PDA

View Full Version : The 2008 NFL Draft Thread

pa99fighter
03-31-2008, 09:09 PM
This thread is to discuss your favorite teams draft needs and who you want your team to draft. I'm a jets fan and I want us to get Gholston if hes still availible and I'll be pissed if we get Darren Mcfadden because we have 2 good running backs already.

Afro
03-31-2008, 10:21 PM
Raiders should target Chris Long, Sedrick Ellis, or Ryan Clady

TeddyDaBear
04-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Steelers have a few needs but none too extreme to say we NEED a certain position. I say we draft the best available player outside of obvious positions that are already ok. (Qb-Roethlisberger, RB, Parker, etc.)

Mac
04-01-2008, 10:43 AM
If the Rams take Dorsey I'm gonna be pissed. They should take Gholston and switch to the 3-4. Little and Carriker are better suited for the 3-4 anyway.

Macgyver
04-01-2008, 02:37 PM
This thread is to discuss your favorite teams draft needs and who you want your team to draft. I'm a jets fan and I want us to get Gholston if hes still availible and I'll be pissed if we get Darren Mcfadden because we have 2 good running backs already.

I think that they should draft McFadden. Thomas Jones is old (in terms of an NFL RB) and Leon Washinton is a third down scat back who I don't think could handle the load. You are right in that they are both good backs, i just don't see either of them as a solution for the longterm (especially if you have a shot a special player like McFadden)

With McFadden's potential, and the Jets O-line (Faneca, D'brickashaw, Mangold), that could be a force for a long time.

eazye76
04-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm scared the Titans are going to take a wide receiver, but imo they badly need a D-end. I"m hearing excellent things about the DE Calais Campbell from Miami. Judging from the mock drafts I look at he should be available around the time TN picks. I remember Campbell from college and he should be a good fit w/ what their trying to, plus Miami guys are usually good. There's also another DE out of Clemson that I've never heard of, but is supposed to be good, but he has an injury. I wouldn't be too pissed off if we took a CB, but I think LB is something that can be addressed later, and there will be WR's available in free agency at some point - WR's are a big gamble in the 1st round. Hopefully TN doesn't blow this draft like they have a tendency to do.
Also it would take a lot, and it's not going to happen, but I wouldn't mind mind making a deal for Vernon Golston

Afro
04-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Raiders seem interested in moving down, that would be the best option.. in technicalities the Raiders only have 2 dire needs on there team.. which is at DT and at OT.. now im not saying that the Raiders have minimal holes so there-fore were a good team, im saying we have guys in other spots on our team and that DT and somewhat OT are the only positions where we have pressing needs for certain types of players (not just any DT, need a 2-gapper)

There are no 2-gapping DTs in this draft really.. Ellis and Dorsey are good, big guys but if you put them on a team where the Run D is horrible like Oakland.. your not gonna get much of an improvement.. still I wouldnt mind taking Sedrick Ellis.. hes still good vs the Run, and if the Raiders improve the Weakside LB position there run D could improve as well without a 2-gapper.

I think moving down would be in Oaklands best interest.. if you miss out on Chris Long who else is there to take at #4?

McFadden is not an option, we have 3-4 very good backs. Vernon Gholston is not that good, I wouldnt mind him cuz hes a good edge rusher but thats all he is.. an edge rusher on top of that he has a high bust factor.

Jake Long has bust written all over him IMO, I wouldnt risk him.

Trading down is the best option, IMO the 2nd best DE in the draft is Derrick Harvey.. hes got Strahan potential due to the fact that he has a nasty demeanor and on top of that.. he plays the run better then any other DE in the draft thats known for pass rushing. Moving down and taking him would be the smartest move, even with Kalimba on the team.. if theres any D in the NFL thats great to blueprint.. its the Giants D, and itll tell ya that you can never have enough DEs.

