PDA

View Full Version : Is BSN No-Xplode all you should need?

Afro
03-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Or should you get another supplement or two to go with it?

jklep
03-17-2008, 06:19 PM
hey bro, ive been lifting for about 12 years, i love no xplode, it great but i strongly recommend some high quality glutamine for post work out, as well as Gakic or how ever its spelled, i cant rember right now, i have always had great results from taking both pre workout, and i also drink phosphagen elite from eas during my workouts, it has beta-alanine so you can work out much harder and much longer, or you can try cytomax from cytosport its made for runners and such to drink during races so it also helps during your work outs, god speed bro

Rufio
03-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Honestly, I think the creatine and caffeine in NO Xplode are more important than arginine and the other "nitric oxide" ingredients. Quite a few bodybuilders consider NO completely worthless. I've heard it claimed that nitric oxide as a compound only has a half-life of a few seconds and if it could actually be sustained for any time, would draw blood from vital organs. I haven't taken the time to research it for myself, but personally I've gotten the same thing from creatine and stimulants seperately that I got from NO products containing creatine and caffeine.

If your goals are strength/explosiveness and muscular endurance, creatine and beta-alanine (or straight carnosine; beta-alanine converts to carnosine in your body) are the most proven supplements you can get. Aside from that, all you need is whey and either a good multivitamin or a diet rich in fruits/veggies to fill your nutrient needs. If you're looking for extra explosiveness during your workout, you may want caffeine ... In that case, you can use NO Xplode, whey, and otherwise rely on a good diet. It depends on your goals.

When it comes down to it, whey, creatine, and a decent multivitamin are probably the top 3 supplements you can get for performance or strength. Other than that, focus STRONGLY on your actual diet. If you're not getting consistent enough results and you have the extra money for other supplements, there are a few decent ones that will enhance your performance in the gym. Just remember that your diet is your #1 supplement.

Clint
03-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Creatine
Beta Alanine (The weird tingly sensation is normal)
Protein
Fish Oil
Greens Supplement

I can't justify stuff like Gakic, the price outweighs the benefits.

Ifightforaliving
03-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Creatine
Beta Alanine (The weird tingly sensation is normal)
Protein
Fish Oil
Greens Supplement

I can't justify stuff like Gakic, the price outweighs the benefits.
I agree the price is rediculous and I never saw a damn thing from it I would recommend as a stack the BSN stack I use it NO xplode, Axis HT,Syntha six, cell mass. I use these daily and actually have great results. The NO will push you to work out harder than ever you should cycle off it I do 1 month on 2 to 3 weeks off. I always stay on the syntha and I prefer the vanilla myself, Cell mass is great for rebuilding your ripped up muscles it helps in rebuilding and repairing it makes recovery time almost nothing. I can;t tell you enough do not overtrain. If you go in and you feel weak then go light that day, because if you push it you could actually make your muscles shrink instead of build. Also rest at least 1 to 2 days a week. Cardio is important and so is a clean diet. Protein which is in the syntha is a must. Fish oil and shark cartlidge for your joints.

Rufio
03-19-2008, 12:40 AM
You can save money on fish oil by eating actual seafood, along with a few spoons of olive oil and coconut oil a day.

Jon-E-Law
03-19-2008, 05:23 AM
You can save money on fish oil by eating actual seafood, along with a few spoons of olive oil and coconut oil a day.

fish oil is dirt cheap like 3 bucks i paid for 30 day supply. And sea food is exspensive. Salmon and shit like that would cost way more than the pills

Rufio
03-21-2008, 07:16 AM
I meant in terms of grams. Fish oil capsules usually just have one gram in them. If you're trying to gain muscle and you want a protein/fat meal, you're looking for more like 20 grams of fat. You'd probably want a good 5 fish oil caps for a meal, along with peanut butter or something. when I have fish oil I usually go through like 10 a day.

Just taking 1 fish oil cap a day isn't so great for actual athletics, IMO.

