PDA

View Full Version : Kid Yamamoto vs B.J.. Penn

Afro
09-22-2006, 12:46 PM
At Lightweight who would win?

Punk Ass
09-22-2006, 03:17 PM
As for now I would say BJ Penn. I haven't seen too many of Kid's fights but the ones I have seen only lasted A second. I dont see him running threw BJ like that, and I would have to see him fight more. The the only respectable wins on his record IMO are Caul Uno, and Genki Sudo. The Sudo fight was stopped way to early and I didn't see the Uno fight, but I know it was stopped by a cut. Royler Gracie I don't respect. I haven't seen a Gracie yet with good stand up, but I'm sure one day I will, hopefully soon, I love the Gracies.

killerinstinct
09-22-2006, 03:28 PM
As for now I would say BJ Penn. I haven't seen too many of Kid's fights but the ones I have seen only lasted A second. I dont see him running threw BJ like that, and I would have to see him fight more. The the only respectable wins on his record IMO are Caul Uno, and Genki Sudo. The Sudo fight was stopped way to early and I didn't see the Uno fight, but I know it was stopped by a cut. Royler Gracie I don't respect. I haven't seen a Gracie yet with good stand up, but I'm sure one day I will, hopefully soon, I love the Gracies.
Renzo Gracie has decent stand up and Ryan is pretty well rounded.

I think BJ would take this.He's explosively fast at LW and would be bigger than KId.Kid would probably have the better condition ,but I think I'd take Penn.This is a very intriguing match up and one I'd really like to see.

Punk Ass
09-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Renzo Gracie has decent stand up and Ryan is pretty well rounded.

I think BJ would take this.He's explosively fast at LW and would be bigger than KId.Kid would probably have the better condition ,but I think I'd take Penn.This is a very intriguing match up and one I'd really like to see.

I agree, this would be a very interesting match up.

Renzo and Royler are mediocre as far as stand up is concerned IMO. They have some knowlege but IMO are not nearly as skilled as BJ, Caul Uno, or Genki.

AJL416AZ
09-23-2006, 04:53 PM
i'm a huge Kid fan, but i would have to go with BJ here

Kid has powerful, quick hands, and fantastic wrestling.
BJ has powerful quick hands, insane BJJ, and works wrestling with Quest, a bunch of wrestlers that are far bigger and stronger then Kid

plus BJ would actually weigh in at 155, while Kid would probably come in again at 145+