PDA

View Full Version : Vitor Belfort vs. Renato"Babalu"Sobral

killerinstinct
09-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Who would win if these two both squared off?I think Vitor came in there ready to fight he might be able to stun Babalu early and get a (T)KO vitcory.What do you guys think?

Afro
09-16-2006, 06:31 PM
I Think Belfort is garbage, hes one of them speed fighters like Baroni.. sloppy combinations but he exploits the lack of defense in the UFC, if he catches you he will end up with a TKO cuz hes so fast, but his standup is overrated. Babalu by submission in the 1st round.

kronous76
09-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Babalu will face the same fate he got against the iceman...i think if the old vitor comes back we will see a machine...but if he comes in looking like the recent vitor, babalu will get a sub

Punk Ass
09-16-2006, 06:56 PM
I Think Belfort is garbage, hes one of them speed fighters like Baroni.. sloppy combinations but he exploits the lack of defense in the UFC, if he catches you he will end up with a TKO cuz hes so fast, but his standup is overrated. Babalu by submission in the 1st round.

I dont think so. Vitor is a black belt in JuJitsu so I don't think he will be subed if he comes out there prepared. And IMO Babalu really can't bang with Vitor, he's an excelent striker if he has his game face on. I say Vitor will win in much of the same fashion as Chuck did if he come out agressive.

Afro
09-16-2006, 07:04 PM
I dont think so. Vitor is a black belt in JuJitsu so I don't think he will be subed if he comes out there prepared. And IMO Babalu really can't bang with Vitor, he's an excelent striker if he has his game face on. I say Vitor will win in much of the same fashion as Chuck did if he come out agressive.
Vitor has a BJJ game but his submission game is not better then Babalu's nor does Vitor have good takedown D, Babalu has good takedowns I think if Babalu comes out and goes for the takedown early he can get it and the submission

Shoguns stand up game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vitors and what costed Shogun the match vs Babalu was lack of Takedown D.

icemanct
09-16-2006, 07:06 PM
belfort wont get tapped out he is a black belt in jj.belfort has devestating punches.but like afro samurai said belforts defense sucks.babalu by unanimous decision in a boring fight,vitor could catch babalu but vitor looks for that one big punch and he has never been able to land it.babalu by unanimous decision.

killerinstinct
09-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Vitor has a BJJ game but his submission game is not better then Babalu's nor does Vitor have good takedown D, Babalu has good takedowns I think if Babalu comes out and goes for the takedown early he can get it and the submission

Shoguns stand up game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vitors and what costed Shogun the match vs Babalu was lack of Takedown D.
Yeah ,but Vitor is faster than Shogun though.I think if Vitor comes in ready to fight he could catch Babalu early and than just overwelm him with his speed and get the first round (T)KO.

icemanct
09-16-2006, 07:08 PM
if vitor loses the first round he is done.he gives up if he loses the first round.and usually he dosent come in good shape and gasses

Punk Ass
09-16-2006, 07:16 PM

Well all I know is Vitor has a punchers chance. It's more of a dagerous fight for Babalu than it is for Vitor because at any time Vitor can land that one punch and Good night. Shogun is great i'll admit and he was subed, but IMO I think Vitor is eventually going to land that momentum swinging punch. And Vitor will last long enough on the ground for the refs to stand them up each time until he lands that punch. All of this of course is if we see a focused Vitor of old.

Afro
09-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah ,but Vitor is faster than Shogun though.I think if Vitor comes in ready to fight he could catch Babalu early and than just overwelm him with his speed and get the first round (T)KO.
speed dont matter, Shoguns standup is HEAD AND HEELS over Vitors its not even comparable

Vitor is basically all speed, his boxing is not that good even though he has an amatuer record he basically overwhelms you with speed and strength, it isnt great from a techincal standpoint.

As for Babalu not submitting Belfort dont hold your breath on that, Overeem submitted Belfort and Babalus submissions are 10 x better then Overeems and even Belforts just look at the guys Belfort has submitted.. Southworth and Joe Charles nuff said.

Punk Ass
09-16-2006, 07:26 PM
speed dont matter, Shoguns standup is HEAD AND HEELS over Vitors its not even comparable

Vitor is basically all speed, his boxing is not that good even though he has an amatuer record he basically overwhelms you with speed and strength, it isnt great from a techincal standpoint.

As for Babalu not submitting Belfort dont hold your breath on that, Overeem submitted Belfort and Babalus submissions are 10 x better then Overeems and even Belforts just look at the guys Belfort has submitted.. Southworth and Joe Charles nuff said.

IMO Overeem got a little lucky on that one. The next fight went to the decision. Vitor would rather strike than use his ground skills. That was probably a mistake when he fought Overeem, he should took him to the ground, but Vitors intelligence is not the issue right now. I still say speed kills, and he has the ability to land a quick devastating punch especially if Babalu comes out there using the same windmill technique he used against Chuck.

Afro
09-16-2006, 07:30 PM
IMO Overeem got a little lucky on that one. The next fight went to the decision. Vitor would rather strike than use his ground skills. That was probably a mistake when he fought Overeem, he should took him to the ground, but Vitors intelligence is not the issue right now. I still say speed kills, and he has the ability to land a quick devastating punch especially if Babalu comes out there using the same windmill technique he used against Chuck.
ya I agree with that Belfort is explosive and if he catches u hes gonna keep hittin ya, but I think if Babalu plays it smart he gets the takedown, and he can submit Belfort.

As for Overeem, that guys a hot and cold fighter but his standup is very good he was dominating Chuck until Chuck finished him off, givin him a world of trouble cuz he was hittin him from weird angles.

matto
09-17-2006, 12:13 AM
very very hard to call, could go eaither way. eaither bablu by submission or belfort by tko with his lightening fast punches.

liddell316
09-17-2006, 05:33 PM
It'd really depend on the type of Belfort that showed up.