Ubermensch
03-21-2008, 08:59 AM
I disagree with Rufio about thoes sups being an equil resource to NO-Xplode. I do use Fish oil and have used it instead of NO-Xplode and I find my results to be better with NO-Xplode. Some people arn't fans of supplements when it is a propitiatory mixes. The reason NO-Xplode is good unlike most NO products is because it has the Triglycerides that stabilize the Glycocyamine in your liver. Also when you buy a Whey Protein supplement which I do agree with Rufio on but you MUST make sure the first ingredient in it is Whey ISOLATE not Concentrate. Reason being is Isolate synthesis is much better for muscle development that Concentrate (this is why propitiatory blends got a bad name) and Concentrate could be a high or low concentration and they don't have to tell you. If you want to really learn about Sups go to Consumerlab.com they will give you the gist. I also like Bodybuilding.com too because you can get users opinions on the sups too. PS take a creatine sup also like Rufio said but make sure it is a Ethyl Ester not a Monohydrate like most creatine sups because those will just bloat you up and most of the water doesn't even go in to your muscles to rip them more.

dagreat1
03-22-2008, 08:43 AM
I recomend naNO Vapor over NO Xplode. There is no loading process with naNO Vapor, you take 1 scoop and very slowly build from there, not 3-4 scoops a day like NO Xplode and as if that wasn't already good enough, you don't take naNO Vapor on non workout days.

It's much more powerful than NO Xplode, I was using NO Xplode and went into GNC to restock and was talked into buying naNO Vapor, the store clerk was taking NO Xplode as well and said naNO was much better, and it is. The very first time I used it I noticed it's potency immediately. It kicked in within 5-10 minutes and I was in psycho mode, tearing through weights like I was never able to do with NO Xplode. For me, the difference was unreal.

I am lifting heavier weight than I was with NOXplode and am able to run through stations with very little rest inbetween and my muscles do not tire much at all. It's been a huge step up for me, it took me over a month to even get to the point where I was taking 2 scoops.

If you're using NO Xplode you may want to finish off the container and then get some naNO Vapor, it's a superior product.

Afro
03-25-2008, 01:45 AM
im goin to GNC tomorrow so ill pick up some naNO vapor instead, and some other stuff

Rufio
03-25-2008, 02:56 AM
Afro, you should get your bodybuilding/strength training advice from here;

Professional Muscle - Powered by vBulletin (http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/)

Afro
03-25-2008, 04:25 AM
Thanks

ok so far im gonna try out the NoVapor tomorrow so im gonna pick that up

and ima pick up BSN Cell-mass and Dessert Protein

Rufio
03-25-2008, 05:00 AM
You should usually use ProfessionalMuscle's "search" function for any supplements you're thinking about or nutritional questions. The board is populated by professional bodybuilders, nutritionists, powerlifters, etc., several of which are famous or highly respected in the fitness community.

The comments by Dad in this thread are largely what make me skeptical of NO products:

Any thoughts on naNO Vapor by Muscletech? - Professional Muscle (http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25133&highlight=NaNo+Vapor)

Although Ubermench's post re: NO Xplode seems to answer the question of how it would make it past the liver enzymes.

dagreat1
03-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Professional Muscle is good however, often the comments don't really reflect the performance of either product very well because NO products are effective. That thread just has the same 3-5 people who are obvious NO haters bashing the products. Can you really guage a products performance based on that? No, of course you can't.

There are lots of bodybuilders that take NO supplements and there are lots that do not take them. Any method of training is effective as long as you work your ass off. When you're exausted and think you're spent, dig deep and keep going, that's where great results are at.

If you are looking for a "magic pill" so-to-speak and think you can take some NO supplements and do some half-assed training twice a week and think you're going to get ripped and bulk up, you're sadly mistaken.

It all depends on what results you are looking for and to what lengths you will go to in order to achieve those goals.

You need to take NO supplements in cycles so you can give your kidneys time to recover due to the high caffeine intake (12 weeks on NO Xplode or naNO Vapor and 4 weeks of training with no NO supplements).

