PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Lebanner on Tim Sylvia "I will fix his chicken legs with some good low kicks."

FE_EatsChildren
02-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Jerome Le Banner is a K-1 legend known for his aggressive fighting style and knockout power. Le Banner recently lost to Semmy Schilt at the K-1 World GP 2007 Final. Our exclusive content partners from Brazil, Tim Sylvia, fighting out of France, and his plans for the future.
Planet Tatami: Le Banner,you are considered the king without a crown in the K-1; one of the best athletes in the history of the organization without a World Grand Prix win. With Schilt dominating 3 consecutive years in K-1
how do you see your real chances to win a World Grand Prix at this point in your career?

Le Banner: I'm not a tournament fighter. Obviously I hope I could win a GP one day, but I don't know... I have so much bad luck with all the GP's!

Planet Tatami: Which K-1 fighters do you think can beat Schilt? And, in your
opinion, what's the right strategy to defeat him?

Le Banner: I can beat Schilt! I showed the way to beat him in the first round of our last fight. I'm gonna fight Schilt for the K1 super heavyweight
title, hopefully it will take place in Amsterdam.

Planet Tatami: You've had some MMA experience. Do you think about following other K-1 fighters like Mirko Cro Cop and Mark Hunt into MMA?

Le Banner: I will not turn MMA at 100% now, maybe later...I don't now. What
I'm sure of though...I want to fight MMA again. I want to fight in the UFC's
cage one day, just for the challenge!

Planet Tatami: A MMA fight has been rumored by the fans and that fight would be you against the former UFC champion Tim Sylvia. There are some videos in
the Internet and some statement in your interviews that you challenge Tim to a fight in his own territory, the octagon.How did this rivalry begin and how would you do in this fight?

Le Banner: Yeah, I wanna fight him badly. I want to show US fans what an
exciting fighter is, what a fighter who will give them something for their
money looks like. It's obviously something that this fake champion doesn't know how to do. I will teach him with a four ounce leather glove right in the face. Or maybe I will fix his chicken legs with some good low kicks, I don't know yet. I was contacted by FEG [to make the fight] but they told me that they will not be able to pay me what K-1 was paying me. Also, it was obvious after the big sausage got the crown, that I couldn't face him for one fight and then be in K-1 again. K-1 will allow me to fight in UFC cage but I would still be a K-1 fighter so it would be a 1 shot deal; and...[the UFC) don't like the one shot deals (laughs).

Planet Tatami: What do you think about Semmy Schilt's comeback to MMA?
Le Banner: That's great for him, he is very talented both in kick boxing and MMA. I wish him the best success...in MMA only (laughs)!

Planet Tatami: Some time ago you were rumored to be one of the coaches in IFL with your own team. Is there any possibility of this?

Le Banner: I don't know. The IFL kinda cut off the bridges without any reason. We have no more news. I would love to coach the french team, I was supposed to, now its up to IFL.

Planet Tatami: The MMA is prohibited in France. How does this effect the growth of new talent coming out of France in K-1 and MMA?

Le Banner: It's really difficult to become a real pro fighter here in France. We have weird laws. The CSA doesn't even allow the French channel to air Muay Thai with knees and elbows or even K-1. Thats crazy! Hopefully it
will change soon. I think that the French mentality just dislikes the
fights and fighters.

Planet Tatami: Thank you for your time Jerome. Do you have any messages for your sponsors or fans?

Le Banner: I would like to thanks all the fans! So many fighters do not understand that you indirectly feed them! I know that, thats why I will die for my Japanese fans. They are very respectful and also they don't throw you in the garbage if you lose, they respect the fighting spirit more than anything.
I would also like to thanks my sponsors: Bad Boy, Fairtex, Bigpoint.com, Affliction and Serious Pimp. I have US sponsors, US fans, now I need US fights! I want to fight in the Las Vegas K-1 show this year.

Please click here to head over to Planet Tatami for the very latest breaking news in the world of MMA and combat sports.

well the fight might actually happen since tim lost the ufc belt.. your guy's thoughts?

jlruthven84
02-08-2008, 03:39 AM
In a standup war, Le Banner would murder Sylvia. I don't think Tim's jab is enough to keep him away.

foundstarr
02-08-2008, 04:36 AM
Schilt owns a Le Banner voodoo doll, he will never lose to him.

Tim would have to learn the art of the takedown to EVER win against him.

Intellectual
02-08-2008, 04:38 AM
Le Banner via Injury

Tim wont be walking for a while. Only way he would win would be to take him down and try to pound him out or L&P to a victory.

Ramma
02-08-2008, 04:45 AM
Good post and find.. I am on the fence on whether or not this should go in the Kickboxing forum.. so I will just move it later after everyone has seen it.

Jerome would beat Sylvia into retirement..

Learn Jiu-Jitsu Timmy, it is your only chance.

FE_EatsChildren
02-08-2008, 04:48 AM
Good post and find.. I am on the fence on whether or not this should go in the Kickboxing forum.. so I will just move it later after everyone has seen it.

Jerome would beat Sylvia into retirement..

Learn Jiu-Jitsu Timmy, it is your only chance.

my bad buddy.

ArMnHC
02-08-2008, 04:50 AM
if Lebanner wants a ticket to the UFC, this shit talking is his first step LOL

you know he's in a movie coming out soon starring Vin Diesel...i forget what its called, but Jerome is definitely in it haha

Ramma
02-08-2008, 05:04 AM
my bad buddy.

No apology necessary.. I am not even sure where it really belongs

Ubermensch
02-08-2008, 05:32 AM
JLB woudl be a great add too bad he would only want to fight one fight... Love to see him fight Kongo and see exactly where Kongos is at.

leedogg900
02-08-2008, 05:48 AM
nevermind that made no sense.

Gurry
02-08-2008, 05:52 AM
le banner seems more and more cool to me everyday, every ineterview i read he seems like a real badass LOL

Raiders18
02-08-2008, 05:52 AM
I would like to see JLB in the UFC. Have him face Tim, Kongo and maybe Mirko to see if he can avenge that kickboxing loss.

Mirko45
02-08-2008, 06:05 AM
If it stays standing, JLB fucking mauls Timmah

FE_EatsChildren
02-08-2008, 06:26 AM
i seriously think if JLB could keep the fight standing against any of the ufc HWs then i don't think i would ever bet against him.

Kansas
02-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Leave the thread alone. It would fit into both threads. It is focusing on UFC future possibilities and Timmers. It is totally appropriate.

baba
02-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Jerome talks shit about Tim about every 4 months ... you can almost set your clock to it. It keeps him in the public(mma) conscience being that he just can't seal the deal in K1. Not yet anyway.

I think he'd beat Tim soundly. I do not think he'd beat Mirko or Cheick. He'd be an exciting, but very one-dimensional addition to the division.

bobcat
02-08-2008, 02:14 PM
I think Jerome would easily beat Kongo, as stated before Kongo is only a mid level K1 striker at best and has no ground game - Jerome is an elite level striker in any org.

Monsterman
02-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Le Banner could be the most dangerous striker in all mma b/c his main weapon is boxing, he would have sick ko power with 4 oz gloves. And he probably has at least better groundgame than Kongo already.

valheruking
02-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Jerome would maul Kongo and Sylvia on the feet, he's one of the best strikers around at hw, has been for a long time.

jlruthven84
02-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Jerome talks shit about Tim about every 4 months ... you can almost set your clock to it. It keeps him in the public(mma) conscience being that he just can't seal the deal in K1. Not yet anyway.

I think he'd beat Tim soundly. I do not think he'd beat Mirko or Cheick. He'd be an exciting, but very one-dimensional addition to the division.

Agreed.

Furthermore, seeing as how Mark Hunt is now going to spend his time pretending to beat up guys dressed in costumes that look like a rainbow bukkaked all over them, Le Banner might be the next best thing.

The fans would really dig his style, especially if he can learn some takedown D.

valheruking
02-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Agreed.

Furthermore, seeing as how Mark Hunt is now going to spend his time pretending to beat up guys dressed in costumes that look like a rainbow bukkaked all over them, Le Banner might be the next best thing.

