PDA

View Full Version : State Champion

Spain215
02-17-2008, 10:13 PM
iv been a member of this website for awhile and just thought i would post this. i just won a state title for 285 in nebraska. i defeated the number 1 rated and previously unbeaten heavyweight. It was the best feeling in my life and i just wanted to share it with you guys.

Ifightforaliving
02-17-2008, 11:37 PM
thats awesome man congrats

Warrior Mac
02-18-2008, 12:12 AM
ya man that is awsome do you ever think of competing in mma or jiu jitsu tournments?

Kimuras"R"Us
02-18-2008, 12:44 AM
nice work man congrats

Spain215
02-18-2008, 02:08 AM
thanks alot guys. actually during this whole year my dad would get me up at 6 in the morning and we would work out at our gym and i would do alot of workouts that we got from mma dvds and stuff like that. im weighing about 235 right now and am going to cut down to around 210 to hopefully play running back in college. a couple of my friends who graduated last year are fighting mma right now and doing very good. im planning on cutting down to 205 and trying to get some fights set up before i go off to college.

Kimuras"R"Us
02-18-2008, 03:28 AM
thanks alot guys. actually during this whole year my dad would get me up at 6 in the morning and we would work out at our gym and i would do alot of workouts that we got from mma dvds and stuff like that. im weighing about 235 right now and am going to cut down to around 210 to hopefully play running back in college. a couple of my friends who graduated last year are fighting mma right now and doing very good. im planning on cutting down to 205 and trying to get some fights set up before i go off to college.

Where you going to college?

Ramma
02-18-2008, 04:21 AM
Good job man.. post some videos, it'd be cool to see you in action.

BigBanda
02-18-2008, 11:13 PM
iv been a member of this website for awhile and just thought i would post this. i just won a state title for 285 in nebraska. i defeated the number 1 rated and previously unbeaten heavyweight. It was the best feeling in my life and i just wanted to share it with you guys.
Bad ass bro, I really envy you for accomplishing that what I could not get done when I wrestled. The highest I achieved was winning districts and placing at regionals my senior year in high school. I didnt go on to wrestling in college, I did wrestle as part of a club afterwards though and attended some opens. I really miss wrestling a lot though.

Spain215
02-20-2008, 03:56 AM
as of right now i think i am going to the university of sioux falls to play football. i chose an naia powerhouse because i could pretty much choose the position i could play and all the d2 schools that were talking to me only wanted me for dline. im still considering other schools cuz since i won state iv been getting alot of offers from schools that hadnt called me before. lincolns offering a walk on uno wants me really bad. after winning my choices are starting to grow. im considering trying to walk on to unl for football but still undecided on what i really want. i found out today i was lincoln journal stars prep athlete of the week so that is getting me more aware to some college coaches i havent spoken to before.

it is the best feeling in the world and everytime someone says congratulations i get goosebumps all over again.

ya nebraska holds there state tourny very early. i live 9 miles from south dakota i think theres dont even start for another week or 2.

im gona try to get the video of my finals match on here for you guys and maybe some others. my finals match is an alright match. the kid was 33-0 with 33 pins so my gameplan was to wrestle smart, stay in position, and get him into the 3rd and beat his ass. i worked out perfectly for me as i took him down 3 times in the 3rd to win 10-6. i had him gassed in the begininning of the 2nd period. he took me down once which shouldnt have happened but he completly blew his load in the process and it eventually worked out the best for me.

mcdev88
02-20-2008, 07:48 AM
illinois idividual state championships were sat. the team championships are the next 2 weeks.

valheruking
02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Congrats man.

ozzy2525
02-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Nebraska state champ ios pretty big, how did you do in your Junior and Sophmore years. You should get some offers for wrestling maybe even D1.

Ifightforaliving
02-20-2008, 05:08 PM
So you are Shae Smith right? I had a buddy that went up there to watch the finals on the 16th. He said you kicked ass.

Spain215
02-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Na im Matt Spain. I wrestle for Valentine in class B. Shae wrestles for Bennington in C, shae is a stud tho. hes playing football for uno next year. My freshman year i was a 190 pound heavy weight i qualified for state but didnt do much at the tournament. my sophmore year i went to 215 and got 6th. my junior year i was 215 and tore up my shoulder and had to end up taking 6th again which sucked ass but really motivated me for this year. then my senior year i was weighing around 245 but cut down to 215 but when i heard that this guy who was talking shit about me was going heavy weight i went heavy weight and beat him in the finals so it all worked out good.

Ifightforaliving
02-20-2008, 06:44 PM
ok sorry man. Either way thats kick ass man congrats on the win. Also, Good Luck in the future

Spain215
02-23-2008, 10:43 AM
im hoping to get my match on here soon but until then you can see my post match interview on Prep Athlete: Matt Spain (http://www.kolnkgin.com/sports/headlines/15783842.html) you might have to scroll thru a page or two on the videos but im matt spain prep athlete of the week feb. 19

Ubermensch
02-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Props and Rep'd

tapper
02-24-2008, 01:45 AM
congrats bud. can someone embed the match.