52 PM
im sick of seeing them as well,but i think a week ban is alittle harsh though,ive got to where i dont really look at them that much anymore,to avoid them

everyone still gets dragged in though, LOL

Clint
02-07-2008, 09:21 PM
lol it's that weird spot where everyone is sick of it but everyone still discusses it.

Ramma
02-07-2008, 09:34 PM
I am kind of tired of Randy news too.. but guys..

This is MMA News... if someone wants to post a Randy article, they can. If you are tired of it, don't open it. If you don't want to read about Randy Couture, then don't open a Randy thread. I mean, no offense, but it is that simple.

valheruking
02-07-2008, 09:38 PM

This is MMA News... if someone wants to post a Randy article, they can. If you are tired of it, don't open it. If you don't want to read about Randy Couture, then don't open a Randy thread. I mean, no offense, but it is that simple.
Yep, pretty much.

thebwit
02-07-2008, 09:59 PM

Right I get that, and that's what I do for the most part, but its like every news organization out there is writing the same thing. Out side of "Randy Couture's wife makes debut" which article that was posted has nothing to do with the following 4 things:

1. Randy resigning from the UFC
2. Randy only wanting to fight Fedor
3. UFC is going to hold Randy to his contract
4. UFC is preventing/banning/etc Randy from doing _______

I agree that there should just be 1 Randy thread that we have until the news comes out that he will in fact fight Big Nog or some how gets out of his contract. Nothing new has come out in the last month that we didn't already know.

rivethead
02-08-2008, 01:01 AM
lol it's that weird spot where everyone is sick of it but everyone still discusses it.

I'm guilty as charged...sometimes it's somehow interesting again, sometimes I'm bored, I dunno.

But I like the censor-free feel the site currently has, and wouldn't want to lose that.

rh

Palma
02-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Right I get that, and that's what I do for the most part, but its like every news organization out there is writing the same thing. Out side of "Randy Couture's wife makes debut" which article that was posted has nothing to do with the following 4 things:

1. Randy resigning from the UFC
2. Randy only wanting to fight Fedor
3. UFC is going to hold Randy to his contract
4. UFC is preventing/banning/etc Randy from doing _______

I agree that there should just be 1 Randy thread that we have until the news comes out that he will in fact fight Big Nog or some how gets out of his contract. Nothing new has come out in the last month that we didn't already know.

Jesus Christ dude... what part of MMAnews forum don't you get? Of course there is allot of content about Randy... He is the single most influnential fighter in MMA in North America. There is allot going on with him and it needs to be covered regardless if you want to read it or discuss it.

If you don't want to read then don't open the thread... it really is that simple. Thanks for a completely usesless and narrow minded thread.

pa99fighter
02-08-2008, 04:45 AM
Jesus Christ dude... what part of MMAnews forum don't you get? Of course there is allot of content about Randy... He is the single most influnential fighter in MMA in North America. There is allot going on with him and it needs to be covered regardless if you want to read it or discuss it.

If you don't want to read then don't open the thread... it really is that simple. Thanks for a completely usesless and narrow minded thread.

owned

Submissionist
02-09-2008, 02:18 AM
owned

Response from a 12 year old.

jesusatemyhotdog
02-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Response from a 12 year old.

Fuck you man.

He's 13.

neonatural45
02-09-2008, 04:26 AM
I was under the impression that this was a randy/fedor forum with a sub-section for mma, no?

valheruking
02-09-2008, 12:53 PM
I agree that there should just be 1 Randy thread that we have until the news comes out that he will in fact fight Big Nog or some how gets out of his contract.
Yes, because that would make all of this easier to follow :huh: