PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on your hockey team heading into the playoffs

kalebarker
03-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Discuss your favorite hockey teams playoff hopes.

My team is the Vancouver Canucks. Right now its looking like they could either end up in slot 3,6,7,8 or they could end up in 9th just missing the post season. I personally think they'll end up 7th or 8th and face San Joe or Detroit but I hope they face Calgary first round. I hate Calgary

kickass32
03-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Well, I am a Devils fan. A big win last night against Colorado, and Marty Brodeur is now only 17 wins away from taking the all-time wins record away from the egomaniac Roy.
We're sitting in first in the East right now, but that is far from a for-sure!
Anytime you've got Marty Brodeur in your nets, you have a chance to win the Stanley Cup. I am still a little concerned about lack of scoring, but there is a lot of potential there coupled with lots of experience.
As long as Langenbrunner can keep scoring his "big" playoff goals, and Elias, Zubrus, Parise and Zajac can chip in, I think we'll be ok, and have as good of a chance as anybody in the East.

1 feather in your cap, Kale, much like the Devils, you have a dominant goalie who can easily steal a game, or series for you....he's the heir-apparent to Brodeur!!!

kalebarker
03-17-2008, 05:54 AM
Yea it must be something in the water where they come from.

TeddyDaBear
03-17-2008, 06:32 AM
Pens fan, and I really feel great about this team. 14 goals in the last two games....without Crosby. If him and Hossa mesh well, look out NHL. We're going to get a raw deal in the first round unless we win our division because we'll be stuck in that 4 vs 5 game but i'm not really afraid of any team in the east right now.

neonatural45
03-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Vancouver will end up in 8th and probably not make it out of the first round. No way they play Calgary unfortunetly (us flames fans would like the free pass to the next round) becuase for that to happen they would have to be 3rd and 6th and Colorado will take the division title for sure. I'm worried about the flames, they have one of the best teams for sure but they are inconsistent. They can beat any team but they have lost to ALOT of teams they shouldn't have lost to this year. We will have to see how it unfolds but I see the flames finishing in 6th and Vancouver in 8th with Minnesota in between.

My team in the east is Montreal and they are taking the eastern conference. They really dismantled New Jersey about a week ago and Pittsburgh plays worse with Crosby then they do without him IMO. Montreal is inexperianced so that is what I am worried about, Kovalev is the only one on the team who has won a cup (that I can think of, probably much more then him) and he really isn't much of a leader.

I see Colorado taking the Stanley Cup, other contenders are Detroit, Montreal, San Jose, and New Jersey.

Gmunit
03-17-2008, 08:23 PM
my team is the Leafs, my thoughts are to get osme new fucking ownership and keep the teachers away form it

(for those who are unfamiliar, the Ontario Teachers Union own the majority of the team, and have done nothing good for the franchise)

BUT, our ticket prices still increase because they are more worried about profit rather than a superior product (sound familiar??)

kickass32
03-17-2008, 10:13 PM
my team is the Leafs, my thoughts are to get osme new fucking ownership and keep the teachers away form it

(for those who are unfamiliar, the Ontario Teachers Union own the majority of the team, and have done nothing good for the franchise)

BUT, our ticket prices still increase because they are more worried about profit rather than a superior product (sound familiar??)

I hear ya...Get rid of Fucking Richard Peddie and things can start to turn around........They actually announced last week, that MLSE is only raising ticket prices on Raptor tickets for next year...they won't be touching the Leafs ticket prices.....even so they are still the most overpriced ticket in the NHL.

kalebarker
03-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Vancouver will end up in 8th and probably not make it out of the first round. No way they play Calgary unfortunetly (us flames fans would like the free pass to the next round) becuase for that to happen they would have to be 3rd and 6th and Colorado will take the division title for sure. I'm worried about the flames, they have one of the best teams for sure but they are inconsistent. They can beat any team but they have lost to ALOT of teams they shouldn't have lost to this year. We will have to see how it unfolds but I see the flames finishing in 6th and Vancouver in 8th with Minnesota in between.

My team in the east is Montreal and they are taking the eastern conference. They really dismantled New Jersey about a week ago and Pittsburgh plays worse with Crosby then they do without him IMO. Montreal is inexperianced so that is what I am worried about, Kovalev is the only one on the team who has won a cup (that I can think of, probably much more then him) and he really isn't much of a leader.

I see Colorado taking the Stanley Cup, other contenders are Detroit, Montreal, San Jose, and New Jersey.

Don't count out Vancouver. All their last games are interdivisional and the Northwest division is up for grabs. Any team the top 4 teams can finish anywhere between 1-4 in it. Minnesota 84 pts 10 games remaining. Calgary 84 points 10 games remaining. Colorado 84 points 9 games remaining. Vancouver 82 point 10 games remaining. I don't see how you think Calgary would have any easy win over over Van. Van is taking the season series 4-1 (one win coming in ot). Plus Van's goaltending has been a hell of alot better this year. Of all the starters that are on the team that are currently in playoff spots in the west Kipprusoff has been the worst and Luongo has been the best. If they do end up playing eachother I'd definitely take a sig bet.

TeddyDaBear
03-18-2008, 12:36 AM
I've never watched a full hockey game.

But is Carolina in the playoffs?

Yes they are. They are in 3rd place in the east but are only that high due to a very weak division. I think the Pens have like 5 or 6 points more than them but division leaders get the top 3 spots in the conference.

kickass32
03-18-2008, 01:13 AM
I've never watched a full hockey game.

But is Carolina in the playoffs?

Yep, Stanley Cup Champs from a couple years ago too!!
Not much of a real shot this year though, especially with Rod Brind'amour out for the season.

Vancouver is lacking in a lot of areas but not in the most important one....goaltending. They have the number 2 goalie in the world, and no matter how weak their offence is......Luongo can win games and series on his own.

kalebarker
03-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Yep, Stanley Cup Champs from a couple years ago too!!
Not much of a real shot this year though, especially with Rod Brind'amour out for the season.

Vancouver is lacking in a lot of areas but not in the most important one....goaltending. They have the number 2 goalie in the world, and no matter how weak their offence is......Luongo can win games and series on his own.

As a van fan I agree. They're definitely lacking in areas. They don't have the ability to grind or play a physical game. At least it seems that way being one of the smaller teams. Their offense, just like last year, will be the least, or close to, scoring offense in the playoffs. But they do have good defense when they're healthy and they do have Luongo so there is a hope. Just a question, who do you consider the top goalie in the world? My guess would be either Brodeur or Gisguere.

kickass32
03-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah I still think Brodeur is the best going today...and IMO the best ever!!
Right now, seriously I say it really more like Brodeur is 1A and Luongo is 1B.
I Know Giguere is good, he's won a cup and a Conn Smythe trophy, but I still wouldn't put him up there with Brodeur and Luongo just yet.

jesusatemyhotdog
03-18-2008, 10:12 PM
My thoughts would be best expressed in pictures:

CAUSE

http://selflaugh.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/red_wings.gif

EFFECT

http://agoldenworld.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/stanley_cup1.jpg

kickass32
03-18-2008, 11:28 PM
I'd be a little worried about the goaltending if I were you Jesus....and Lidstrom....how's his knee coming along?

Steve88
03-19-2008, 03:53 AM
montreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let's goo habs.

backdropbones
03-20-2008, 11:58 PM
Though my favorite team is Boston Bruins they always start off strong then end up sucking ass.

I've become found of the Pittsburgh Penguins over the past couple years and I think this year if any is their best chance in getting into the Stanley Cup Finals.

Though I wouldn't doubt if the Dallas Stars end up there too.

SgtFrenchy
03-21-2008, 03:52 AM
My team is the Bruins and it's going to be damn close. They had a chance tonight against the Canadiens and friggin blew it. Now they have to go and win in Montreal. Good friggin luck! With the offence they have lately, it's going to be tough. I guess Peter Chiarelli's "I have faith in this team" didn't quite work out. They should have picked up some quality offence when they had the chance.

CEVANS
03-21-2008, 10:07 PM
I'd be a little worried about the goaltending if I were you Jesus....and Lidstrom....how's his knee coming along?

lidstrom knee is fine now not worried about him.but hask sucks ass right now and i have never been a osgood fan..i still think they are the top team in the nhl and will take the cup..
GO WINGS GO

jkilla374
03-21-2008, 10:45 PM
My team is the Islanders. I have no idea where they will finish, though they will most likely not make the playoffs. However, they have had a lot of injuries and play in a shithole, and have done better this year then most predicted. I think Ted Nolan is a great coach and we will be fine next year. I'm really hoping for a new arena, b/c the Coliseum is literally the biggest piece of shit arena in professional sports.

kickass32
03-22-2008, 02:30 AM
The Isles of the early 80's...man was that a team....4 straight cups with Bossy, Trottier, Potvin, Smith, et al.....then through their captain highliner jersey phase to the present. I don't mind the Isles, but Milbury's years of mismangement has killed them...they are in some serious trouble, won't make the playoffs, but should get a great draft pick...hopefully Snow won't fuck it up!

Intellectual
03-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Kings are last in the league :(

we have great players but our management is awful.

boaz33
03-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Ever since Scotty Niedermayer, and Teemu Selanne came back the Ducks have been on a tear. If they can get past the Red Wings agian, I can see the cup being brought back to socal.

kickass32
03-23-2008, 07:20 PM
I wouldn't bet against the Ducks...they are pretty stacked from top to bottom. How is Corey Perry's injuries coming along?
I would like to see the NHL get a little more serious with dealing with Pronger's bone-headed moves....8 games for his stomp was ridiculous, especially with a past 7 time criminal!!

TeddyDaBear
03-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Pens dominated the Devils last night and even chased Broduer out of the net in a HUGE game last night. If we can get the 1 spot in the playoffs, i love our chances to get to the finals. The West has some great teams that would make for a great stanley cup final.

kickass32
03-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Pens dominated the Devils last night and even chased Broduer out of the net in a HUGE game last night. If we can get the 1 spot in the playoffs, i love our chances to get to the finals. The West has some great teams that would make for a great stanley cup final.

Man did the Devils ever look like shit!!!
In all honesty, I don't see anyone from the East putting up much of a fight for the Cup. In the West you have the Ducks, Sharks, Stars and 'Wings, hell even the Flames who probably have a far better chance than anyone in the East.
The East you have Montreal, Pittsburgh, Jersey, Ottawa, and possibly the Rangers....none of the Eastern teams are real well-rounded. All have some great aspects to theuir game, but also have some glaring weakness's.
Habs...lots of offence..lack of defence and experience.
Pittsburgh...see Habs and add lack of "quality" goaltending
Jersey...Brodeur can carry them to the finals and win, but lack of scoring is a major concern!
Ottawa....maybe the most balanced team in the East, but boy are they playing like shit right now...goaltending a major concern.

I just don't see the weakness in most of the Top Western teams...Wings have goaltending issues, and the Stars have some offence issues, but the addition of Richards might just make that go away.

neonatural45
03-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Every time I watch the devils play against a top team in the east they get dominated so they are worrying me. I went to the flames last game against Minnesota and they looked great. Hopefully we play Wild or Canucks first round, which seems pretty likely. If it is Vancouver I might be able to drive 15 hours for an away game or two.

In the east Montreal is my favourite team and the one that looks like the best bet at this point.

kickass32
03-25-2008, 01:00 AM
Just a quick glanse on the devils website....they are 9-9 against the top 4 teams in the East, but 0-7 against the Rangers....ouch!!!
They are 4-1 against the top teams in the west, with wins over Dallas, Calgary, SanJose, and Minnesota, and losing to the Ducks 2-1.

tmlfan
03-25-2008, 06:33 AM
leafs... tmlfan ;)

they keep winning prolonging the inevitable (not making the playoffs)

god I wish they traded everyone for picks

kickass32
03-26-2008, 12:55 AM
leafs... tmlfan ;)

they keep winning prolonging the inevitable (not making the playoffs)

god I wish they traded everyone for picks

man did Sundin and Kaberle ever screw them..........Chris Higgins and a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder, for Sundin, and Jeff Carter and a draft pick (forget how high, but something tells me it was a 1st) for Kaberle......pretty fucking good starting point to re-build with!!

tmlfan
03-26-2008, 05:10 AM
man did Sundin and Kaberle ever screw them..........Chris Higgins and a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder, for Sundin, and Jeff Carter and a draft pick (forget how high, but something tells me it was a 1st) for Kaberle......pretty fucking good starting point to re-build with!!

agreed, enough of this mediocrity, just get ride of everyone and start over... at least now (that they lost to Boston tonight) we can get over the "oh they still have a chance"

Paytheplayer
03-26-2008, 05:30 AM
agreed, enough of this mediocrity, just get ride of everyone and start over... at least now (that they lost to Boston tonight) we can get over the "oh they still have a chance"

Hahaha agreed. As a Leafs fan also, about 15 games ago I was saying the same thing. Although you know in the back of your mind theyll never make it, especially because they have to leapfrog Florida, Buffalo and Washington before they even think of getting the last spot, a part of me still thought it could of happened before they lost tonight. Not only did Sundin and Kaberle screw them, but so did Kubina, Tucker and Mccabe. I guarantee there were pretty decent offers even for those 3, especially Tucker. A team like the Wings definitely wanted him.

O well its time for me to hop on the Pens bandwagon now. I love to watch Pittsburgh and Washington play, so exciting. Unless Edmonton somehow makes the playoffs, then I can root for them since I was born there.

tmlfan
03-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Hahaha agreed. As a Leafs fan also, about 15 games ago I was saying the same thing. Although you know in the back of your mind theyll never make it, especially because they have to leapfrog Florida, Buffalo and Washington before they even think of getting the last spot, a part of me still thought it could of happened before they lost tonight. Not only did Sundin and Kaberle screw them, but so did Kubina, Tucker and Mccabe. I guarantee there were pretty decent offers even for those 3, especially Tucker. A team like the Wings definitely wanted him.

O well its time for me to hop on the Pens bandwagon now. I love to watch Pittsburgh and Washington play, so exciting. Unless Edmonton somehow makes the playoffs, then I can root for them since I was born there.

i will just hope for Ottawa to tank again this year, so I dont have to listen to thier fans.

maybe cheer for calgary

damn leafs

TeddyDaBear
03-26-2008, 04:15 PM
another win over the Devils last night...puts us 4 points ahead in the division! The 2 seed is looking pretty good, hopefully we can bust our asses and catch Montreal for number 1. Crosby will prob. be back thurs and I'll be there for his first game with Hossa! LETS GO PENS!!

Paytheplayer
03-26-2008, 06:53 PM
another win over the Devils last night...puts us 4 points ahead in the division! The 2 seed is looking pretty good, hopefully we can bust our asses and catch Montreal for number 1. Crosby will prob. be back thurs and I'll be there for his first game with Hossa! LETS GO PENS!!
I got a question for ya Teddy, seeing as you're a Pens fan. This year has definitely made the Pens my secondary team, theyre so frickin fun to watch. Them and the Capitals. But with Malkins contract expiring soon, we KNOW he'll probably demand an Ovechkin type salary at about 10 mil a year. With him, Crosby and Hossa, theres definitely no chance of holding all 3, and Hossa will obviously be the odd man out. But even holding Crosby and Malkin seems like a stretch. I was thinkin, the Pens have proven they can win without Crosby, and seeing as he's not only the face of the franchise, but the NHL, it would be hard to trade him. But as a Pens fan would you ever consider it? I mean look at what happened when Lindros was the next best thing, he got traded from Quebec to Philly, in a deal that included Forsberg, Ricci among others. That turned Quebec from horrible, to one of the best teams for the next 10 years. God knows you could get ANYTHING for Crosby. What do you think?

Paytheplayer
03-26-2008, 06:56 PM
i will just hope for Ottawa to tank again this year, so I dont have to listen to thier fans.

maybe cheer for calgary

damn leafs

Sorry for the double post but I just noticed this. It says your location is Ottawa, and you hope for the Sens to tank and you're a Leafs fan? I found that strange...but frickin GREAT haha. I try to cheer for other Canadian teams when the Leafs are out, but it makes it hard when every other Canadian team hates the Leafs so much. Last year I found it easier to cheer for the Canadian content of the Ducks rather than root for the Sens

kickass32
03-26-2008, 10:34 PM
I don't think you can trade Crosby if you're the Pens. Crosbyis the face of the NHL and will be for the next 10 years or more. Ovechkin is a great player, very dynamic, but Crosby is THE man....unless you are getting a number 1 pick in a draft year that there is another "sure fire" star, and a bonafide current star, with a few GOOD players thrown in I don't think you can even entertain offers for Crosby.

Devils have officially fallen out of the #1 seed race and will likely face the Sens in round 1.

Why all the Hate for the Sens?? They have 2 of the more exciting players in the league..Spezza and Heatley....great team to watch!!!

tmlfan
03-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Sorry for the double post but I just noticed this. It says your location is Ottawa, and you hope for the Sens to tank and you're a Leafs fan? I found that strange...but frickin GREAT haha. I try to cheer for other Canadian teams when the Leafs are out, but it makes it hard when every other Canadian team hates the Leafs so much. Last year I found it easier to cheer for the Canadian content of the Ducks rather than root for the Sens

Yes I know its strange, but I am from the Oshawa area most of my life, just lived in Ottawa since 2006. So Iv grown to loathe the sens

and to your Pens questions, I agree it would be tough to keep 2 superstars like malkin and crosby, but I think they will find a way

TeddyDaBear
03-26-2008, 11:35 PM
I got a question for ya Teddy, seeing as you're a Pens fan. This year has definitely made the Pens my secondary team, theyre so frickin fun to watch. Them and the Capitals. But with Malkins contract expiring soon, we KNOW he'll probably demand an Ovechkin type salary at about 10 mil a year. With him, Crosby and Hossa, theres definitely no chance of holding all 3, and Hossa will obviously be the odd man out. But even holding Crosby and Malkin seems like a stretch. I was thinkin, the Pens have proven they can win without Crosby, and seeing as he's not only the face of the franchise, but the NHL, it would be hard to trade him. But as a Pens fan would you ever consider it? I mean look at what happened when Lindros was the next best thing, he got traded from Quebec to Philly, in a deal that included Forsberg, Ricci among others. That turned Quebec from horrible, to one of the best teams for the next 10 years. God knows you could get ANYTHING for Crosby. What do you think?

I know what your saying and we would for sure get a TON in return but to answer your question, No chance. Trust me i'm a member to many Penguin forums and the idea has been thrown around and judging by the reactions, I think this town might be in a state of emergency if it where to happen. The talent in return would be great but in my opinion, players like Crosby are very rare and I'm not trying to be a homer but when i think Crosby, i think Gretzky and Lemiuex...i can't say that about Ovechkin.

As far as Malkin goes, i really think we will be able to keep him. He's said numerous times he loves Pittsburgh and he does not want an Ovechkin type conract. Of course he may just be speaking politcally correct but I beleive him.

As far as I'm concered Hossa is a goner after this season unless we win the cup. I hate to see it but that frees up 7 mil. if we want to get another winger in free agency. Another guy i am worried about losing is Ryan Malone. That guy does it all. He is (IMO) the reason the Malone-Malkin-Sykora line is playing so well. He's a Pittsburgh boy though so hopefully he takes a hometown discount:grinsmile1:

kickass32
03-27-2008, 12:13 AM
The Pens need to spend that 7 mill from Hossa, and get some defensive help!!

TeddyDaBear
03-27-2008, 12:35 AM
The Pens need to spend that 7 mill from Hossa, and get some defensive help!!

I disagree to an extent...our D is kind of inconsistent. Ryan Whitney is as soft as butter and honestly he makes whoever he is paired with worse. Gonchar is obviously great offensively and on the PP but he is very underrated in his own zone. Sure he makes a bad turnover every now and then but who doesn't? Brooks Orpik is top 5 in the league in hits and is a nice solid defender. Letang is sick offensively and plays decent D for an under sized 22 year old. Hal Gill has been great beleive it or not since the trade, i think he's like a +3 or +4 which I'll take. Rob Scuderi and Daryl Sydor are also pretty solid IMO, not much offensively but they block shots and Scuds uses his stick well on D so I don't mind them either. With that being said, they need to put it all together EVERY game not 3 outta 5 and shit like that. If anything, I say get rid of Whitney for a Defensive minded D man. Shit, Whitney played the wing last night thats how bad his D is...:wacko:

neonatural45
03-27-2008, 12:45 AM
I went to the flames game last night, best game Ive been to this year. Hell of a comeback against the nucks

kickass32
03-27-2008, 02:30 AM
I disagree to an extent...our D is kind of inconsistent. Ryan Whitney is as soft as butter and honestly he makes whoever he is paired with worse. Gonchar is obviously great offensively and on the PP but he is very underrated in his own zone. Sure he makes a bad turnover every now and then but who doesn't? Brooks Orpik is top 5 in the league in hits and is a nice solid defender. Letang is sick offensively and plays decent D for an under sized 22 year old. Hal Gill has been great beleive it or not since the trade, i think he's like a +3 or +4 which I'll take. Rob Scuderi and Daryl Sydor are also pretty solid IMO, not much offensively but they block shots and Scuds uses his stick well on D so I don't mind them either. With that being said, they need to put it all together EVERY game not 3 outta 5 and shit like that. If anything, I say get rid of Whitney for a Defensive minded D man. Shit, Whitney played the wing last night thats how bad his D is...:wacko:

I'll give ya my 2 cents..obviously you see more Penguins games than I do...I assume anyways...I only get to see about 10-15 games a year...but anyaways..........

From what I've seen, Gonchar is great on the PP, but struggles a lot in his own zone...Whitney, I concur with your assesment, however, i do think with his age, he has a fairly big upside...remember, Ed Jovanovski struggled pretty big his first few years too, now look at him.
Sydor has loads of experience, but he looks pretty broken down..honestly never really thought much of hisdefencsive ability.
Gill is great for you if he's used in the 4th or 5th defenceman;s role....Gill, I think can still play.
Orpikand Letang..I'll have to take you at your assesment...don't know enough to disagree with you there......
All in all, there is no real D man there that can control the flow of a game, or really take charge......That's what I mean when i say they need to spend some of the 7 mill to help out on D...........having said all that, if you can play a good team defensive game, that can certainly make your 6 regular defencemen look that much better.

TeddyDaBear
03-27-2008, 04:01 PM
I went to the flames game last night, best game Ive been to this year. Hell of a comeback against the nucks

Didn't they chase Luongo out of the game?

Paytheplayer
03-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Didn't they chase Luongo out of the game?

No that was the Colorado/Canucks game last night. Colorado won 6-3, I was hoping the Canucks could win and keep Edmontons hopes alive. But with Edmonton losing and Colorado winning they seem to have the same chance the Leafs do now. Zero.

Is Crosby suiting up tonight? I cant wait to see how him and Hossa do on a line together...and from what I hear they're playing them with Pascal Dupuis. I can't believe how deep Pittsburgh is now, get a more reliable goalie than Conklin or Fleury, and you have a SERIOUS cup contender. Because Conklin may be hot, but how long is it going to last?

kickass32
03-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Yes Crosby will be in the line-up tonight.

Paytheplayer
03-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Good shit I gotta go somewhere and watch is since my shitty Cogeco doesn't get the game. I get the pleasure of watching Toronto vs Boston, and its not even in HD.

As for the sens hate, if it were all up to me I'd have them and the Leafs get along. Peace on earth. I hate to hate Canadian teams, and the only reason I ever do is because no matter who Im talking to or who they root for, if they dont root for the Leafs then they hate them. Personally I like to see canadian teams succeed. Other than that, GO PENS GO WASHINGTON, 2 most exciting teams right now IMO

TeddyDaBear
03-28-2008, 07:31 AM
i was at the game tonight and it was awesome...Sid and Hossa didn't do much but i wasn't expecting much in the first game. Crosby's timing still isnt there since the ankle injury but WOW, once they get some ice time together...i feel sorry for any opponent. You can see the threat is there but they just can't put it together yet. And to answer the goalie situation, it has actually flopped...Conklin has struggled lately and Fluery has won like 6 of 7 with a real nice G.A.A. I know it's only a few games but he has played like the kid we expected when we took him 1st overall and if he can carry it into the playoffs, look out.

kickass32
03-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Are they selling out there in Pittsburgh?? What are the crowds like?

TeddyDaBear
03-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Are they selling out there in Pittsburgh?? What are the crowds like?

oh yeah. they broke attendence records last year and i think this year shattered it. Playoff tickets sold out in 12 minutes last year and they went on sale today so i'm curious to see how fast they went this year....as i was leaving the game last night i saw people setting up thier tents lol.

This city loves this team and they bring the noise and emotion with them every night too....can't wait til playoffs!!

Paytheplayer
03-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Im still hoping for a first round Pittsburgh vs Washington matchup could you imagine the hype? Sid vs Ovechkin or even Malkin vs Ovechkin? Two most exciting teams in the league IMO, although it wouldn't be bad for them to draw other opponents and then face eachother second round, so its atleast a little more deep, a little more intense.

Here's hoping Boston and Philly flop and we get to see the caps squeak in. Let's be honest, nobody on earth, even in Boston wants to see the Bruins in the playoffs.

kickass32
03-28-2008, 09:50 PM
You'd be suprised....Boston/Montreal is a HUGE rivalry, and if Montreal gets top spot and face Boston...it's pretty big...the Habs will love it, seeing as they've owned the Bruins this year!

neonatural45
03-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Oh ya I forgot to mention, I got to go to the locker room after the flames beat the canucks.... hell of an experience. They are all really nice guys (except Cujo).

kickass32
03-29-2008, 02:29 AM
That's cool!!! Suprised to here you say that about Cujo.....both times I met him he was amazing...friendly, outgoing and very personable.

neonatural45
03-29-2008, 05:43 AM
That's cool!!! Suprised to here you say that about Cujo.....both times I met him he was amazing...friendly, outgoing and very personable.

Well he might have been in a bad mood, most back up goalies that I have met after a game havent been the happiest customers becuase they don't feel like they have taken part in the victory.

When the flames have won the only players I have ever met that haven't been that nice are the backup goalies or Oliwa after he got his ass kicked in a game by Laraque, I met him a different time and he was a great guy.

kickass32
03-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Well he might have been in a bad mood, most back up goalies that I have met after a game havent been the happiest customers becuase they don't feel like they have taken part in the victory.

When the flames have won the only players I have ever met that haven't been that nice are the backup goalies or Oliwa after he got his ass kicked in a game by Laraque, I met him a different time and he was a great guy.

Yeah you could be right....both times I met him were away from the rink.

Paytheplayer
03-29-2008, 06:24 PM

Same thing when Cujo played for the Leafs, I met him before a game one time to sign autographs. He came over, I asked him a question, he didnt even look up, just signed and walked away. I was soooo happy when he left for the Wings for a cup and got knocked out first round. :laughing4:

Thats true about the Bruins, Habs rivalry. But I mean, aside from the easy first round bye that whoever finishes first would have, THEN nobody wants them in the post season. Besides, I think Washington may have the advantage when it comes to the schedule.
Washington has the Panthers twice, who by one more loss are mathematically eliminated (I think), Lightning, and the Canes. Where Boston has the sens twice, Devils, and the Sabres twice.

TeddyDaBear
04-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Went to the Pens game last night....wow, one of the best games i've been to in a long time. Not only did we beat they CRYers in a game where they tried goon-ing it up, but we won the division in the process. The arena was electric.

I don't know if other teams do this but the Penguins have what is called "Shirts off our backs" night and its a fan aprreciation night where they give away all kinds of stuff thru out the game then when it's over, the players stay and fans get raffled to come onto the ice and take the jersey literally off the players back and the guys sign it and what not. It was awesome.

I really think the Pens are coming together at the right time. The PP was 4/6 last night which is awesome and the PK was like 1/5 i believe. Special teams are very important come playoff time and add that to us playing great team defense lately....wow i'm pumped for the playoffs.

kickass32
04-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I am beginning to be a believer....I was skeptical with pittsburgh's defence and goaltending...but both seem to be holding up........maybe they are for real..........

Paytheplayer
04-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I am beginning to be a believer....I was skeptical with pittsburgh's defence and goaltending...but both seem to be holding up........maybe they are for real..........

Hahaha its funny Im beginning to become opposite. I was a believer in the Pens, and its sorta turning on me. TSN has broadcast the last 3 Pens games. Although they went 2-1 against the Rangers twice and Flyers, I felt like they were playing down to their opponents. It seems like Crosby coming back is taking a little time to start gelling than I thought. Mind you, once it clicks I feel like it'll be thunderous, but I think they just have to find the right chemistry.

TeddyDaBear
04-04-2008, 03:37 AM
Hahaha its funny Im beginning to become opposite. I was a believer in the Pens, and its sorta turning on me. TSN has broadcast the last 3 Pens games. Although they went 2-1 against the Rangers twice and Flyers, I felt like they were playing down to their opponents. It seems like Crosby coming back is taking a little time to start gelling than I thought. Mind you, once it clicks I feel like it'll be thunderous, but I think they just have to find the right chemistry.

i dont know if you watched the game last night or not but...i think last night was that gelling finally starting to happen. The Flyers just don't seem to understand that if u run at Sid, it only pisses him off. They ran at him early last night and he took over the game and had two goals.

Also, lets not forget the Rangers are one of the best defensive teams in the league and both them and the flyers are really battling for seeding in the playoffs so you have to take that into account when u judges these performances.

kickass32
04-04-2008, 08:16 AM

I hear ya, I just figure there is enough talent on that team that they will beable to score goals...that shouldn't be a problem. I thought all along that their defence and goaltending would let them down, as it is the Penguins weakness (on paper) But down the stretch, they've pulled their shit together, and they look like they are finally getting it...defence wins Championships.
We'll have to wait and see if they can keep it together in the playoffs, when everybody takes it up a notch.

Paytheplayer
04-04-2008, 10:02 PM
i dont know if you watched the game last night or not but...i think last night was that gelling finally starting to happen. The Flyers just don't seem to understand that if u run at Sid, it only pisses him off. They ran at him early last night and he took over the game and had two goals.

Also, lets not forget the Rangers are one of the best defensive teams in the league and both them and the flyers are really battling for seeding in the playoffs so you have to take that into account when u judges these performances.
Trust me I saw that Flyers game. I think my expectations for the Pens right now are here ^, and to me theyre playing around -. Not a bad thing, Im just saying I know they can do better, and itll be scary once it starts to click. Just because Sid and Malkin scored, doesn't mean they are necessarily gelling yet. I think once they hit that top gear, they'll be impossible to stop. I don't mean just them 2 specifically, but the whole team with the depth they have.

I don't see any teams in the EAST that are standing out right now. You have Pens, Habs, Devils who in my eyes are the real contenders, and then there's everybody else. I'd love to see the Caps make it and do well, but I don't exactly think they will be a Cup threat. I dont think the EAST can compare to the WEST's top dogs with Detroit, Anaheim and San Jose. Totally different styles. When EAST plays you usually play the over, and its opposite for WEST.
Anyways, now that my team is out, Go Pens

kickass32
04-05-2008, 07:39 AM
The West has 3 serious Cup contenders.......Anahiem, San Jose, Detroit.
I would also say that Calgary and Dallas has as good as, if not better shot than any team in the East.
The East, in my mind, doesn't have 1 SERIOUS contender.....They may end up winning, just to make me look like a dick, but I just don't see any team in the East matching up well with the top 4 or 5 teams in the West.

Paytheplayer
04-06-2008, 08:57 AM
The West has 3 serious Cup contenders.......Anahiem, San Jose, Detroit.
I would also say that Calgary and Dallas has as good as, if not better shot than any team in the East.
The East, in my mind, doesn't have 1 SERIOUS contender.....They may end up winning, just to make me look like a dick, but I just don't see any team in the East matching up well with the top 4 or 5 teams in the West.

Exactly. Like I said the threats in the East have to be the Devils, only because of Marty Brodeur, and then Pittsburgh, and then Montreal. Caps in my mind are a cinderella story, but I dont see them making it to the finals. Rangers....maybe second round but thats as far as they go. I dont even need to talk about Boston or Philly. Overall, I dont see any of the 3 East contenders even coming close to matching up with the top 3 west. Dallas has to get by Anaheim first round, so I dont really count them as a threat. Anything is possible but i think very unlikely. I wouldn't mind seeing Calgary do well, and they can if they draw Minnesota first round, but if Colorado wins tomorrow, then they drop to 7th and draw San Jose first round.

TeddyDaBear
04-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Let the playoffs begin!!

Kind of wished we could have won the conference and played Philly but i am still confident against the Sens. Pens in 6 games IMO

kickass32
04-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Here are my predictions:

Montreal over Boston in 5
Pittsburgh over Ottawa in 6
Caps over Flyers in 7
Jersey over Rangers in 7

Detroit over Nashville in 5
SanJose over Calgary in 7
Colorado over Minnesota in 6
Ducks over Stars in 7

Paytheplayer
04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Here are my predictions:

Montreal over Boston in 5
Pittsburgh over Ottawa in 6
Caps over Flyers in 7
Jersey over Rangers in 7

Detroit over Nashville in 5
SanJose over Calgary in 7
Colorado over Minnesota in 6
Ducks over Stars in 7

I was gonna post predictions but I would basically have the same ones. The only iffy one is the Ranger series, I might have to take the Rangers in 7. Season series was 7-1 Rangers, but I see Marty stealing a couple for the Devils. I also don't see the Flames taking the Sharks to 7, i'd like to say 5 but ill play it safe and go 6b:confusedsmilie:

Let the playoffs begin!!

Kind of wished we could have won the conference and played Philly but i am still confident against the Sens. Pens in 6 games IMO
I wouldn't worry too much about the Sens. Maybe the Sens during the first 20 of the season but not anymore. I figured their only chance was to draw Washington outta the top 4, and even that would be a tall task. Pens have the advantage all over the place IMO

TeddyDaBear
04-07-2008, 07:25 PM
yeah i'm taking the Rangers also. I think the Wild will beat the Avs also

Steve88
04-07-2008, 08:44 PM
let there be a montreal pittsburgh conference finals please!

montreal for the cup!!!!!!!!!!

TeddyDaBear
04-07-2008, 09:08 PM
let there be a montreal pittsburgh conference finals please!

montreal for the cup!!!!!!!!!!

I like the way you think. Minus the Montreal part haha but i do agree that would be a sick series.

Paytheplayer
04-08-2008, 06:32 PM
I like the way you think. Minus the Montreal part haha but i do agree that would be a sick series.

No doubt that would be an amazing series. If the first round goes Montreal over Boston, Pitts beats Ott, Washington beats Philly and NYR beat NJ, that means we get to see Pitts vs Washington second round, and then potentially Montreal vs Pitts for the East finals. I'd LOVE to see the Ovechkin Crosby matchup second round.

kickass32
04-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Man my Devils just can't seem to beat those damn Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pens looked mighty impressive tonight!!!

TeddyDaBear
04-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Man my Devils just can't seem to beat those damn Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pens looked mighty impressive tonight!!!

hell yeah they did. Nice to see Scary Gary Roberts keeping up his reputation of a "Sens Killer"..our best lines were the 3rd and 4th lines which is exactly what we need to make a long run in the playoffs because you know Crosby's and Malkin's line will be spectacular. Fleury is playing as good as any goalie there is which excites me the most. Only flaw from last night was going 1/5 on the PP but as long as we get the win i'm ok.

Paytheplayer
04-10-2008, 06:13 PM
hell yeah they did. Nice to see Scary Gary Roberts keeping up his reputation of a "Sens Killer"..our best lines were the 3rd and 4th lines which is exactly what we need to make a long run in the playoffs because you know Crosby's and Malkin's line will be spectacular. Fleury is playing as good as any goalie there is which excites me the most. Only flaw from last night was going 1/5 on the PP but as long as we get the win i'm ok.

Yeah I saw that PP I think they might need to spread it out a bit. For the first PP I saw Crosby, Hossa, Malkin, Malone and Gonchar. I mean holy shit if that clicks watch out, but at first it seemed a bit over anxious. If Volchenkov is out then thats a huge blow to the sens. Not that anybody is giving them much of a chance anyways.

It was good seeing Roberts do what he does best, kinda hurts seeing him do it for another team but atleast its the pens.

TeddyDaBear
04-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Yeah I saw that PP I think they might need to spread it out a bit. For the first PP I saw Crosby, Hossa, Malkin, Malone and Gonchar. I mean holy shit if that clicks watch out, but at first it seemed a bit over anxious. If Volchenkov is out then thats a huge blow to the sens. Not that anybody is giving them much of a chance anyways.

It was good seeing Roberts do what he does best, kinda hurts seeing him do it for another team but atleast its the pens.

I think they over pass a little bit on the PP sometimes. When they went on a tear mid season, it was just Gonch at the point firing and Malone putting rebounds in and it worked like a charm...now it seems like they pass it around too much without getting shots off and then they turn it over and it gets cleared.

Mac
04-10-2008, 07:05 PM
In best Jim Mora voice: Playoffs?!

Yay, we get the #4 overall draft pick.

Paytheplayer
04-10-2008, 07:31 PM
In best Jim Mora voice: Playoffs?!

Yay, we get the #4 overall draft pick.

St.Louis? That makes you the second St.Louis Blues fan that I have ever seen lol.

But as for the Pens PP yeah I noticed the same thing. Over passing. Problem is, every single guy on that PP line 1 can shoot the puck, I think they need to be setting up a little bit more 1,2's or even 1, 2 3s rather than making every pass possible to finally find a wide open net. Unnecessary. They should just keep their regular lines 1 and 2 for the 2 powerplays.

I saw a clip in the pregame of a game earlier this season where Crosby got decked, and Malkin jumped in and fought for him. I gotta say, my respect for Malkin just skyrocketed after I saw that.

TeddyDaBear
04-10-2008, 09:34 PM
St.Louis? That makes you the second St.Louis Blues fan that I have ever seen lol.

But as for the Pens PP yeah I noticed the same thing. Over passing. Problem is, every single guy on that PP line 1 can shoot the puck, I think they need to be setting up a little bit more 1,2's or even 1, 2 3s rather than making every pass possible to finally find a wide open net. Unnecessary. They should just keep their regular lines 1 and 2 for the 2 powerplays.

I saw a clip in the pregame of a game earlier this season where Crosby got decked, and Malkin jumped in and fought for him. I gotta say, my respect for Malkin just skyrocketed after I saw that.

Oh yea for sure. The commrodity (sp?) on this team is unbelieveable. Last night Crosby was gettin whacked in front of the net by Redden and after the whistle blew...Ryan Whitney went over and dropped the gloves and beat the living piss out of Wade Redden, and Whitney NEVER fights.It's a really encouraging thing to see and the whole team does it.

neonatural45
04-11-2008, 04:44 AM
watching the flames game right now ;)

I think Montreal takes the east, beating Pittsburgh or NYR in the finals. No idea what is up with the west, its all so close over here.

Afro
04-11-2008, 04:46 AM
Go Flames!!!!

neonatural45
04-11-2008, 04:51 AM
Go Flames!!!!

a hockey fan?
not only a hockey fan but a flames fan?
Im Impressed

and fuck, they scored

kickass32
04-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Wow...Dallas looked good tonight.....so did Montreal...and YES the Sharks are back in it....but Kiprisoff looked fucking great again...kinda a soft 1st goal but he bounced back....Nabakov also looked fantastic.
Man the west is so wide open...they just might beat the piss out of each other and allow the East to slide in there and steal the Cup!

Paytheplayer
04-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Wow...Dallas looked good tonight.....so did Montreal...and YES the Sharks are back in it....but Kiprisoff looked fucking great again...kinda a soft 1st goal but he bounced back....Nabakov also looked fantastic.
Man the west is so wide open...they just might beat the piss out of each other and allow the East to slide in there and steal the Cup!

Dallas definitely impressed me I didnt expect that at all. Ducks are missing Perry right now like crazy though.
Go Flames, but fuck enough with the damn penalties and crying about it. I think I saw one penalty, a cross check, that shouldn't have been called and that was about it.

I can't wait to see Washington open tonight. Such a great team to watch, thats why I love the east. Montreal, Pittsburgh and Washington such exciting teams. Hopefully Pens can go up 2-0, I hate the damn Sens.
Definitely think its going to be Pens and Habs in the east finals. Pens are looking like the better team so far, we'll have to see what happens when Koivu comes back though.

boaz33
04-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Dallas definitely impressed me I didnt expect that at all. Ducks are missing Perry right now like crazy though.
Go Flames, but fuck enough with the damn penalties and crying about it. I think I saw one penalty, a cross check, that shouldn't have been called and that was about it.