If the Raiders do trade down and happen to get a 2nd round pick.. Tavares Gooden is the only LB in the draft not named Mayo, Connor, or Rivers worth looking at.. hes a damn good run stopper with a ton of speed.. only reason hes not a first rounder is lack of production, never reached his college potential.. hes the fastest LB in the draft, yet I believe his total # of sacks in 3 years of playing at Miami was 1 lol.. not many INTs either.. but a ton of tackles.. still hes a player like many Miami guys who will outperform there college resume at the next level IE: Leon Williams and Jon Beason. I think a lot of NFL scouts know that the coaching situ at The U is such a mess right now that these players are more talented then there stats show.

Cliff Avril is more talented then Gooden, but too much of a tweener

Erin Henderson is also more talented, but very injury prone and bad in coverage

At OT.. Jeff Otah and Ryan Clady will prolly got in the Top 10-15 range, Clady should be the first OT taken if it wasnt for Longs hype.. Clady has rare physique and athletism at OT.. with the right coach he'd be a multi-time pro bowler.

Near the 2nd end of the first round.. I like Chris Williams and Gosder Cherilus.. Gosder has the nasty demeanor plus rare size for an OT.

Outside of that, the 3rd round would be a filler spot in the draft.. if the Raiders get another 2nd round pick for Fabian or through trading down.. Dre Moore is an amazingly versitile D-linemen who can play anywhere on the DL and would be a great pick.. not a great run defender although he isnt a stiff there either but in reality

if the Raiders throw in Dre Moore with guys like Tommy Kelly, Gerrard Warren, and William Joseph.. thats a lot of pass rushing and physicalness at the DT position then having guys like Burgess, Edwards, and Harvey outside of that.. cant really go wrong on the DL. Plus Jay Richardson can play anywhere on the DL and hes stout vs the run.

Outside of that the Raiders dont need much else, Huff will play at FS and do well.. Gibril is holding down the SS spot.. we obviously dont need a Middle or SLB lol we got two guys who would make the pro bowl if there were an extra spot or two available.

CBs obviously not a need.. the only thing left needing an answer is Russell living up to his draft position, Walker staying healthy and playing like a #1 WR.. and Michael Bush emerging as the starter we drafted him to be.

If everything comes together plus a good draft.. Raiders should win a minimum of 6 games this year, and make the playoffs by 2009.

azur_dog
04-07-2008, 06:24 PM
You know Afro you make a good run down of the Raiders needs, but no way in hell does al davis not pick Darren McFadden. The man is old and senile and is running that frachise into the ground.

Palma
04-08-2008, 12:54 AM
You know Afro you make a good run down of the Raiders needs, but no way in hell does al davis not pick Darren McFadden. The man is old and senile and is running that frachise into the ground.

I think Al is over paying top dollar for another rookie. I think he'll trade their number one pick for a troubled talented receiver or he'll trade it for more draft picks.

Afro
04-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Has anyone read the articles about Kiffin and Al? McFadden isnt getting picked, Kiffin already said he wont take him and him and Al are on the same page right now.

eazye76
04-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm really starting to worry about my Titans, they aren't very creative when it comes to the draft and have a tendency in recent years to pick the guy who benched the most and ran the best 40, as opposed to the best player available, or drafting what they need. On top of all that, I don't see a whole lot to get excited about in the 20's as far as what we need. I think out best bet is to pick up an O-lineman, but we'll probably take one of the WR's - I'd like to get Kelly, but we'll probably have to take whoever is left between DeShaun Jackson and Limus Sweed. I really don't want Jackson b/c of his size, Vince needs a big guy to throw it to, if he has Alge Crumpler, a 215 lb 6'4 wide out, and all the underachieving #3 WR's we have, we might be able to do something in the passing game.

Afro
04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
If you ask me the best WRs in the draft are Malcolm Kelly, Mario Manningham, and Desean Jackson. Wouldnt label anyone else as having star potential

Palma
04-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Has anyone read the articles about Kiffin and Al? McFadden isnt getting picked, Kiffin already said he wont take him and him and Al are on the same page right now.

Yeah, they had an online Q & A with Jerry MacDonald (Oakland Tribune writer) and I asked him what was made up and what was substantiated in regards to the rumors that the media reported on... he wouldn't answer my questions.