I've taken both and seen good results with both but the results I'm getting with naNO have been even better including not getting an upset stomache like I do with NO Xplode and not having to take naNO on non training days.

They are both very good NO supplements and you need to consume lots of water while using them during training because there is a lot of caffeine in them (you're looking at around 100mg's per scoop of Xplode and 125 per scoop of naNO) and you can stack either one with CellMass for even beter results (take naNo or NO Xplode pre-workout, CellMass post workout and before bed).

The most important aspect of lifting though is form, if you're lifting weight to the point where your form suffers, you're lifting too much, never sacrifice form for heavier weight.

Rufio
03-26-2008, 03:19 AM
The thing is that, as I've mentioned, NO products are usually packed with creatine, caffeine, and sometimes other ingredients besides arginine and other things directly designed to stimulate nitric oxide ... Which begs the question of what is really NO, what is placebo, and what is effects from the creatine, caffeine, etc.

As far as training goes, I disagree somewhat. You don't want to keep training once you've already given your body the strongest stimulus for growth that it will get ... That's where overtraining comes in, and why most bodybuilders advocate that your lifting sessions be about an hour long. You do need to push yourself beyond your current limits though, either through high volume or lifting to physical failure. And beyond that, you need to figure out your own body's energy needs and what ratio of protein/fat/carbs you grow the best with. For that matter, you have to see how fast your own body recovers, thus how much rest and how much training frequency is appropriate for you.

Or you can be lazy and let a personal trainer observe you and come up with solutions for you. :p

Afro
03-26-2008, 03:25 AM
I picked up NoVapor today and some Whey Protein.. its a mix of the Isolate and the Concentrate.

im real sketchy about getting the Creatine, cuz really I dont wanna bulk up at all.. I wanna slim down and gain muscle at the same time.. and I know Creatine doesnt bulk you up but I am not educated enough to see how it would help me if im taking the noVAPOR.

all in all, I wanna look like my AV when its all said and done.

Ifightforaliving
03-26-2008, 04:08 AM
dude keep your receipt that nanovapor sucks ass it takes 3 times as much to get the same feeling as 2 scoops of NO xplode I know me and 10 or so of my friends all tried it for 3 weeks and took it back and got our money back you build a very fast tolerance and dude that pic is from a weigh in the guy is clearly dehydrated

Afro
03-26-2008, 04:15 AM
Who Roy? nah hes always like that.

and ima try it out man, u never know maybe my body reacts differently to it then it does No Xplode? its worth a try, I hope it works cuz I hate returning stuff.. I know No Xplode is good though.. hopin' NoVapor will be better.

Rufio
03-26-2008, 06:00 AM
Creatine doesn't cause any fat gain or prevent fat loss. It will help you build muscle and the bloat mostly takes away definition. A few days off creatine and the water weight will be gone.

If you want to grow and get leaner at the same time, do early morning low intensity cardio (fast walking/light jogging) before breakfast every day and keep lifting. Also seperate your protein/fat meals from your protein/carb meals.

Afro
03-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Ya im prolly gonna pick up some creatine today

noVAPOR works great btw, I like it.. plus its the same prize as No Xplode but you get a little bit more.. No Xplode is awesome too but it ran out too quickly.

right now what im doing is drinking a protein shake basically for breakfast.. waiting 2 hours then taking the noVAPOR, working out, and then when im done drink another protein shake.

Ifightforaliving
03-26-2008, 10:05 PM
It looks like roy jones jr

dagreat1
03-27-2008, 08:22 AM
The thing is that, as I've mentioned, NO products are usually packed with creatine, caffeine, and sometimes other ingredients besides arginine and other things directly designed to stimulate nitric oxide ... Which begs the question of what is really NO, what is placebo, and what is effects from the creatine, caffeine, etc.