I can't wait to see Washington open tonight. Such a great team to watch, thats why I love the east. Montreal, Pittsburgh and Washington such exciting teams. Hopefully Pens can go up 2-0, I hate the damn Sens.
Definitely think its going to be Pens and Habs in the east finals. Pens are looking like the better team so far, we'll have to see what happens when Koivu comes back though.

Ducks are for sure missing Perry but, they're taking way to many stupid penalties. The Ducks are a better team than Dallas I still think they can turn it around but they better shape up quick.

Paytheplayer
04-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Ducks are for sure missing Perry but, they're taking way to many stupid penalties. The Ducks are a better team than Dallas I still think they can turn it around but they better shape up quick.

So true, and Giguere has been WAY off his game. He's a big guy, he usually takes away most of the net but so far through the first 2 games he's looked small. By no way is the blame only on him though, the Ducks are playing themselves out of the playoffs right now. Hard to tell whether its Dallas stepping up, or Anaheim stepping back.

Can't believe that Calgary game last night either what a game. I think that had to be the game of the playoffs so far, I love the sea of red.

kickass32
04-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Corey Sarich's hit on Patrick marleau was the beginning of the tide turning last night....up until that point, San Jose had all the momentum...and then Clowe ( I think it was him anyway) took the stupid roughing penalty for going after Sarich......beutiful, clean hit....save the revenge for another time jackass!!!

Carey Price....man the more I watch this kid, the more impressed I get. This kid is the real deal, and possibly the heir apparent to Brodeur!!

neonatural45
04-15-2008, 01:33 AM
i went to that flames game, hell of a game. Probably one of the best to go to all year. The best would still be Montreal's comeback from being down 5-0 to win in a shootout

TeddyDaBear
04-15-2008, 06:29 AM
Pens are the shit. I'm so happy we're manhandling Cryin Bryan Murray and the Sens.

Paytheplayer
04-15-2008, 06:40 PM
i went to that flames game, hell of a game. Probably one of the best to go to all year. The best would still be Montreal's comeback from being down 5-0 to win in a shootout

WOW What a game to go to I guess eh? Especially if you're a Flames fan which obviously you are. As soon as Marleau got demolished I wouldnt have sat down. The crowd seemed so deflated up until that hit, and then you could tell it was over for San Jose right after that.

As for Carey Price, Im still in shock over the whole Huet trade, which now seems to be genious. He looks 10X more solid than Huet so far, mind you Huet only played 2 games and Price 3. But is it me, or does he not seem like more of a great positional goalie. I havent seen him make any really spectacular saves, more of just being center of the net all of the time. Montreal fans must be ecstatic over him and the future.

I still can't believe that Murray accused the Pens of losing on purpose so they could face them. I dont know, it seems like he sorta throws his own team under the bus like that. To publicly accuse a team of purposely losing, so they could face his crap team? Atleast it was a good choice to fire Paddock right? Haha no change, still the same crap team.
Whats funny to me is how all of the analysts are saying "what will it take to light Crosbys fire?" Um, didnt he have 4 assists in game 2? Since when is 4 points in a game, a bad game? Plus, not being 100 percent might have something to do with it.
The thing about the Pens, is that even when malkin seemed to be shut down for most of the night, someone else always seems to step up in place. A part of me wishes they were a little less deep, only so Jordan Stall could play more of an offensive part. He's got some sick potential

kickass32
04-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Whats funny to me is how all of the analysts are saying "what will it take to light Crosbys fire?" Um, didnt he have 4 assists in game 2? Since when is 4 points in a game, a bad game? Plus, not being 100 percent might have something to do with it.

I agree with you, but....all 4 assists were second assists...sometimes the second assist is handed out a little too generously......but even when Crosby isn't scoring, he is still doing the little things that make him great....nice goal too the short side last night to put another nail in the Sens coffin.

TeddyDaBear
04-16-2008, 05:58 AM
I agree with you, but....all 4 assists were second assists...sometimes the second assist is handed out a little too generously......but even when Crosby isn't scoring, he is still doing the little things that make him great....nice goal too the short side last night to put another nail in the Sens coffin.

Crosby's the kind of kid who doesn't need stroked when he plays well. The night he had 4 assists, he wasn't even one of the 3 Stars that night. I agree with you both, but even though they where second assists...he was basically the main reason the goals happened. The kid is freakishly strong in his legs and the plays he keeps alive are incredible.

Paytheplayer, i hear ya bro, Staal has so much upside its ridiculous but u know what, this team is so deep i think it will benefit him in the long run not having to be the go to guy right now. He is one of the best two way players in the league and in the playoffs he's winning over 60% of his draws...don't want to be too premature on this one but he reminds me of a young Brind'amour

Paytheplayer
04-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Crosby's the kind of kid who doesn't need stroked when he plays well. The night he had 4 assists, he wasn't even one of the 3 Stars that night. I agree with you both, but even though they where second assists...he was basically the main reason the goals happened. The kid is freakishly strong in his legs and the plays he keeps alive are incredible.

Paytheplayer, i hear ya bro, Staal has so much upside its ridiculous but u know what, this team is so deep i think it will benefit him in the long run not having to be the go to guy right now. He is one of the best two way players in the league and in the playoffs he's winning over 60% of his draws...don't want to be too premature on this one but he reminds me of a young Brind'amour

I agree 100 percent. The problem is the off-season. I dont know too much about Stall's personality or anything, but if they are able to somehow keep the the top 2 lines, I can see Stall eventually saying "I want to be a bigger part of this team" God knows he can play defense, as well as offense, and his 12 goals and 28 points are sure as hell not going to help his marketability (?) I heard rumours of him possibily being involved in a Sundin trade before the deadline, I was ecstatic, i would have loved to see Stall in leafs uniform personally. O well we ended up with 100th round draft picks instead.

On another Pens good note, it looks like Fleury is starting to find his stride which made him number 1 pick. Hopefully it lasts and its not a streak.

TeddyDaBear
04-17-2008, 03:58 AM
Get Out The Brooms!!

Let's Go Pens

Paytheplayer
04-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Get Out The Brooms!!

Let's Go Pens
Hopefully Washington can step it up tonight and even the series back up. I would way rather see the Pens face the Caps rather than the Rangers. Not only because I think they'll have a way easier time with the Caps, but I need to see the Ovechkin vs Malkin matchup. Should be Crosby but with the season he had, and the one Malkin had it sorta did a flip flop.
Rangers would be a tough task, I think the Pens can pull it off either way but Caps would be the way to go.

Haha I love seeing the Wings struggle again, I still think they're going to pull out of the first round, but second round theyll be goners.

TeddyDaBear
04-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Hopefully Washington can step it up tonight and even the series back up. I would way rather see the Pens face the Caps rather than the Rangers. Not only because I think they'll have a way easier time with the Caps, but I need to see the Ovechkin vs Malkin matchup. Should be Crosby but with the season he had, and the one Malkin had it sorta did a flip flop.
Rangers would be a tough task, I think the Pens can pull it off either way but Caps would be the way to go.

Haha I love seeing the Wings struggle again, I still think they're going to pull out of the first round, but second round theyll be goners.

Yeah i agree totally. I would LOVE to see the CRAPitals because if u watch how disgruntled philly is making ovechkin its comical. Not to mention i think we blow them away talent wise. The Rangers are a different story though. Henrik is playing lights out right now but at the same time,so is Fleury. But i've said it time and time again...there is not a team in the East that i can honestly look at and say, "oh, they would beat the Pens 4 games out of 7"....no way

kickass32
04-18-2008, 12:36 AM
I LOVE how the Flyers are taking it to Ovechkin!!
Not saying he's having a horrible series....but history is on the side of "you play physical against Ovechkin, he disappears"....thats what team Canada did to him in the World Juniors a few years ago, and he was a non factor.
I do think he's matured mentally and physically since then though, and he looks far from intimedated (the way he was @ the WJHC)

It's sad to say, but I think my Devils are just about done...they looked and played like shit last night, and even Marty Brodeur is looking average!!

Paytheplayer
04-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah i agree totally. I would LOVE to see the CRAPitals because if u watch how disgruntled philly is making ovechkin its comical. Not to mention i think we blow them away talent wise. The Rangers are a different story though. Henrik is playing lights out right now but at the same time,so is Fleury. But i've said it time and time again...there is not a team in the East that i can honestly look at and say, "oh, they would beat the Pens 4 games out of 7"....no way

No I definitely think the Pens are the heavy favourite in the East. Montreal is looking shaky, and if anybody is going to give the Pens a go its 100 percent the Rangers. I think Montreal can take a few, but not 4. I think its the west that the Pens will eventually have to worry about in the finals.

Im an Ovechkin fan, so I've been rooting for the Caps. Im just a fan of dynamic players in general, which made me become a Pens fan also. I could really care less who wins the Flyers, Caps series, Id just rather watch a Caps game rather than a Flyers game.
Im going to game 5 In Detroit tonight with amazing seats. A bit of a bummer, seeing as I HATE the Wings, and i'd rather see any team in the league besides Nashville, but regardless go preds

MYboyBISPING
04-20-2008, 05:36 PM
12w to go yeah buddy!

Paytheplayer
04-21-2008, 04:36 AM
I went to game 5 of the Wings/Preds series at the Joe, and all I have to say is that Detroit must be the worst team on earth to watch. It's not the only wings game i've been to, but this edition is especially boring. (The Stars just scored as I speak to make it 2-1 over Ducks) Anyways, the wings outshot them like 50-20 after regulation, and id rather watch elementary school soccer than watch this Red Wings team. They dominated, but every shot they took was at Ellis' chest, and it was just a horrible, boring display of hockey. I dont get to see a lot of Western conference teams during the regular season, but is that how most of the teams are? I know San Jose, Anaheim, even Dallas are all teams where more often than not, you would pick the under. You never expect a lot of action or goals. Anyways, Wings will be out next round anyways so I shouldn't care so much.

kickass32
04-21-2008, 10:46 AM
There will be a new Stanley Cup champ this year....bye bye Ducks!!!!!!

Paytheplayer
04-21-2008, 06:49 PM
The door is wide open for the Pens to take it. With all of the power houses in the West to start the playoffs, it's looking like they're slacking off. I think now Dallas is looking like the team to beat in the West, and Pens definitely have what it takes to beat them if they make it there. With Anaheim gone, San Jose showing a whole lot of weakness, and Detroit playing the way they are, it seems to me like Pittsburgh is the strongest team right now, as long as their goaltending stays afloat.

kickass32
04-22-2008, 12:24 AM
IF SanJose gets by Calgary tomorrow night...I say they are the fav to win.
I still see a few small holes in Detroit, but Osgood came in and saved the day.....
Pittsburgh may be in some trouble in round 2, depending who they play....the long layoff could cost them.

Steve88
04-22-2008, 05:18 AM
FUCK YES MONTREAL 5-0 YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

CAREY PRICE IS SICK SICK SICK

ok sorry for caps but im losing my shit im soo hyped up

Paytheplayer
04-22-2008, 06:20 PM
IF SanJose gets by Calgary tomorrow night...I say they are the fav to win.
I still see a few small holes in Detroit, but Osgood came in and saved the day.....
Pittsburgh may be in some trouble in round 2, depending who they play....the long layoff could cost them.

I think San Jose would have been the fave to win but they have been playing sub par against Calgary. Not to take anything away from the Flames, but San Jose hasn't been playing like they can, and I just think if that continues, and they win game 7, then theyll have a tougher time against Dallas.

I might be biased because I hate Detroit, but I dont think that Osgood saved the day IMO. He came in game 5 and had like 20 shots against him, all were basically dump ins. Then game 6, once again he had 20 shots against, in another game where slap shots from the point with no traffic in front seemed to be the theme. By the way I hate Osgood more than I hate the wings,and I hate Chelios more than I hate anything on earth. So that might factor into my opinions.

All I have to say for tonight, is go Caps and go Flames. I seriously do not want to see the Flyers anymore this post season. They are probably near the bottom of the barrel when it comes to teams Im excited to watch. Id rather see a Pens/Caps matchup next round rather than Habs/Flyers.

kickass32
04-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Hasek was allowing some cheap goals, and Osgood comes in and slams the door....1 goal in the last 2 games.....with his own team doing very little offensivly
The Flyers have been playing awesome...very exciting hockey. I'm glad the Caps are out....I was getting sick of the Ovechkin bandwagon!!!!

TeddyDaBear
04-23-2008, 04:19 PM
I am not excited for round 2. I was hoping to avoid the Rangers for as long as possible but oh well. I still think the Pens take it in 6 games but it will be a tough ass series.

Paytheplayer
04-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I am not excited for round 2. I was hoping to avoid the Rangers for as long as possible but oh well. I still think the Pens take it in 6 games but it will be a tough ass series.

I was thinkin the same thing. I was soooo hoping for a Caps, Pens matchup. I think whoever wins the Rangers/Pens series is the contender from the East, with it most likely and hopefully being the Pens. Canadiens were showing a lot of weakness, especially when the Bruins decided to get physical. Playing against a very physical Flyer team, with even more offensive weapons, they have their hands full.

kickass32
04-23-2008, 09:53 PM
The question is can the Flyers defence keep up with the Hab's speed? I know they managed alright against Ovechkin and the Caps, but there were times Ovechkin made them look old and slow.
I'm hoping for an all Penn st. eastern final with the Flyers and Pitt
Hopefully the old rivalry with Colorado and Detroit is rekindled and we see some "down and dirty" slug it out hockey.

Steve88
04-23-2008, 11:26 PM
i really don't think the flyers can keep up with the habs now.. they basically killed themselves trying to catch ovechkin for 7 games and now they have to deal with more than just 1 or 2 guys with that kind of speed...

philly is gonna kill itself with penalties.. mark my words.

WinnipegRush
04-24-2008, 12:50 AM
K second round is going to be Rangers, Philly for east and for west its going to be san jose, Colorado. And i'm picking rangers and Philly because every team i wanted to win got knocked off first round.

Paytheplayer
04-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Habs and Pens would be a great series. If I have to watch the Flyers in the semi-finals im going to puke. I dont hate the Flyers, I hate Downie, and he used to play for my hometown Spitfires too. Cant stand the guy. Same reason I have to hate on the Rangers. Avery wins = me unhappy. He's a pathetic joke.

kickass32
04-25-2008, 01:26 AM
Habs and Pens would be a great series. If I have to watch the Flyers in the semi-finals im going to puke. I dont hate the Flyers, I hate Downie, and he used to play for my hometown Spitfires too. Cant stand the guy. Same reason I have to hate on the Rangers. Avery wins = me unhappy. He's a pathetic joke.

Although I love watching the physical brand of hockey the Flyers play, I agree with you on Downie...he's a fucking tool with 0 respect for his fellow players!!!
I'm with you on Avery as well!!!!! a fucking clown who is an embarresment to the league!!

WinnipegRush
04-25-2008, 02:31 AM
I do not understand how you guys can hate Avery he is a great player and is amazing at his job.

TeddyDaBear
04-25-2008, 06:10 AM
I do not understand how you guys can hate Avery he is a great player and is amazing at his job.

What's his job? Being an annoying little runt? He's a decent hockey player don't get me wrong, but he's a little bitch

Steve88
04-25-2008, 02:16 PM
habs win in OT fuck yesss

Afro
04-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Flames had a good run =/

Paytheplayer
04-25-2008, 05:50 PM

No doubt he's a good hockey player. I dont hate him because I think hes shit, I hate him because he's a dickhead. I've played competitive hockey all of my life, and I couldn't even imagine anybody on any of my teams dickin around in front of Brodeur like he did. If anybody ever did that on my team, everybody would be all over his ass. Even his own players were telling him to stop, and people have admitted on his own team that they dont like him.
To call Brodeur a fatass, talk all of this shit about him, hes just a dick. Brodeur is a future hall of famer, what is he? You know what I mean?
His antics are way over the line from just doing his job and being a pest. Guys like Jarko Ruutu, or Matt Cooke, atleast these guys stay within the boundaries. I just cant stand his hollywood wannabe ass. I hope he tries some shit while Laraque is on the ice.

Anyways that habs game was sick. I wish Colorado could have pulled off the same type of win, would have been great.
Go Pens tonight.

I hope he

WinnipegRush
04-25-2008, 07:06 PM
I really hate canadiens so I'm hoping philly kicks some ass

kickass32
04-25-2008, 10:33 PM

Well, to say he is a great player is a huge overstatement....the guy is a 30-40 point player... who is useless in taking draws if needed....39% ...how is that great?
He does his job well, but seriously...great???? Man Darcy Tucker does vertually the same thing, had a horrible year, and still had as many points.
He is classless...calling the greatest goalie of this era, a sure fire hall of famer, an olympic gold medalist, a Canada Cup champion( I refuse to call it the World cup) faty????? what the fuck is that???

I'm with ya on the Hating of the Habs though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Flyers!!

WinnipegRush
04-25-2008, 10:40 PM
calling the greatest goalie of this era, a sure fire hall of famer, an olympic gold medalist, a Canada Cup champion( I refuse to call it the World cup) faty????? what the fuck is that???
I would call him a fatty also he didn't even shake his hand like im sorry but if he is the greatest goalie of all time atleast show some class.
Averys job is to be a prick and he does it the best out of anyone in the league. I am not an Avery fan but i would rather have him on my team then shit head Tucker.

kickass32
04-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Avery is totally classless, showed that in the series when even chris drury told him to fucking relax, and his own back up goalie said if he had've done that to him, he would've been picking his teeth off the ice.....his own teamates can't stand him. Brodeur was completley right in not shaking the hand of the little weasel.
I'd take Tucker in a heart beat over Avery.....don't forget about Avery's classy move of making fun of Jason Blake's cancer!!

WinnipegRush
04-25-2008, 11:01 PM
They even said he didn't say that that just got totally embellished. But seriously i hate Tucker.

kickass32
04-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I can totally see why someone would hate Tucker..I am not a fan and hate the leafs!!

WinnipegRush
04-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Yeah the leafs suck BOOO LEAFS

TeddyDaBear
04-26-2008, 07:57 AM
wow what a game tonight for the Pens!...down 3-0 and come back to win 5-4? Incredible. Of course you'd like to avoid being in that situation but i think they are the deepest team offensively in the playoffs

WinnipegRush
04-26-2008, 09:31 PM
wow what a game tonight for the Pens!...down 3-0 and come back to win 5-4? Incredible. Of course you'd like to avoid being in that situation but i think they are the deepest team offensively in the playoffs

Yeah they had a huge come back but so did Montreal. Kinda upset i don't like Montreal and i bet on Rangers, Philly so i'm hoping for upsets haha.

Steve88
04-26-2008, 10:34 PM
pens habs eastern finals, mark my wordsssss

WinnipegRush
04-28-2008, 09:06 PM
K i have changed my mind and its going to be Pittsburgh and Philly for east

kickass32
04-29-2008, 08:16 AM
I'll let you know in a week..........

Paytheplayer
04-30-2008, 12:44 AM
They even said he didn't say that that just got totally embellished. But seriously i hate Tucker.

Its always easier to hate a pest who plays for a team you hate. Hey, Im a Leafs fan un fortunately, and right now I hate Tucker too. Only because dickheads making over 3 mil a year, refused to waive his no trade and doesnt produce or hit. He only had a good year last year because every goal he scored was a one timer from Kaberle on the doorstep at a wide open net.
Anyways, yes Brodeur showed a lack of class when he didnt shake hands, but no way in hell would I shake that guys hand either. Avery shows a lack of class everytime he steps on the ice. When he digs into personal life to get under your skin, or when he whips a water bottle into the crowd and almost hits little kids. Or when he cheers in your face when he scores, or does pushups. What a tool. Talk about no class.

Anyways, Avs have been disappointing, Dallas has been surprising, Price needs to find his confidence, just like the Montreal snipers, and go Pens tonight. If the NHL lets the Rangers trade Avery mid playoffs to Russia or something, then I might not care if Rangers win.

TeddyDaBear
04-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Wow...the Penguins are scary good right now. Game one they win 5-4 in an all offense game after trailing 3-0. Game 2 they "outRanger'd" the Rangers. What i mean is they played the Rangers type of physical, dump n chase kind of game and won a shut out 2-0. Now in game three they just proved how dominant and resiliant they are once again. They took a 3-1 lead...played the worst 2nd period of hockey i have ever seen and let the Rags tie it up at three, then Malkin just continues his brilliant play and the Pens win 5-3.

I predicited this would be a 4-2 series win for the Pens but i really think the Rangers will say "how the hell are we supposed to beat these guys?" and I think the Pens stay perfect in the playoffs and get the sweep thursday.