I think that kiffin trying to fire Ryan was bogus, but I think Al did ask Kiffin to resign although I doubt he drafted a letter of resignation for him.

Afro
04-08-2008, 02:41 PM
What I read was that Kiffin was not trying to fire Rob Ryan but Rob Ryan and Kiffin agreed that this was not the team for him, and Rob Ryan was trying to walk away but Al told ihm he has one year left on his contract.

Palma
04-08-2008, 03:31 PM
What I read was that Kiffin was not trying to fire Rob Ryan but Rob Ryan and Kiffin agreed that this was not the team for him, and Rob Ryan was trying to walk away but Al told ihm he has one year left on his contract.

That makes sense and what didn't make sense and why I was sceptical was why would Kiffin fire Ryan when he is trying to create solidarity with the team. The defense would have dispised Kiffin for firing Ryan against his will and of course Kiffin knows this.

At the time I was excited at the possiblities of who Kiffin might bring in to replace Ryan if he was fired since I think the cover two just doesn't consistenly work with personal they have, but with Hall and Wilson I think they can basically keep 7 guys in the box and their secondary can cover everything else that happens.

azur_dog
04-08-2008, 04:05 PM

If thats true that makes this draft pretty interesting. Im not sure they'll trade out of that pick, but I could be wrong. And whatever happened to Al wanting to can Kiffin? Thats one hell of a turn around if there on the same page now.

But say Atlanta doesnt pick him up (being that I think Matt Ryan is a lock #1 with Mia as well as the Rams going D with their pick) and the Raiders pass on him McFadden could very well fall out of the top ten. With everyone up until Carolina at 13 with running backs under long term deals unless someone goes for talent over need like Minnesota did last year, somebody could get a steal. Personally I think Mcfadden's more talented than Peterson so man that could be something.

Afro
04-08-2008, 07:27 PM
McFaddens no where near Petersons level of talent if you ask me, he has a high bust ratio.. hes very atheltic but in terms of running back skills.. I dont see the need for an open field runner that lacks the ability to get into the open field without great blocking.

Just look at the obvious knocks on Mcfadden..

the inability to turn the corner

the lack of stop and go speed

the size

The guy has amazing straight away speed, but he lacks power so he cant run between the tackles effectively. He doesnt have great moves cutting to the outside or anything like that.. what makes McFadden dangerous is when he gets into the open field, hes a home run hitter.. but he needs his blockers to get him to the open field.. hes lacked the ability to get there off of his own skills. Hes gonna turn out to be another Reggie Bush if you ask me.

azur_dog
04-09-2008, 12:31 PM
McFaddens no where near Petersons level of talent if you ask me, he has a high bust ratio.. hes very atheltic but in terms of running back skills.. I dont see the need for an open field runner that lacks the ability to get into the open field without great blocking.

Just look at the obvious knocks on Mcfadden..

the inability to turn the corner

the lack of stop and go speed

the size

The guy has amazing straight away speed, but he lacks power so he cant run between the tackles effectively. He doesnt have great moves cutting to the outside or anything like that.. what makes McFadden dangerous is when he gets into the open field, hes a home run hitter.. but he needs his blockers to get him to the open field.. hes lacked the ability to get there off of his own skills. Hes gonna turn out to be another Reggie Bush if you ask me.

You could be right and I dont disagree with you he has knocks on him (not that I think they are as glaring as you do), but you cant doubt his athletic ability and his durability (which is something Peterson hasnt demonstrated). and whats wrong with his size? He's only an inch taller than Peterson is and there within two pounds of each other weight wise which means nothing(215,217 respectively). There's been a lot of great running backs that were that tall Eddie George(6'1''), Eric Dickerson(6'3''), Marcus Allen (6'2'') and all were around 210-15. Given the right team he could do very well next year, however I believe his bust potential lies not on the field but off.
Now why you compare Reggie Bush and Darren Mcfadden I dont know. Reggie was smallish (weightwise) in college and often was split as a wideout. He didnt achieve the yards on the ground that Mcfadden has and never ran between the tackles consistently despite the perennially great offensive line that USC has produced under Carrol. Where as Darren McFadden most of his carreer in college has been spent lining up behind the QB and running behind an very good line in Arkansas.

