PDA

View Full Version : NHL trade deadline fast approaching

kickass32
02-26-2008, 12:34 AM
Feb 26 @ 3:00pm

Peter Forseberg has returned to the Avalanche, Mat Sundin refuses to waive his no-trade clause.....Senators need a goalie...............any thoughts about what might happen....or what your fav. team may do???

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 06:35 AM
I'm hearing the pens are interested in Ruutu and Havlat from the Blackhawks but they want Staal in return and that aint happening. Would love to see Havlat on the wing with Sid though

Gmunit
02-26-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm hearing the pens are interested in Ruutu and Havlat from the Blackhawks but they want Staal in return and that aint happening. Would love to see Havlat on the wing with Sid though

Staal hasn't done shit this year, I'd send him for Havlat for sure

you're right too, he'd look good on the wing

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Not too many sexy names available other than Hossa and Richards.

Macgyver
02-26-2008, 03:27 PM
9:43 ET and still no action....

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 04:28 PM
St. Louis trades D Bryce Salvador to the Devils for F Cam Jannsen

Toronto trades F/D Wade Belak to Florida for a 5th round pick in 08

First big one: Buffalo trades D Brian Campbell to San Jose for F Steve Bernier and a first round pick.

Macgyver
02-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Lightning forward Brad Richards waived his no-trade clause and has been traded to the Stars. Details to follow.

Edit:

To Lightning: Mike Smith, centre Jeff Halpern and winger Jussi Jokinen.

To Stars: Brad Richards, Johan Holmqvist

Things are starting to roll now eh!!!

Gmunit
02-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Big Trade for Dallas

Macgyver
02-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Wow...Habs trade Cristobal Huet to the Capitals for a 2nd round pick!!!

War Carey Price!!

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Staal hasn't done shit this year, I'd send him for Havlat for sure

you're right too, he'd look good on the wing

he's 19 years old. alot of people forget that. he scored 20 goals last year and plays outstanding defense.

i agree he is having a little bit of a sophmore slump, but i'm not ready to give up on him just yet

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 05:44 PM
I guess Hossa, Jokinen and Blake are the remaining big names.

Gmunit
02-26-2008, 05:55 PM
he's 19 years old. alot of people forget that. he scored 20 goals last year and plays outstanding defense.

i agree he is having a little bit of a sophmore slump, but i'm not ready to give up on him just yet

I'm not giving up on him, I like Staal, but they are going into the playoffs and having Havlat instead of Staal is huge

I guess it all depends on what they plan on doing this year and the next 2, with regards to Malkin and whatnot

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm not giving up on him, I like Staal, but they are going into the playoffs and having Havlat instead of Staal is huge

I guess it all depends on what they plan on doing this year and the next 2, with regards to Malkin and whatnot

Agreed.

Pittsburgh is stacked at center and they have Esposito on the way. If they could land Ruutu and Havlat, that would be a good deal.

Macgyver
02-26-2008, 06:02 PM
The Blackhawks have traded forward Tuomo Ruutu to the Hurricanes in exchange for forward Andrew Ladd.

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 06:08 PM
The Avalanche have acquired Ruslan Salei from the Panthers in exchange for defenceman Karlis Skrastins and a 3rd round pick

MYboyBISPING
02-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Its time for a reunion in AVS Country. Blake will only waive his no trade clause for CO, Foppa is back WELCOME Back. Now if we can fix the Drury trade ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhhh! I have never heard of any othe team that has this kind of loyalty from there players. We're awesome!

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Its time for a reunion in AVS Country. Blake will only waive his no trade clause for CO, Foppa is back WELCOME Back. Now if we can fix the Drury trade ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhhh! I have never heard of any othe team that has this kind of loyalty from there players. We're awesome!

Never heard of the Detroit Red Wings, which is weird, considering their total dominance over the Avs.

MYboyBISPING
02-26-2008, 06:18 PM
watever your in canada I think what has your teams done in the last 12 years huh?

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 06:24 PM
watever your in canada I think what has your teams done in the last 12 years huh?

The Red Wings have won 3 Stanley Cups and 5 or 6 President's Trophies. That is all.

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Senators have acquired F Martin Lapointe from the Black Hawks in exchange for a 2008 6th round pick.

