PDA

View Full Version : Rumours for TUF 5

killerinstinct
09-17-2006, 05:59 AM
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/rumors.asp?articleid=2568&zoneid=14

Afro
09-17-2006, 06:03 AM
so its gonna be veterans vs veterans, newcomers vs newcomers?

thats a great idea! You know what I would like to see for TUF 6???

No experience Fighters, guys tryna make there way into MMA probably have 0 fights on record, maybe 1 or 2.. get some real good coaches like Pat Militech and Bas Rutten or something.

Boo
09-17-2006, 08:00 AM

No experience Fighters, guys tryna make there way into MMA probably have 0 fights on record, maybe 1 or 2.. get some real good coaches like Pat Militech and Bas Rutten or something.
I like the idea for a TUF 6, but would six weeks be long enough? If they made it much longer though, the guys would probably go completely insane in the house judging by past seasons. It would be hard to get coaches to commit for over 6 weeks too.

Got to be a creative way to tweek the show so they could work with them longer, not keep them cooped up for an unreasonable amount of time, yet keep the show entertaining for the fans.

How about starting with a boot camp type training to weed out the posers. Maybe get some training camps to take a couple of them each. Once they know enough to put on a good fight for us, bring them back to the house for more training and the fights begin.

I would be interested in showing some of the training in more depth, but don't know if I'm the exception on that one. Gotta appeal to the masses.

Anyone else have any ideas how this could work?

j.farrell
09-19-2006, 09:45 PM

i like that idea considering i havnt had a pro mma fight yet..i might be a contender to get on the show..lol

j.farrell
09-19-2006, 09:47 PM
alot of the guys that fight from my school dont like the show..most of them wouldnt go if given the opprotunity..apparently they offered brandon a spot on season two..but he turned them down..

Afro
09-19-2006, 10:06 PM
what would make TUF 6 real interesting is if they brought in ppl that never cross trained

bring in a pure wrestler, pure boxer, pure muay thai fighter, pure kickboxer, pure karate fighter, pure JJ fighter, and see how they progress.. 6 weeks would not be enough they would need atleast 2 Months I would guess but they can edit the show to a shorter time that would be pimp IMO.

j.farrell
09-19-2006, 10:16 PM
what would make TUF 6 real interesting is if they brought in ppl that never cross trained

bring in a pure wrestler, pure boxer, pure muay thai fighter, pure kickboxer, pure karate fighter, pure JJ fighter, and see how they progress.. 6 weeks would not be enough they would need atleast 2 Months I would guess but they can edit the show to a shorter time that would be pimp IMO.
yeah id watch that..they are def going to have to do something new..its starting to get a little stale..i honestly have to say i watch the show because im a mma junkie..its like a fix..:blink:

Boo
09-20-2006, 01:49 AM
i like that idea considering i havnt had a pro mma fight yet..i might be a contender to get on the show..lol
You got an opportunity like that and you would HAVE to tell us on the forum. Go j.farrell!

alot of the guys that fight from my school dont like the show..most of them wouldnt go if given the opprotunity..apparently they offered brandon a spot on season two..but he turned them down..
It's a lot easier to SAY you wouldn't go than to REALLY turn down that kind of opportunity. IMO it would be down right dumb to turn something like that down, unless you weren't really serious about mma as a profession.

When you say Brandon, are you talking about Brandon Vera?

alahyousious
09-20-2006, 02:22 AM
I like the boot camp idea. They should have coaches from different fighting teams run an eight to twelve week boot camp. Eight to Twelve weeks is not that long. Thats about as long as any military boot camp. They train six days a week on Sunday they get to watch TV and make calls but cannot leave. Instead of fighting for a UFC contract they are fighting for a chance to train with one of the fighting team MFS, Team Quest, or whatever other team they get for three years all paid by the UFC.

Boo
09-20-2006, 02:43 AM
I like the boot camp idea. They should have coaches from different fighting teams run an eight to twelve week boot camp. Eight to Twelve weeks is not that long. Thats about as long as any military boot camp. They train six days a week on Sunday they get to watch TV and make calls but cannot leave. Instead of fighting for a UFC contract they are fighting for a chance to train with one of the fighting team MFS, Team Quest, or whatever other team they get for three years all paid by the UFC.
Glad you like the boot camp thing. By giving them Sundays for TV and contact with the outside world, it gives them something to look forward to all week and they're less likely to go completely psycho on us. The battle for the TV remote would be entertaining. :grinsmile1:

I like the idea of the prize being training paid by the UFC too. The UFC would want to have some sort of option in the contract that they have to fight ? many times in the UFC if they are good enough after three years.

What about the fights though? With the level of inexperience they would be coming in with, they probably wouldn't be that entertaining. Also what replaces UFN/finals?

Mastiff_owner
09-20-2006, 03:42 AM
Boot camp idea is great. I would say instead of only 16 fighters get 32. Put them all through the boot camp with some established school trainers and at the end of the boot camp the trainers (MFS, Punishment, Quest, etc) can decide which fighters go on to the next round--- the actual show. Then they can have the show with fighters that have already proven that they have the desire and dedication to do what it takes. Winners of the show get to train with the camp of their choice-they will have been exposed to several and a 3-5 fight deal

alahyousious
09-20-2006, 04:00 AM
Glad you like the boot camp thing. By giving them Sundays for TV and contact with the outside world, it gives them something to look forward to all week and they're less likely to go completely psycho on us. The battle for the TV remote would be entertaining. :grinsmile1:

I like the idea of the prize being training paid by the UFC too. The UFC would want to have some sort of option in the contract that they have to fight ? many times in the UFC if they are good enough after three years.

What about the fights though? With the level of inexperience they would be coming in with, they probably wouldn't be that entertaining. Also what replaces UFN/finals?

They could just have a normal UFN just have the Team coaches pick who they want to train with them kinda like a draft or something like that lol

alahyousious
09-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Heres another idea have the different teams come and compete against each other. Like Team MFS vs Punishment the teams get to pick there on fighters from there team and there own trainers. The winning team gets a bonus from the UFC and the fighters get the contract.

Boo
09-20-2006, 05:19 AM
Heres another idea have the different teams come and compete against each other. Like Team MFS vs Punishment the teams get to pick there on fighters from there team and there own trainers. The winning team gets a bonus from the UFC and the fighters get the contract.
OK, not sure if I'm understanding you. Are you talking about having the MFS camp pick say 8 fighters and 3 trainers to represent them and Punishment does the same. Then the fights would be something similar to IFL, except the prize is a team bonus and UFC contract for the individual fighters.

Do I have that right?

alahyousious
09-20-2006, 05:23 AM
OK, not sure if I'm understanding you. Are you talking about having the MFS camp pick say 8 fighters and 3 trainers to represent them and Punishment does the same. Then the fights would be something similar to IFL, except the prize is a team bonus and UFC contract for the individual fighters.

Do I have that right?

Use the TUF format not IFL. does that make more sense?

Boo
09-20-2006, 05:29 AM
Use the TUF format not IFL. does that make more sense?
TUF format = the fights would be one or two an episode. Yes?

alahyousious
09-20-2006, 05:31 AM
TUF format = the fights would be one or two an episode. Yes?

Yes, with the losing fighter out of the tournment and the winning fighter advanceing in his weight class.

BKS
09-25-2006, 12:05 AM
I donno about what they're going to do, but all I can say is that it should be pretty interesting.