PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Arnolds

Kimuras"R"Us
03-02-2008, 05:15 PM
I just got home from the Arnold Classic. I competed in the 205-225 white belt 20 - 30yr division. Was in a large bracket with 18 guys. Ended up going 3 - 1 on the day and taking home third place. Lost on points in the semis which sucks but came back to win in the third place match so that was good. Good experience, pleased with my showing. Figured I'd let you all know.

Kimuras"R"Us
03-02-2008, 06:28 PM
How do we know your the Ream Kimuras"R"Us and not an impostor?

Pics?

Vids?

Or we could just use the standard method of proving yourself, and post your self in your left hand holding an orange and in your right hand holding an Condom.

Anyway, if this really is you, Congratulations, that's fucking awesome.

Shit. i was hoping by making the story semi-believable that no one would question if I was lying. Haha.

Thanks.

I'm sorry I don't have pics or vids. I drove out by myself to compete so no one was really there to tape it. I can either, A) wait to see if NAGA puts up the medal presentation pic or B) take a picture of myself wearing my medal topless holding a piece of fruit in my hand... we can make a poll about it if you want.

Also kind of funny about the weekend, my mat was diaganol to the mat where the absolute division was going on. I look over during the first round, and Jeff fuckin Monson is fighting someone. I'm pretty sure he won the division, I watched three of his matches. He's sick. So basically since I was on the mat the same time as him I'm just as good as he is.

Kimuras"R"Us
03-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Topless Pics will work this time.

Seriously dude, that shit is cool. Where was this at?

Did you see any other famous people?

Haha I'll have to find my camera.

It was in Columbus, Ohio. NAGA ran the grappling part. It's supposed to be one of the largest grappling tournaments on the east coast.

Yeah Gonzaga was cornering someone in the absolute division (same mat monson was on). That motherfucker is ENORMOUS. Those were the only fighters I saw. I stayed on the Martial Arts part. Schwarzennegger was actually there and gave a speech. Other than that I didn't see anybody really. Oh yeah actually Dustin Hazelett was a fuckin referee for the absolute divsion. Which was funny becuase I think he just went right from there directly to his fight that night.

Palma
03-02-2008, 07:44 PM
I just got home from the Arnold Classic. I competed in the 205-225 white belt 20 - 30yr division. Was in a large bracket with 18 guys. Ended up going 3 - 1 on the day and taking home third place. Lost on points in the semis which sucks but came back to win in the third place match so that was good. Good experience, pleased with my showing. Figured I'd let you all know.

Good job Kimura... How did the guy you lost to do in the finals? It always makes me feel better to lose to the guy who took 1st.

Kimuras"R"Us
03-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Good job Kimura... How did the guy you lost to do in the finals? It always makes me feel better to lose to the guy who took 1st.

Thanks. He took first. He won 4-0 on points in the finals. He also took bronze in the intermediate no-gi. Not sure how long he's been grappling but I'd assume a little while since he didn't fight in the beginner category of no-gi.