MYboyBISPING
02-26-2008, 06:26 PM
The Red Wings have won 3 Stanley Cups and 5 or 6 President's Trophies. That is all.

And thats where your from?

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 06:29 PM
And thats where your from?

Jesus fucking Christ. Are you serious?

Don't make me tell you how fucking stupid you are. Without going into too much detail, the players are 65% Canadian. The General Managers are 95% Canadian, the coaches are 95% Canadian. The scouts are 95% Canadian.

Simply because I live in Canada, I have to cheer for a Canadian club? Good one.

Send back Sakic, Theodore and all the other Canadian players, not to mention your coach and GM and I will cheer for a Canadian team.

Fucking retard.

MYboyBISPING
02-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Jesus fucking Christ. Are you serious?

Don't make me tell you how fucking stupid you are. Without going into too much detail, the players are 65% Canadian. The General Managers are 95% Canadian, the coaches are 95% Canadian. The scouts are 95% Canadian.

Simply because I live in Canada, I have to cheer for a Canadian club? Good one.

Send back Sakic, Theodore and all the other Canadian players, not to mention your coach and GM and I will cheer for a Canadian team.

Fucking retard.

A lil Butt Hurt eh? but forreal all im saying for me personally to be a true fan you have to have been born and raised in that teams city. Lived under those colors your whole life geez man Im just a homer so yeah GO! AVS, Broncos, and Nuggets and yes after last year yeah Rockies too! And I guess you want Basketball Back Too OMG Dude. Where were you born and if its Detroit day it loud and proud because if for some ungodly reason and I had to relocate damn me now if I still will not represent for the AVS! Its not all ways about winning guy you live with the highs and lows and all you can do is hope for a better tomorow GO AVS! GO BRONCOS! GO NUGGETS! and yes GO ROCKIES!(homer)

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 06:43 PM
A lil Butt Hurt eh? but forreal all im saying for me personally to be a true fan you have to have been born and raised in that teams city. Lived under those colors your whole life geez man Im just a homer so yeah GO! AVS, Broncos, and Nuggets and yes after last year yeah Rockies too! And I guess you want Basketball Back Too OMG Dude. Where were you born and if its Detroit day it loud and proud because if for some ungodly reason and I had to relocate damn me now if I still will not represent for the AVS! Its not all ways about winning guy you live with the highs and lows and all you can do is hope for a better tomorow GO AVS! GO BRONCOS! GO NUGGETS! and yes GO ROCKIES!(homer)

I was born in a place that doesn't have an NHL team, but produces NHL players. Many of whom I have skated with. Including a guy that won a cup for your beloved Avalanche.

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 06:48 PM
i'm hearing some pretty crazy rumors.... Vermette,Schubert , and a prospect i think? from Ottawa to Atlanta for Hossa and Kari Letonen (sp?)

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Chicago is dangling Nikolai Habibulin around...Ottawa is interested

MYboyBISPING
02-26-2008, 06:50 PM
I was born in a place that doesn't have an NHL team, but produces NHL players. Many of whom I have skated with. Including a guy that won a cup for your beloved Avalanche.

Would you care to disclose or do we just leave it at that? If its in Canada why would even bring up Detroit I would of loved to been born in Canada I can see myself wearing Blue you know.

Macgyver
02-26-2008, 06:50 PM
The Quebec Nordiques....have acquired defenceman Adam Foote from the Blue Jackets. Details to follow.

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Avs get Foote for a 1st rounder...

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Would you care to disclose or do we just leave it at that? If its in Canada why would even bring up Detroit I would of loved to been born in Canada I can see myself wearing Blue you know.

Greg Devries is the player in question.

Fortunately, my dad grew up worshiping Gordie Howe and the Wings and passed on that good taste to me.

Fuck the Leafs.

MYboyBISPING
02-26-2008, 06:53 PM
I guess Ottawa's goalie situation is uncertain damn I liked that Emery guy too. That Toronto game really change thing huh?

Macgyver
02-26-2008, 06:56 PM
I guess Ottawa's goalie situation is uncertain damn I liked that Emery guy too. That Toronto game really change thing huh?

It goes way beyond the Toronto game. He's been inconsistent, has had multiple fights with his own players in practices, showed up late for practice aswell....