I haven't watched alot of games out west due to work, but the Stars have been real solid and are a nice suprise because I like Dallas. Wings are solid too but I think they are beatable.

LET'S GO PENS!!

kickass32
04-30-2008, 04:29 PM
There is no way in hell I would've predicted this much domination in rd. 2...not only by the Pens (who do look close to unbeatable) but i thought the Avs might show up and I sure as hell thought the Sharks would've made a series with the Stars.......

WinnipegRush
04-30-2008, 11:01 PM
There is no way in hell I would've predicted this much domination in rd. 2...not only by the Pens (who do look close to unbeatable) but i thought the Avs might show up and I sure as hell thought the Sharks would've made a series with the Stars.......

Yeah same here i really thought penguins were going to have to fight super hard to beat NYR but i guess not, they are pretty much godly atm.

Frag x 3
05-01-2008, 06:15 AM
Flyers, baby.

Steve88
05-01-2008, 04:09 PM
my habs are FUCKED :(

pens win cup.

WinnipegRush
05-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Actually it should be a close match between Pittsburgh and Philly hopefully it would be boring if pittsburgh walked over every team in the east. I am really rooting for Philly to upset Pittsburgh.

kickass32
05-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Well, you knew they weren't going to go 16-0 (Pens)
What the hell was Malkin thinking on his penalty shot???? If he went any slower he would've been standing still!!!
I'm a little disapointed in Malkin tonight.....I like him a lot, but 2 slew foots tonight.....one of the dirtiest plays in the game is the slew foot, and he did it twice......pretty minor ones, but still....he needs to be better than that!

kickass32
05-04-2008, 04:25 PM
WOOOOHOOOO fricken right...we are now Hab-less!!!!!!!!!

Paytheplayer
05-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Well, you knew they weren't going to go 16-0 (Pens)
What the hell was Malkin thinking on his penalty shot???? If he went any slower he would've been standing still!!!
I'm a little disapointed in Malkin tonight.....I like him a lot, but 2 slew foots tonight.....one of the dirtiest plays in the game is the slew foot, and he did it twice......pretty minor ones, but still....he needs to be better than that!

I second that. Malkin has quickly become one of my favourite players. But I couldn't do anything but shake my head when he slew footed Mara twice. Such a dirty disgusting play, and I can't believe Mara kept somewhat of a cooler head on it. I know if it was me, I'd be after the guy in a heartbeat. What made it even worse is that Malkin would quickly skate away after each one. Shame on him.

That Flyers game was really surprising. Not only the game but the whole series in general. Poor Carey Price though. What amazed me, and I have to say was very uplifting, were the Habs fans last night. Wow, I am impressed. After Price let in 3 goals, a couple which were softies within 3 minutes to allow the Flyers to take the lead, the crowd started chanting "Carey, Carey, Carey!" I've never seen anything like that. Instead of jumping on his back, heckling him, or even booing, they encourage him and try to motivate him. That was fantastic. Plus, after the empty netter to put the Flyers up by 2 with one minute to play, instead of booing the fans chanted "Ole, Ole Ole Ole" That was something else. Way to go Habs fans. I have to admit they are true fans of their team.

kickass32
05-04-2008, 06:35 PM
it's funny, about 5 mins before the Flyers went on their tear of 3 goals in just over 3 mins, there was a sequence where Price made a couple unbeleivable saves, 1 great glove save...and the Flyers couldn't stand up, they were losing an edge everytime they tried to make sudden stops or turns......the Habs were up 3-1 and I said...well there is no way the Flyers are coming back in this game, they look too sloppy and Price is looking unbelievable...........wow how things can turn on a dime..........

yes the Habs fans were exceptionaly polite last night.

Intellectual
05-04-2008, 07:44 PM
damn, the Flyers/Canadians game was great. was not expecting that.

WinnipegRush
05-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Go Philly Go!!!

TeddyDaBear
05-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Go Philly Go!!!

Screw the Philly Cryers. LET'S GO PENS!!

Seriously though, this series is going to be unreal.

WinnipegRush
05-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Screw the Philly Cryers. LET'S GO PENS!!

Seriously though, this series is going to be unreal.

Yeah hopefully Pittsburgh doesn't sweep them.

Paytheplayer
05-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Holy shit what a game between San Jose and Dallas last night. That was one of the most insane OT's I have seen in a long time. Although I missed the goal because I fell asleep between the 3rd and 4th OT. Hopefully Dallas can handle the wings and get them the hell out of there.

Hopefully the Pens sweep Philly too, and can I ask Malkin to stop trying to do it himself? I know you might get mad at that Teddy, but u have to admit he hasn't really been passing the last one or two games. I feel bad for Malone over there slammin his stick.

WinnipegRush
05-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Holy shit what a game between San Jose and Dallas last night. That was one of the most insane OT's I have seen in a long time. Although I missed the goal because I fell asleep between the 3rd and 4th OT. Hopefully Dallas can handle the wings and get them the hell out of there.
Yeah that game was so intense. Hopefully Dallas destroys Detroit.

TeddyDaBear
05-06-2008, 07:42 AM

Hopefully the Pens sweep Philly too, and can I ask Malkin to stop trying to do it himself? I know you might get mad at that Teddy, but u have to admit he hasn't really been passing the last one or two games. I feel bad for Malone over there slammin his stick.

You know what man, sometimes its a GREAT thing but sometimes it's really bad.
Just being from Pittsburgh, i know that Malkin is SUPER competitive and passionate because the media really talks about it alot here, but it's like sometimes he gets carried away and tries doing TOO much and forgets he has 2 great wingers.
On the other hand, that kid can turn a game around like few i've ever seen before. I know it's cliche but he reminds me of Mario so much its scary. People always throw the Lemieux comparison at Sid but it's actually Geno that is more similar.

kickass32
05-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Ok, who's going to the finals???
In the East It really won't bother me who wins....I kinda want Philly to win, I am a big Mike Richards and Jeff Carter fan, but I like Crosby too...doesn't matter to me, but I'll call Pitt in 6.

In the West, I'm pulling for Dallas, because I want the record of no NHL team winning the Stanley Cup while being captained by a European, too continue. Although I think Detroit will win in 6.

Paytheplayer
05-07-2008, 05:17 PM
You know what man, sometimes its a GREAT thing but sometimes it's really bad.
Just being from Pittsburgh, i know that Malkin is SUPER competitive and passionate because the media really talks about it alot here, but it's like sometimes he gets carried away and tries doing TOO much and forgets he has 2 great wingers.
On the other hand, that kid can turn a game around like few i've ever seen before. I know it's cliche but he reminds me of Mario so much its scary. People always throw the Lemieux comparison at Sid but it's actually Geno that is more similar.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the comparisons. You sorta get the feeling that whichever great player who plays in Pittsburgh would get compared to Super Mario. The same way im sure, it is in other citites. Too bad for injuries though, I was really curious to see how Crosby would fare in a full NHL season this year. But that just left the door open for Malkin who proved he can carry a team on his back. Yes, I guess for the most part, he makes the right decisions and is very capable of doing so, just that one brain fart every once in a while where he feels he can get through an entire team is bound to happen when you have that much talent.

As for who I think is going to the finals, it's a tough one now. I didn't expect Philly to get past Montreal, and they are proving that the tough checking style does indeed still work efficiently in the new NHL. I think Pittsburgh is too deep though, and has too much firepower for Biron to handle. It's a little different to be tending shots from Crosby, Malkin, Hossa, Sykora, rather than Kovalev, Koivu, Kostitsyn and Plekanec. Plus I think Pittsburgh has the better leadership than montreal, and grittiness to match.

In the West, Dallas is proving they can play with the best. They dismantled one of the cup favourites in Anaheim, and then outplayed the other cup favourite in San Jose. As long as Turco can get past his kryptonite (I think he has a 0-7-2 record at the Joe), I think this match up is in Dallas' favour as long as they keep playing the way they have been. They have the edge in goal, I think they have the edge in grittiness and checking. Firepower can go either way, but Detroit is coming out of their Avs series on fire. Im going with Dallas, party because I feel they can win, partly because I hate Detroit.

TeddyDaBear
05-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Pens in 6
Dallas in 7

kickass32
05-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Anyone see the game tonight? I was working, but just saw the highlites on TSN. Were the penalty calls as bad as they appeared from the highlites?? 'cause they looked pretty fricken questionable!
And the Wings 3rd goal, Holmstrom ( I'm pretty sure it was Holmstrom) was a foot inside the blue paint....shoulda been called back IMO.

tempest929
05-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Anyone see the game tonight? I was working, but just saw the highlites on TSN. Were the penalty calls as bad as they appeared from the highlites?? 'cause they looked pretty fricken questionable!
And the Wings 3rd goal, Holmstrom ( I'm pretty sure it was Holmstrom) was a foot inside the blue paint....shoulda been called back IMO.

As a Wings fan, I must say that all of those penalty calls were spot on.:grinsmile1: No, the call that gave Detroit its first 5 on 3 was pretty bad. The goal by Holmstrom shouldn't have been allowed either, but I doubt either of these things would have mattered. Dallas was outplayed pretty much the whole game and Turco didn't look as good as he did against San Jose. He's going to have a hard time dealing with Holmstrom's and Franzen's ass in his face this series.

Red Wings in 6

Penguins in 6

WinnipegRush
05-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Philly in 6

Wings in 5

wait and see the flyers muscle penguins to a defeat!!

kickass32
05-10-2008, 06:54 AM
not so much muscling tonight.......the Flyers are really going to miss Timmonen!!!

WinnipegRush
05-10-2008, 07:31 AM
yeah damn blood clot

TeddyDaBear
05-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, Timmonen is a bad ass player and i wish him the best but he wasn't going to win this series for Philly. Pittsburgh outclasses them in every area of the game

Paytheplayer
05-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Is it me, or are all of these guys screening goalies 2 feet deep in the crease f'n bullshit? I dont care who you root for, that shouldn't be allowed to happen. Example, Shanahan on Fleury, when he was doing the Avery except with his back to Fleury. Or Holmstrom, or any of these guys who make their living there. How is a goalie suppose to make a save when his movement is limited because a guy is standing in his crease, not allowing him to move whatsoever. And if the goalie, or defenseman try to move him, its a penalty. Whatever happened to the battles in front of the net? I can't stand this anymore, it's become a little too ridiculous and I think they need to allow the battles and the defenseman to try to move them, or else they're going to have to bring that dreaded horrible rule back, no goal if the skate is in the crease. I dont want that to happen by any means, but it seems a little more fair than having some guy sitting on a goalie to score a goal. End rant.

