PDA

View Full Version : tito vs. rampage

icemanct
09-16-2006, 12:20 PM
who wins?

Punk Ass
09-16-2006, 12:30 PM
The Rampage of a few years ago would have killed Tito. Now I have no idea, but I would probably take Tito in a boring GNP match to a decision.

Afro
09-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Rampage now and then

Tito is simply a wrestler that knows how to pass guard and punch you, hes good in the clinch too but every other aspect of his game is average to fair.

Rampage is complete, hes fought, and beaten better fighters then Tito has. Hes very good from a technical stand-point but who in Pride isnt right? His standup isnt bad at all its actually pretty solid where-as Titos is horrible, he can defend as well. Wrestling... Rampage > Tito all day hes in much better physical shape, hes stronger, techincally better. Rampage would walk thru Tito if you ask me.

Arona beat Tito in an Abu-Dhabi match, Arona's takedowns and standup is much much better then Tito's and hes the greatest technical fighter in the LHW division right now, and what happened in Rampage vs Arona?

Arona gets a standing guard, goes to the ground, fights real well off his back, hes defending well on the ground, few mins later Rampage gets his arm around his legs and the fight was over 2 seconds later.

THEN Look at the Law vs Rampage fight, The Law is an olympian wrestler and Rampage won that fight, I know a lot of people say it could of went the Laws way and it probably could of but it could of went Rampages way as well and it did.. thats just another showcase of his skills. He just needs to get back into his A-Game hes like BJ Penn, there both great fighters but they have there B-games and there A-games.. Quinton Jacksons A-Game puts him in the Top 3 in the LHW division if you ask me, behind Shogun and Wandy.

Punk Ass
09-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Rampage now and then

Tito is simply a wrestler that knows how to pass guard and punch you, hes good in the clinch too but every other aspect of his game is average to fair.

Rampage is complete, hes fought, and beaten better fighters then Tito has. Hes very good from a technical stand-point but who in Pride isnt right? His standup isnt bad at all its actually pretty solid where-as Titos is horrible, he can defend as well. Wrestling... Rampage > Tito all day hes in much better physical shape, hes stronger, techincally better. Rampage would walk thru Tito if you ask me.

Arona beat Tito in an Abu-Dhabi match, Arona's takedowns and standup is much much better then Tito's and hes the greatest technical fighter in the LHW division right now, and what happened in Rampage vs Arona?

Arona gets a standing guard, goes to the ground, fights real well off his back, hes defending well on the ground, few mins later Rampage gets his arm around his legs and the fight was over 2 seconds later.

THEN Look at the Law vs Rampage fight, The Law is an olympian wrestler and Rampage won that fight, I know a lot of people say it could of went the Laws way and it probably could of but it could of went Rampages way as well and it did.. thats just another showcase of his skills. He just needs to get back into his A-Game hes like BJ Penn, there both great fighters but they have there B-games and there A-games.. Quinton Jacksons A-Game puts him in the Top 3 in the LHW division if you ask me, behind Shogun and Wandy.

Good point I agree

killerinstinct
09-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Rampage is the better striker and the better wrestler.The only thing Tito has on him is conditioing ,but even than I think Rampge should be able to win this fight.

matto
09-16-2006, 05:11 PM
rampage would waste tito, one of the best wrestlers who also has excellent striking and he has been more successful then tito in my opinion. he beat arona, randallman and lilinland or however u spell it, who r better wrestlers then rampage is, he is one of the best wrestlers at 205 in mma, but i wouldnt go as far as saying that he is a better wrestler then tito is. but his striking and good takedown defence would stop tito from being able to take him down and he would ko. tito's standup is horrible. his fight with chuck is was horrible even consitering that he was facing chuck, couture threw some nice strikes aginst chuck even though he lost, and u all saw the forrest fight. tito is almost(not exactly) just a wrestler in mma who provides boring lay and pray fights. but he isnt even the best wrestler at 205 pounds. couture,randallman,arona,lilinland,van arsedales and the list goes on. and guys like randallman and couture who r excellent wrestlers and use that to win most of their fights actually have pritty good standup. tito in my opinion is very overrated, he is just a wrestler, but not even the best wrestler at 205 at that.

liddell316
09-16-2006, 08:16 PM
I'd say Tito because I haven't been impressed with Jackson since the Liddell fight, but it could go either way.