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 06:57 PM

yeah man..i'm pretty shocked at the way Emery gets treated by Ottawa. I don't really catch too many Sens games but from what i see when he plays the Penguins, he's a pretty legit goaltender. He played his ass off in that playoff series against us last year. Who knows though. Don't they have Gerber on the bench too? I'm suprised they are pursuing goalies as hard as they are.

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 06:58 PM
It goes way beyond the Toronto game. He's been inconsistent, has had multiple fights with his own players in practices, showed up late for practice aswell....

I guess that answers it

Gmunit
02-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Greg Devries is the player in question.

Fortunately, my dad grew up worshiping Gordie Howe and the Wings and passed on that good taste to me.

Fuck the Leafs.

I've always been a Wings fan, but b/c of Yzerman, he's by far my fav

Leafs have always been my team though, they've made it kinda hard over the last few yrs, especially with ticket prices, I've been going to Buffalo to catch games lately

Gmunit
02-26-2008, 07:00 PM
yeah man..i'm pretty shocked at the way Emery gets treated by Ottawa. I don't really catch too many Sens games but from what i see when he plays the Penguins, he's a pretty legit goaltender. He played his ass off in that playoff series against us last year. Who knows though. Don't they have Gerber on the bench too? I'm suprised they are pursuing goalies as hard as they are.

Emery is borderline retarded, any poor treatment he receives is all his fault

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Emery is a great goaltender. His Memorial and Calder Cups prove it.

If everyone just left him alone and let him do whatever he wants, he would be fine.

Goalies, by default, are fucked up. Roy did what he wanted, Hasek too (well, everywhere but Ottawa) and look what they accomplished. In 23 years of hockey, I have yet to meet a goalie who wasn't weird as fuck.

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 07:01 PM
I fucking love the trade deadline. :Celebreate:

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah, i don't really know Emery's character so i'm just judging him by performance. I think he's solid but locker room virus's are no-no's.

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Fedorov to the Caps for TBA.

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Federov to Washington.

Macgyver
02-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Goalies, by default, are fucked up. Roy did what he wanted, Hasek too (well, everywhere but Ottawa) and look what they accomplished. In 23 years of hockey, I have yet to meet a goalie who wasn't weird as fuck.

I'll vouch for that...

MYboyBISPING
02-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Damn boy that Emery can fight too. That was awesome when he fought the goalie then moved on to one of the skaters. WOW!

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 07:11 PM
JHMHD, we must be on the same website because we're posting the same exact trades as soon as they happen lol.

Gmunit
02-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Damn boy that Emery can fight too. That was awesome when he fought the goalie then moved on to one of the skaters. WOW!

it was Biron....then Peters

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 07:13 PM
JHMHD, we must be on the same website because we're posting the same exact trades as soon as they happen lol.

TSN.ca

Can't beat them for deadline coverage.

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 07:14 PM
i've been checking them occasionally.

i'm on thefourthperiod.com and hockeybuzz.com

i don't like Eklund on hockey buzz but they've been pretty quick reporting some moves so i'll stick with it

MYboyBISPING
02-26-2008, 07:14 PM
it was Biron....then Peters

Thanks for the confirmation.

jesusatemyhotdog
02-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Islanders acquire D Rob Davison from the Sharks for an 08 seventh round pick.

Canucks acquire F Matt Pettinger from the Caps for F Matt Cooke.

MYboyBISPING
02-26-2008, 07:30 PM
1:10pm To WAS: C Sergei Fedorov To CBJ: TBD
SAYS WYSHYNSKI: Boy, there's a lot of Russians in DC. If this were 50 years ago, there'd be air raid sirens!!

The Fourth Period comments on Sergei in D.C. haha.

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 07:39 PM
"Ray Emery was not on the ice today as the Ottawa Senators practiced."
-Kevin Lee

thefirm0
02-26-2008, 07:51 PM
san jose is officialy a powerhouse, they are gonna go all the way, all the way, all the way!!!!!!

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 07:53 PM
PLeassseeee Ray Shero, get a winger for Sid :angrrry:

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 08:20 PM
uhhh ohhhh

Sportsnet is reporting that Marian Hossa may be traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins. However, Pittsburgh Asst. GM Chuck Fletcher is saying that it's not true.
Source: Sportsnet

FUCK CHUCK FLETCHER! haha jk, this would be sick as hell but most likely means Staal and some top prospects are goners. Shero better make sure Hossa will sign an extension if he makes this deal

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 08:31 PM
geez where'd everyone go?...i'm talking to myself over here.

oh well, Hal Gill is a Penguin if anyone's interested

MYboyBISPING
02-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Anticipation!