As far as training goes, I disagree somewhat. You don't want to keep training once you've already given your body the strongest stimulus for growth that it will get ... That's where overtraining comes in, and why most bodybuilders advocate that your lifting sessions be about an hour long. You do need to push yourself beyond your current limits though, either through high volume or lifting to physical failure. And beyond that, you need to figure out your own body's energy needs and what ratio of protein/fat/carbs you grow the best with. For that matter, you have to see how fast your own body recovers, thus how much rest and how much training frequency is appropriate for you.

Or you can be lazy and let a personal trainer observe you and come up with solutions for you. :p

I wasn't real clear on that, I didn't mean training for long periods of time, I meant pushing yourself to physical failure through more reps.

I'm not a power-lifter, I do a lot of cardio, strict dieting (never any fastfood and rarely eat out), resistence band training and my weight training consists of sacrificing weight for higher volumes of reps. I want to remain mobile so powerlifting and bodybuilding is just not where I want to be physically. I want to be shredded, strong and very mobile but not beef-cake esque. St. Pierre esque if you will.

Frasedog
03-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Or should you get another supplement or two to go with it?
Sounds like you already made up your mind on what to get, but for what it's worth, I did NOT like the NOXplode. I didn't get much of a boost from it, and I found it hard to take. It bothered my stomach. My brother and afriend tried it at the same time, and we all bought different flavors. I would get sick of any one of them in a few weeks, so a few flavors to ratate may be a good idea. The problem is, you mix it with too little water and it is way too sweet. But if you mix to taste (my taste anyway) its too much liquid prior to a workout. Especially if you take a pre workout shake like I do. The fruit punch was my favorite, followed by lemonade, and grape.

Ifightforaliving
03-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Sounds like you already made up your mind on what to get, but for what it's worth, I did NOT like the NOXplode. I didn't get much of a boost from it, and I found it hard to take. It bothered my stomach. My brother and afriend tried it at the same time, and we all bought different flavors. I would get sick of any one of them in a few weeks, so a few flavors to ratate may be a good idea. The problem is, you mix it with too little water and it is way too sweet. But if you mix to taste (my taste anyway) its too much liquid prior to a workout. Especially if you take a pre workout shake like I do. The fruit punch was my favorite, followed by lemonade, and grape.

No wonder do you read dirctions you take it on an empty stomach it was interacting with your shake. Thats why you get sick or upset stomach, are you illiterate, can you not follow directions? Why waste money on supplements if you are too stupid and bullheaded to read the directions?leave the supplements TO THE BIG BOYS AND GO BACK TO YOUR 120 lb bench. Just stop before you fall out and die or something from taking things incoorectly and they ban whatever you took. Can you say ephedra?

kdotoh
05-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Screw the big boys, doesn't matter if you're 120 or not so long as it's pound for pound. I weigh 118 but i'm pushing 125 with perfect form and 3 sets of 8 so I'll stick to my 120 bench press haha.

jackalope
08-08-2009, 03:07 PM
I do recommend Nano vapor over noxplode. I also like MRI black powder. I seem to get more explosive energy with Nano vapor but i also would crash for the first 2 weeks after working out on it. Black powder gave me consistant energy for many hours but i did not have the HULK feeling like with vapor. Ive also tried superpump 250. I like it but just the same as Noxplode. I really like NO Shotgun insane pumps. You asked the question " Is BSN No-Xplode all you should need? " It depends on what you are doing. If you are trying to bulk up, cut weight, just cardio, mma. Post what you are planning on achieving it'll help people answer.

Fear My Hammer Fist
08-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Just a suggestion here, but if you're asking if NO-Xplode is all you need then you probably do not need it.

Nutritional supplements "staples" are:

Multi Vitamin
Fish Oil
Whey Protein (casein, isolate, and/or blend)
Simple Carb product containing Dextrose (Gatorade, etc.)

Everything else is really just gravy.

Products like NO-Xplode are great to spice things up every once in awhile but they are very, VERY unncessary. If you have extra cash go for it, but never sacrifice anything listed above for a product like this.

I could go on about this all day and get into details but I won't right now. Any questions fire away.