I was never much of a Tito fan until I saw how hard he trained for every fight and how bad he wants every win. I don't know if Rampage has the same dedication as Tito, but I doubt that'd be a factor until the later rounds.

Both are good, I'd love to see this.

Raiders18
09-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Rampage

Afro
09-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Tito MIGHT BE a Top 5 Wrestler in MMA, MIGHT

I would take Rampage, Arona, Lindland, Randlemans(debatable I know), and then maybe Titos

matto
09-17-2006, 03:32 AM
rampage the best wrestler in mma?
he is a good wrestler but that is a huge overstatement, there r a lot of better wrestlers.:lmfao:

killerinstinct
09-17-2006, 03:00 PM
rampage the best wrestler in mma?
he is a good wrestler but that is a huge overstatement, there r a lot of better wrestlers.:lmfao:
I agree Rampage is a better wrestler than Tito ,but he's in not in the top 5 in wrestling.

kaisq11
09-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Rampage By TKO

Mac
09-18-2006, 05:42 PM
The fight is a draw, but they give it to Tito for out shit-talking his opponent.

Afro
09-18-2006, 05:52 PM
I agree Rampage is a better wrestler than Tito ,but he's in no in the top 5 in wrestling.
well help me out then cuz I cant think of 5

icemanct
09-18-2006, 06:17 PM
rampage is in the top 5 no doubt

j.farrell
09-18-2006, 07:01 PM
dont they train together??

j.farrell
09-18-2006, 07:01 PM
i met quinton in vegas he is short

killerinstinct
09-18-2006, 07:15 PM
well help me out then cuz I cant think of 5
Matt Lindlind,Mark Coleman,Matt Hughes,Yamamoto,Brock Lesnar among other's are better pound for pound wrestlers.

icemanct
09-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Matt Lindlind,Mark Coleman,Matt Hughes,Yamamoto,Brock Lesnar among other's are better pound for pound wrestlers.at 205 stupid:speechless:

icemanct
09-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Matt Lindlind,Mark Coleman,Matt Hughes,Yamamoto,Brock Lesnar among other's are better pound for pound wrestlers.try again,and dont mention randy mention guys who are still fighting

Afro
09-18-2006, 08:26 PM
time out how did this all start?

No one said Rampage was the best wrestler in MMA Lol this convo was random

killerinstinct
09-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Tito MIGHT BE a Top 5 Wrestler in MMA, MIGHT

at 205 stupid:speechless:
He said top 5 in mma.He said nothing about at 205.

AJL416AZ
09-19-2006, 01:04 AM
it depends.

there are LHW fighters with more wrestling credentials then him

kevin randleman and mike van arsdale both have more credentials, NCAA champions
chuck liddell wrestled at cal poly, which is d1. thats a hell of a lot better then not starting in junior college like tito
and rampage is a beast with takedowns.

but tito still makes top 5 at LHW

but there is no way in hell that he is a top 5 wrestler in MMA overall

Livebyit_Fightbyit
09-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Rampage would Come in as his old self for this fight. Tito's got a mouthpiece that awakens the beast in alot of people so I think it would be a good fight. Rampage would take it in two by Slam or KO

Nas
09-26-2006, 12:53 PM
i would say rampage cuz he's one of my fav fighter in pride but then again rampage hasen't been the same, he doesn't slam ppl anymore :angrrry: ...oh 1 last thing this fight would never happen cuz tito is helping out rampage as in training and shit

killerinstinct
09-26-2006, 03:08 PM
i would say rampage cuz he's one of my fav fighter in pride but then again rampage hasen't been the same, he doesn't slam ppl anymore :angrrry: ...oh 1 last thing this fight would never happen cuz tito is helping out rampage as in training and shit
Rampage isn't in Pride FC anymore.

Punk Ass
09-26-2006, 09:14 PM

That's bullshit........Rampage still slams the hell out of people, he slammed the hell out of Linland and I think Rampage was impressive in that fight, Linland was just smart to stay in close quarters and use his superior wrestling.