MYboyBISPING
02-26-2008, 08:49 PM
2:57pm To PIT: RW Marian Hossa
RW Pascal Dupuis To ATL: RW Colby Armstrong
C Erik Christensen
C Angelo Esposito
1st RD draft pick
SAYS PAGNOTTA: Wow! The Penguins really gave up a boat load of talent for Hossa. Too much, in fact. Habs fans everywhere are crying!

Wow they better sign him now Wow!

Macgyver
02-26-2008, 08:50 PM
The Hossa sweepstakes are over

The Atlanta Thrashers have traded sniper Marian Hossa and winger Pascal Dupuis to the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for prospect Angelo Esposito, forwards Colby Armstrong and Erik Christensen and a first-round pick.

Edit: There's your winger Teddy!!! What do you think?

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
The Hossa sweepstakes are over

The Atlanta Thrashers have traded sniper Marian Hossa and winger Pascal Dupuis to the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for prospect Angelo Esposito, forwards Colby Armstrong and Erik Christensen and a first-round pick.

Edit: There's your winger Teddy!!! What do you think?

OH MY GOD I'M FUCKING DANCING AROUND MY BASEMENT RIGHT NOW!

I love the deal to be honest. Hossa and Crosby and Malkin will be the best watch in the league and i think the Pens are the new team to beat in the east. As far as the departed players, i loved all of them but i really think we got a steal. Colby is tough as nails but wasn't offensive enough to play on The Kid's wing. Erik Christensen was another solid, but not great player and i can live with seeing him go. Baddass in the shootout though. Esposito is going to be great IMHO, so that's tough but it's not like we don't have young talent. WOW I'M PUMPED!!!

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 09:00 PM
:dancingsmile:

Gmunit
02-26-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't think Esposito has improved in like 2 years, he may be good in the future but he has to get stronger

Armstrong is solid, but is easily forgotton about when Hossa dangles a few defenseman

Good moves by PIT IMO, as long as some of their 3 - 4 liners can come through

TeddyDaBear
02-26-2008, 09:16 PM
I just hope to god we sign him to an extension. That is my biggest concern. If not, we paid a fuck load for a rent a player

Gmunit
02-26-2008, 09:20 PM
I just hope to god we sign him to an extension. That is my biggest concern. If not, we paid a fuck load for a rent a player

a lot of big contracts in Pittsburg now though

Gill - 4 mill

Hossa - 8 mill

Malkin - up for ext. after 09

the 'guins are lucky Staal is playing like shit, maybe he'll re-sign cheap (after next year)

Kimuras"R"Us
02-26-2008, 11:47 PM
a lot of big contracts in Pittsburg now though

Gill - 4 mill

Hossa - 8 mill

Malkin - up for ext. after 09

the 'guins are lucky Staal is playing like shit, maybe he'll re-sign cheap (after next year)

What is the cap at right now? I've been reading they're expecting it to go up to 54 million next season. This could only help the Pens.... I work in downtown Pittsburgh and my building was pretty lively today post-trade.

kickass32
02-27-2008, 01:57 AM
I believe the cap is at 50.3 or 50.4........

The Pens sure made out all right today...still not convinced they have the goaltending to win over the long haul, but they do look good now.
Dallas and San Jose improved immensly too.
Man the west is looking tough......Detroit, Aheheim, San Jose, Dallas, now Colorado....wow!

And I second that to "Fuck the Leafs"!!!!!

I think Lapointe to Ottawa may be a very underated trade....I know he is passed his prime, but come playoff time, if he can get back anywhere close to his old form, he will be a force for the Sens.

kalebarker
02-27-2008, 10:04 AM
I believe the cap is at 50.3 or 50.4........

The Pens sure made out all right today...still not convinced they have the goaltending to win over the long haul, but they do look good now.
Dallas and Syyt is looking tough......Detroit, Aheheim, San Jose, Dallas, now Colorado....wow!

