PDA

View Full Version : pete drago sell

ortiz#1
09-22-2006, 05:54 AM
he looked great tonight against charles m. his stand up was good his tk and tkd great he had that choke tight thought he had it like the baroni fight, but charles got out but did nothing on top, the ref should of stood them up after about 1min of that lay and prey shit that sub was weak just tryed to win the round on postioning , sell looks tough i think sell vs cote what do you think????????

Anthony
09-22-2006, 07:38 AM
McCarthy looked like shit. If someone is hitting you, you dont just stand still and hold your arms up. Thats a good way to get your ass kicked.

Legend
09-22-2006, 07:44 AM
I was not to impressed with either fighter.

AJL416AZ
09-22-2006, 07:47 AM
mccarthy looked terrible
no heart to win. he had top position, and position for an americana or a straight armbar, and he just sat there. spent the entire time in half guard doing nothing. it was like he was out of breath after sitting propped up with his hands covering his face for a whole round. i'm surprised mazzagatti didnt stop that earlier.

drago had too many problems with a terrible fighter for me to consider him a potential winner. not with rivera and dewees still in.

Afro
09-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Drago looked better then were givin him credit, there were times where I was wonderin why the fight wasnt stopped

McCarthy didnt defend himself properly all fight and there were occasions where Drago was pounding away.. and even though McCarthy wasnt hurt bad and could still fight.. he wasnt defending himself and the pounding went on longer then the Hughes GnP on Gracie or the Tito GnP on Shamrock and the fight wasnt stopped.

duran
09-22-2006, 04:14 PM
I rarely criticize because these guys train their balls off, but I was really disappointed in last night's fight. I think Drago is a bad MF, but it did not look like either of them wanted it bad enough. Do I not know enough about the sport to wonder why McCarthy didn't use elbows to the (left) side of Drago's head when he was trying for the arm bar on Drago's left arm for about 3 minutes? Is it me? I don't train JJ, but could he have not held Drago's left arm with his right hand or pinned it down and then let the elbows fly? I know this is arm chair quarterbacking, but it was frustrating to watch for a hard core fan. Also towards the end of the fight, why didn't Drago, who was down, side mounted in a weird position I think, just flurry with arm punches with his free hand to impress the judges? Did he think he did enough to win already? He really did not look that gassed, I would have just kept moving my hands to make the judges think I was trying to win or was wanting to win.
There was some funny stuff during the episode earlier when they busting McCarthy's balls, but I was really, really disappointed with the fight.

paintstik
09-22-2006, 08:55 PM
McCarthy looked about as one dimensional as a fighter can get.

Mac
09-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Drago looked better then were givin him credit, there were times where I was wonderin why the fight wasnt stopped

McCarthy didnt defend himself properly all fight and there were occasions where Drago was pounding away.. and even though McCarthy wasnt hurt bad and could still fight.. he wasnt defending himself and the pounding went on longer then the Hughes GnP on Gracie or the Tito GnP on Shamrock and the fight wasnt stopped.
I'll have to watch it again, but I don't remember him really connecting on Mcarthy like Hughes was on Gracie.

jreed1404
09-22-2006, 11:13 PM
TERRRRIIIIIBBBBBLLLLLEEEE fight tha worst one of the season

Boo
09-22-2006, 11:31 PM
If someone is hitting you, you dont just stand still and hold your arms up. Thats a good way to get your ass kicked.
As soon as I saw him doing that I thought, uh oh, not good, not good at all.

AudieMurphy1
09-22-2006, 11:35 PM
that was a terrible fight, i felt bad for drago, who has a lot of potential, mccarthy is just headed for another highlight reel if he continues fighting

AudieMurphy1
09-22-2006, 11:47 PM
in fact that fight was so boring i started flipping over to kill bill just to see some violence

Fedors Daddy
09-23-2006, 03:22 AM
Amazing fight is all I can say!!
I think Drago has the potential to win the competition, plus take the belt.

AudieMurphy1
09-23-2006, 07:11 PM
all you have to do is cause mccarthy some pain and he turns into a sack of rotten potato's

Legend
09-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Amazing fight is all I can say!!
I think Drago has the potential to win the competition, plus take the belt.

Yeah sure thing buddy.

jcflores
09-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Well not all fights are going to be top quality. I thought both of them were not giving their 100% on the fight or where too tired to even do stuff, I dunno that fight I looked at it on thursday so I dont remember much cause it wasn't that good either.