Anyways, I had to miss the damn Pens/Phillys game because of a birthday, but just happy with the result. It was music to my ears to hear that Timmonen was out, hes done an amazing job on everybodies top players.

I didnt see the Dallas, Detroit game though. As soon as it was 1-0 Detroit I could see where that game was headed and I turned it off. As an anti Red Wing fan, without even seeing the game I'll say that the calls against Dallas were bs :)

tempest929
05-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Is it me, or are all of these guys screening goalies 2 feet deep in the crease f'n bullshit? I dont care who you root for, that shouldn't be allowed to happen. Example, Shanahan on Fleury, when he was doing the Avery except with his back to Fleury. Or Holmstrom, or any of these guys who make their living there. How is a goalie suppose to make a save when his movement is limited because a guy is standing in his crease, not allowing him to move whatsoever. And if the goalie, or defenseman try to move him, its a penalty. Whatever happened to the battles in front of the net? I can't stand this anymore, it's become a little too ridiculous and I think they need to allow the battles and the defenseman to try to move them, or else they're going to have to bring that dreaded horrible rule back, no goal if the skate is in the crease. I dont want that to happen by any means, but it seems a little more fair than having some guy sitting on a goalie to score a goal. End rant.

I agree that screening inside the crease is bullshit. Impeding the goalies movement inside the crease should be interference, but I see nothing wrong with standing just outside of the crease. Holmstrom for example is usually very good at annoying the f*** out of goaltenders, while standing just outside of the paint. And I disagree that the defense can do nothing without taking a penalty. The guys that stand in front of the net take loads of punishment without a call. Just look at Holmstrom last series.....he gets crosschecked from behind, falls, and a Colorado player trips over his stick as he's falling and HE gets a tripping penalty.

kickass32
05-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Don't get me wrong, Timmonen is a bad ass player and i wish him the best but he wasn't going to win this series for Philly. Pittsburgh outclasses them in every area of the game

No, Timmonen wasn't going to win the series alone, but he sure would've helped..Timmonen probably extends the series a little...it also forces other players to play a role in which they can't really play.

Goaltenders are getting fucked over huge....first it's the equipment, then they get run, now the offence is allowed a foot inside the blue paint??? Bullshit! protect the goalies and let them do their job.

TeddyDaBear
05-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Detroit is looking scary good right now

peno
05-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Detroit is looking scary good right now

They're not gonna beat the Pens. Pens will take it inside 6 games.

Killinginthenameof
05-13-2008, 09:08 PM
i was born in the lower thumb region of detroit....but live in da burgh now. it's def. shaping up to be the wings/pens playing for lord stanley's white glove trophy. both are playing awesome right now. as much as it hurts me to say...i have to give the edge right now to the wings cuz they plain dominate faceoffs and the pens sucks at it. that is such a big weakness for the pens. tomas will be in front of "the flower" and he won't be able to see anything. i wish the best for the pens.....but lucky for me i win either way.

kickass32
05-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Malkin actually seemed rattled in game 2. He got nailed a couple times, and then pulled up so he wouldn't get hit again, and threw the beauty pass right to Richards for his breakaway goal to tie it at 2-2.

It didn't end up costing the Pens in that game, but it did show a kinda chink in the armour.
If Malkin keeps getting rattled like that, the Wings will have a hay-day with them.

TeddyDaBear
05-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Malkin actually seemed rattled in game 2. He got nailed a couple times, and then pulled up so he wouldn't get hit again, and threw the beauty pass right to Richards for his breakaway goal to tie it at 2-2.

It didn't end up costing the Pens in that game, but it did show a kinda chink in the armour.
If Malkin keeps getting rattled like that, the Wings will have a hay-day with them.

yeah they have been very physical with him the past two games and he has actually shown that he is human but, more attention on Malkin = less on...
1. crosby
2. hossa
3. sykora
4. malone
5. pretty much anyone besides Georges Laraque

and thats the great thing about this team. they are so deep that even if Malkin does have an off night, they can still put up 3 or 4 goals. Don't get me wrong...the Wings are playing incredible right now and I think if the Pens can continue to play good team defense and continue to kill penalties like it's nothin, they will win.

kickass32
05-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Oh, agreed, the Pens certainly have a lot of weapons, but I think they'll need them all, and Malkin to take Detroit. If they can get some pressure on Osgood, I think they can break him. Osgood has been good, but hasn't had to stand on his head yet.

Pens/Wings is a hard series for me to call. A month ago I would've easily have said Detroit....but watching a lot of the Pens has turned me into a believer.
If the Wings top 6 play at their current level, and the Pens top 6 play at their current level it'll be a hell of a series and probably 7 games.
Goaltending, I give the edge to Fleurry, but he needs to control the rebounds a little better or the Wings will capatilize.

Paytheplayer
05-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Lets not get a head of ourselves here. Both series are still not over. I know it seems obvious but I dont like to jinx it. I still have faith that Dallas can get back, but thats just wishful thinking. Somebody PLEASE eliminate the wings.

Im so glad they took Downie out of the lineup today. ITS ALL YOUR FAULT. Jackass

kickass32
05-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Looks like Coburn won't be playing either.
The Flyers had a hell of a run, but I think midnight has rung and it's time for Cinderella to go home

TeddyDaBear
05-19-2008, 12:28 AM
HELL YES.

Pens going back to the Cup Finals!!

Paytheplayer
05-19-2008, 01:23 AM
HELL YES.

Pens going back to the Cup Finals!!

How sweet was it to see Crosby next to the Wales trophy, knowin these young stars are going to the finals. I wonder if Philly is still chantin "Crosby sucks" now hahaha.
Now if only the Stars can complete a ridiculous comeback, Ill be happy.

Did anybody watch that horrible Canada vs Russia finals today? Is it me, or is the worst gameplan on earth to stop offense and only play defense with a lead. I cant stand that. Horrible coaching in my eyes. Canada up 4-2 with 7 to go in the 2nd, and they begin sitting back and trying to kill time. Did they forget about the Russian firepower? When you're outplaying a team to a 2 goal lead, keep going. They were dominating. Why try to fix whats not broken?

kickass32
05-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Well, the Pens are for real...it's official!!!
Seriously, I questioned their heart, defence and goaltending down the final stretch, and just before the playoffs started. I was wrong, completley wrong!
I will be cheering for Pitt over either Detroit or Dallas...and dare I say, might even be the favorite.....

TeddyDaBear
05-20-2008, 05:34 AM
Welp, it's official!
Pens and Wings in the Cup Finals....this should be a hell of a series!

LETS GO PENS!

MasterShake
05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Go Redwings, I Thought For Sure They Were Going To Lose But Go Redwings.

peno
05-20-2008, 03:54 PM
If the Wings keep giving up power plays like they have the Pens will kill em. Crosby and Malkin are fuck'n NASTY and Flurry's been on a whole new level since the high ankle sprain. Honestly, I think It'll be a good series but theres no way the Wings will win a game in Pittsburgh. No way.

GO PENS!!!!!!

MasterShake
05-20-2008, 04:16 PM
If the Wings keep giving up power plays like they have the Pens will kill em. Crosby and Malkin are fuck'n NASTY and Flurry's been on a whole new level since the high ankle sprain. Honestly, I think It'll be a good series but theres no way the Wings will win a game in Pittsburgh. No way.

GO PENS!!!!!!

Yah, I totally agree they need to stop giving up the power plays. But the Wings are the Wings so I wouldn't sell them out, I think it just took them a whole lot of fuck ups to realize what they are playing for. Hopefully they will not narrowly get there next couple wins.

TeddyDaBear
05-21-2008, 01:06 AM
hey Shake, have you (or anyone for that matter) ever been to Joe Louis Arena?.... i'm taking a road trip with 3 buddies to game 2 and im sitting in section 209 row 20.

I bought tickets on eBay and there is a picture with a view from the seats that doesn't look bad at all but on the seating chart i see that the section is at the very top. any idea what kinda seats i got?

WinnipegRush
05-21-2008, 04:27 AM
oh man 2 teams i didn't want in playoffs hoooray for penguins getting destroyed by wings.

Killinginthenameof
05-21-2008, 05:51 PM
wings will win the faceoff battle....that's the weakest spot for the pens, that and the flower won't be able to see around tomas

TeddyDaBear
05-22-2008, 05:34 AM
Pens in 6 or 7

TeddyDaBear
05-28-2008, 09:09 PM
The better team is winning this series right now. Pens are being outplayed in every aspect. They need both of these home games or else I'm saying wings in 5

peno
05-30-2008, 09:03 PM
If Detroit wins they'll win it in game 7 at Detroit cause they're not gonna beat Pittsburgh at home.

Paytheplayer
06-03-2008, 06:36 PM
What a game last night. I live right across the border from Detroit, so it's only natural that we get a shitload of bandwagon fans. Mystery fans of Detroit pop up all over the place, but only when they think the series is in the bag. Now that they lost last night they should disappear again until they take their next lead.
Go Pens, they're the closest i'll ever come to seeing a team I like win the cup.

Leafs in 2100 im calling it now.

Intellectual
06-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Game 5 was probably the best game of the series thus far.

i was very impressed by Fleury and Sykora is a man of his word. he called it. he said he's gonna get the winning goal, and he did.

WinnipegRush
06-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah it was the most intense but Wings still got it.

jesusatemyhotdog
06-05-2008, 06:31 AM
My thoughts would be best expressed in pictures:

CAUSE

http://www.icebullshockey.com/chris/nhltol/logos300/det.png

EFFECT

http://agoldenworld.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/stanley_cup1.jpg

Told you fuckers!

Fuckin A.

kickass32
06-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Well another season in the books. A pretty good Finals after all was said and done. Pittsburgh showed some heart coming back from being totally dominated in the first 2 games.
Congratulations to Nic Lidstrom for being the first European to Captain a team to the Stanley Cup Championship!!

kalebarker
06-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Congratulations to Nic Lidstrom for being the first European to Captain a team to the Stanley Cup Championship!!

Word. I'm glad it was him. He definitely deserves it.

TeddyDaBear
06-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Word. I'm glad it was him. He definitely deserves it.

definately. Detroit is a bad ass team and deserve all the praise they receive. Congrats!