Afro
04-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Darren McFadden is nopt 215, hes 200 lbs.. he runs small, hes a lengthy 6'1, and its not his listed size that im talking about.. its his size on the field.. Eddie George and Marcus Allen had small listed sizes but if you look at them on the field, they had a running backs bulk.. something McFadden doesnt have.. he has the bulk of a WR.

IMO, McFadden is the running back version of Dante Hall.. hes gonna be a highlight reel player with a lot of homerun Touchdowns but his everydown play will not measure up to the elite.

AP may have a little trouble staying healthy, but I highly doubt McFadden has the power, or running abilities to measure up to the stats AP is gonna put up.. McFadden is faster at a smaller size, and he doesnt run as big as AP does plus its like comparing apples and oranges when u compare AP and McFaddens speed

correct me if im wrong but AP ran a 4.39 and McFadden ran a 4.32?

plus McFadden doesnt have the moves AP does, never shown it in college.. all McFadden has shown that when he gets into the open field and runs foward that he is hard to catch.

AP has shown that he can run inside, outside, make you miss, or run you over.. thats the traits of an elite back

McFadden IMO has shown the traits of another Brian Westbrook or Reggie Bush.

azur_dog
04-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Well according to every internet source Ive found Mcfadden is listed at 215 not 200 (rivals.com,his personal site, and the arkansas site). As far as the lankyness goes that will get solved with an NFL work out program.
Depending on which 40 you go with Mcfadden ran an unofficial 4.27 or the official 4.32, but that hardly matters once you get on the field.
As far as the moves go we'll see once he hits the pros, but something tells me he's gonna be a more emmitt smith style back vs AP's barry sanders.
And if ends up no better than Brian Westbrook, a guy with 1,000/1,000 seasons under his belt and a probable hall of famer I think McFadden will be okay with that.

pa99fighter
04-09-2008, 09:12 PM
I just hope Gholston falls to the jets and limas sweed falls to us in round 2

Afro
04-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Well according to every internet source Ive found Mcfadden is listed at 215 not 200 (rivals.com,his personal site, and the arkansas site). As far as the lankyness goes that will get solved with an NFL work out program.
Depending on which 40 you go with Mcfadden ran an unofficial 4.27 or the official 4.32, but that hardly matters once you get on the field.
As far as the moves go we'll see once he hits the pros, but something tells me he's gonna be a more emmitt smith style back vs AP's barry sanders.
And if ends up no better than Brian Westbrook, a guy with 1,000/1,000 seasons under his belt and a probable hall of famer I think McFadden will be okay with that.
Brian Westbrook is not a hall of famer nor has he ever done 1,000/1,000 your thinking of Marshall Faulk

and you got it mixed up.. AP is more of an Emmitt Smith back with his combination of speed and power where-as Mcfadden is more Barry with just the speed.

I just hope Gholston falls to the jets and limas sweed falls to us in round 2
Now I dont wanna sound so negative lol but I hate Gholston too.. him and McFadden I got on my overrated list and it just so happens that there the two topics right now

if you ask me, Gholston is another Jevon Kearse.. only worse cuz in Gholston disappeared in big games last year.. hes an all speed edge rusher who will flop vs the Run, he might be a good sack artist but I dont trust him cuz he disappeared in the biggest game of his career last year and that wasnt the only game hes disappeared in.. plus its not like he was an SEC D player.

azur_dog
04-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Brian Westbrook is not a hall of famer nor has he ever done 1,000/1,000 your thinking of Marshall Faulk
and you got it mixed up.. AP is more of an Emmitt Smith back with his combination of speed and power where-as Mcfadden is more Barry with just the speed.

You got me there, I thought he had, but the closest he got was 700 rec yards last year and 04, but he will be in the hall. He wont be a first ballot guy but with atleast 2 good years left in him and 3-4 mediocre years left I think he gets in on his stats and his pro bowls.