The fans would really dig his style, especially if he can learn some takedown D.
Jerome beat Hunt 3 out of the 4 times they fought, he may not have Hunts chin but his striking is even better.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9281/lebannerhuntly2xy2.gif

^^If you can do that to Hunt you can lay Timmy out on his ass.

Ramma
02-08-2008, 07:01 PM

Actually, while I think he would plow through Kongo, I think he would give Mirko a much better fight than he did the last time. If anything, because JLB has been training for K-1 for the last X amount of years, and Cro Cop has not. Even Remy said, Cro Cop has lost a lot of his kickboxing skills since joining MMA (and he would know, having sparred and fought with Cro Cop)

Cro Cop would eat him in MMA because he could actually take him down and pound him out. A K-1 Rematch would be a lot closer.

Jerome beat Hunt 3 out of the 4 times they fought, he may not have Hunts chin but his striking is even better.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9281/lebannerhuntly2xy2.gif

^^If you can do that to Hunt you can lay Timmy out on his ass.

Funny thing is, is that Hunt has been really rocked by 2 guys, Cro Cop and LeBanner.. and both times Hunt was leaning INTO the kick when he got cracked lol.. Hunt's head must have came from Chuck Norris or something.

AJL416AZ
02-08-2008, 07:07 PM
lol at people who think Kongo would beat Jerome Le Banner

i dont even think Kongo could beat Hardonk, let alone fuckin' Le Banner.

valheruking
02-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Funny thing is, is that Hunt has been really rocked by 2 guys, Cro Cop and LeBanner.. and both times Hunt was leaning INTO the kick when he got cracked lol.. Hunt's head must have came from Chuck Norris or something.
Tsuyoshi Nakasako knocked him down too.

jesusatemyhotdog
02-08-2008, 07:59 PM
If JLB really wants to fight Sylvia in an MMA bout, he would have to really work on his grappling. Tim would shoot on him and use wither LNP or perhaps he could lock a Kimura or something.

If the fight were to happen tonight, I would bet the house on Tim.

scottsec
02-08-2008, 11:29 PM
If JLB really wants to fight Sylvia in an MMA bout, he would have to really work on his grappling. Tim would shoot on him and use wither LNP or perhaps he could lock a Kimura or something.

If the fight were to happen tonight, I would bet the house on Tim.

Thank you...everytime Tim is mentioned its always about how this guy or that guy would fucking destroy him....last time i looked the Stainiac hasnt been destroyed by anyone....like him or not hes no joke...

azur_dog
02-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Tim's not stupid. he maybe a douche but hes not stupid. He would realize his normal stand and stall wouldnt work with a world class kickboxer. He would have to take it to the ground. Plus Im not so sure that you dont have to be closer to tim's height to knock him out. (via head kick) I would like to see the match but IMO if you dont have Sub skills you wont be tim unless your <6'6'' in mma.

Problematique
02-09-2008, 11:14 AM
I want to see him beat the shit out of sylvia...against an all stand up fighter? Tim rly has no chance less he becomes good with quick takedowns and has jiu-jitsu (HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA....AHAHA) lol

FFFRpickup
02-09-2008, 06:32 PM
In a standup war, Le Banner would murder Sylvia. I don't think Tim's jab is enough to keep him away.

Never count out tim silvia in a stand up war....the "rodney dangerfield" of MMA is dangerous when you choose to stand with him...low kicks or not..imagine Tim with "no fear' of a takedown.....he can knock out lebanner....either one can win this fight...you just can't say lebaner will kill him. love him or hate him (most hate him) Tim silvia always stands a chance in a stand up war.

Ramma
02-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Never count out tim silvia in a stand up war....the "rodney dangerfield" of MMA is dangerous when you choose to stand with him...low kicks or not..imagine Tim with "no fear' of a takedown.....he can knock out lebanner....either one can win this fight...you just can't say lebaner will kill him. love him or hate him (most hate him) Tim silvia always stands a chance in a stand up war.

A stand up war as an MMA fight is much different than a stand up war vs. a kickboxer or boxer...

LeBanner's Skill (in everyway) > Tim Sylvia's.

Who knows if that would be the case of Tim Sylvia trained strictly striking and fought in K-1... but Tim does not have that level of skill in his MMA career.