And I second that to "Fuck the Leafs"!!!!!

I think Lapointe to Ottawa may be a very underated trade....I know he is passed his prime, but come playoff time, if he can get back anywhere close to his old form, he will be a force for the Sens.

I agree pens dont have the goalie to win the cup.. or the defense to give the goalie an easier time. Right now I think both Dallas and San Jose are the teams to beat. My question to you guys is which teams had the best and worst deadline.
Worst: Montreal. They gave away Huet a quality starting goaltender for practically nothing.
Best: Colorado. Mainly because they scored Forsberg without giving shit up. Even he should be able to stay healthy for the rest of the year. Adam Foote was nice pickup. They have proven winners.
Washington did great to. Huet was an awesome pickup for nothing. Fedorov will be awesome to see playing with Ovechkin. They also took one of my favorite players from my team ( Cooke from Van). I don't know enough about Pettinger to comment on that deal other then it sucks.

kickass32
02-27-2008, 10:33 AM
I think with Huet, Montreal was afraid of losing him for nothing as a free agent in the summer. I guess the figured lets get whatever we can for him.
And lets face it, the Habs going into the playoffs with a rookie goalie, isn't exactly a negative for them in the past...........Ken Dryden, Patrick Roy.....pretty good results there....

Actually, after hearing that Huet was traded.....I was VERY suprised Ottawa didn't make a pitch for him...or maybe they did, but the Habs wouldn't trade him to a divisional team.

kickass32
02-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Hossa got hurt last night....sprained MCL I think....I'm hearing 1-2 weeks....sucks for Pittsburgh!

TeddyDaBear
02-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Hossa got hurt last night....sprained MCL I think....I'm hearing 1-2 weeks....sucks for Pittsburgh!

yeah it's pretty fucked up. We looked awful and had no chemistry and now he goes down for at least a week. Hopefully him and Sid return at the same time

jesusatemyhotdog
02-29-2008, 10:52 PM
yeah it's pretty fucked up. We looked awful and had no chemistry and now he goes down for at least a week. Hopefully him and Sid return at the same time

Therrien is a stupid coach. He always has been.

Pittsburgh got Hossa to play with Crosby, who is obviously out.

Malkin, Malone and Sykora have been the best line in hockey the last 15 games.

So what does Michel (pronounced Michelle) do?

Breaks the line up and puts Sidney Crosby's new linemate out their for no apparent reason. He changed it up later, but he fucked up the chemistry of the team off the hop.

He was just as dumb in Montreal. Benching his best players, with no apparent reason other than just to show that he wasn't afraid to bench his best players.

neonatural45
03-01-2008, 02:05 AM
sprained MCL, dodged a hell of a bullet. I was thinking that Hossa would go to Montreal (I thought they traded Huet for some cap space) and I was bummed to see him go to Pittsburgh, Montreal is my #2 team.

War Federov

TeddyDaBear
03-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Therrien is a stupid coach. He always has been.

Pittsburgh got Hossa to play with Crosby, who is obviously out.

Malkin, Malone and Sykora have been the best line in hockey the last 15 games.

So what does Michel (pronounced Michelle) do?

Breaks the line up and puts Sidney Crosby's new linemate out their for no apparent reason. He changed it up later, but he fucked up the chemistry of the team off the hop.

He was just as dumb in Montreal. Benching his best players, with no apparent reason other than just to show that he wasn't afraid to bench his best players.

i like MT and hate him at the same time. i think he does a nice job gettin the best out of 3rd and 4th line players but i don't think he handles super stars very well. I agree with alot of what you said and while Thierren is a decent motivator and disciplinarian, I don't think he's enough of an X's and O's guy to help this team reach its full potential (Stanley Cup).

jesusatemyhotdog
03-01-2008, 07:17 PM
i like MT and hate him at the same time. i think he does a nice job gettin the best out of 3rd and 4th line players but i don't think he handles super stars very well. I agree with alot of what you said and while Thierren is a decent motivator and disciplinarian, I don't think he's enough of an X's and O's guy to help this team reach its full potential (Stanley Cup).

His biggest weakness is game management. He is a very good practice coach, but when adversity shows its head, he doesn't make the proper decisions.

Intellectual
03-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Kings are still last in the league. dissapointing.

we have great players, our management team is horrible.