And as far as McFadden goes we can debate this till were blue in the face, so I dont see much point on continuing. Unless you wanna put a sigbet on it or something.
Although I do agree with you on Gholston at best I think he'll be a mediocre player that makes some noise every once and awhile with some high sack games when he gets to the pros, but then again you never know.

Afro
04-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I think Brian would have to have a very strong 2nd half of his career to make the hall, hes only a 2 time pro bowler.. with so much talent at RB and so many guys in his era that are ahead of him (LT, Edge, Shaun, Corey Dillon, Curtis Martin, Tiki Barber, Priest Holmes, Jerome Bettis, etc) it be hard for him to make it.

pa99fighter
04-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Who do you guys think will end up being the best CB when its said and done
Mckelvin, Cromartie, or Jenkins

Afro
04-10-2008, 08:15 PM
I like McKelvin, Talib, and Porter

Jenkins is real good but more of a Safety tweener, Cromartie didnt see any top recievers.. I think his draft stock is based off of his athleticism and his cousins name. Still a top 5 guy buy I like McKelvin, Talib, and Porter before him.

pa99fighter
04-10-2008, 08:18 PM
I like McKelvin, Talib, and Porter

Jenkins is real good but more of a Safety tweener, Cromartie didnt see any top recievers.. I think his draft stock is based off of his athleticism and his cousins name. Still a top 5 guy buy I like McKelvin, Talib, and Porter before him.

Yeah this has to be one of the most stacked cornerback classes ever

eazye76
04-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Who do you guys think will end up being the best CB when its said and done
Mckelvin, Cromartie, or Jenkins
As a pure corner I like Talib, but if you factor in special teams I'd take DRC, guys a hell of an athlete and possibly the next Hester/Cribbs.

What about QB's, would you want to take Matt Ryan in the top 10, or would you wait and try to get Flacco, Henne, etc in a later round for cheaper? I got to say I'm not usually big on the high profile QB's but I like Ryan. I'd take him high if I could, he's a tough guy who did a lot without a great team. He wasn't a system QB in some kind of spread offense, but he really doesn't have any mobility. BTW,as a Vols fan - STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ERIC AINGE, dude has talent, but he will throw an int at the worse possible time.

azur_dog
04-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Personally I think the two guys who are most likely to make it in this draft have got to be Chris and Jake Long. They're both solid well rounded players who will probably be in the NFL for a very long time.

Afro
04-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Oh I forgot about Jake Long, hes the 3rd guy in my boat lol

Mcfadden, Gholston, and Long really the only 3 players I dont like in this draft.. Long has Robert Gallery written all over him. The Big-10 OTs have high bust factors.

I think Chris Long is a definent though, so is Glenn Dorsey if he stays healthy and Sedrick Ellis.

azur_dog
04-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Oh I forgot about Jake Long, hes the 3rd guy in my boat lol
Mcfadden, Gholston, and Long really the only 3 players I dont like in this draft.. Long has Robert Gallery written all over him. The Big-10 OTs have high bust factors.
I think Chris Long is a definent though, so is Glenn Dorsey if he stays healthy and Sedrick Ellis.

Dude seriously are you just out to disagree with me?lol Glenn Dorsey should be a beast, not sure about Ellis though, he might take a year or two to break through like Mario Williams. Biggest bust this year for me, every QB that goes in the first round. Not impressed by this years QB class.

pa99fighter
04-20-2008, 02:50 AM
imo Matt Ryan will be a special player in the NFL if he ends up with the Ravens. Flacco is a tweener for me idk if he'll be good or not. Brohm has the talent to do good on the next level. using a 4th on Dennis Dixon to me seems like the biggest little risk major reward in this draft

mattc25
04-22-2008, 12:27 PM
.....well I`m a jags fan and we pick 26th,we need DE OR DT......but I don`t think they will get good value @ 26 with those positions. I would like to see them move up or move down depending on the situation.....or take best talent available @ the spot they pick.
My top five players would be 1. Chris long
2. Darren Mcfadden
3. Glenn Dorsey
4. Jake Long
5. Matt Ryan

I really don`t like Gholston and am not sure about Jake Long,big ten is just so overrated.

Macgyver
04-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Dolphins make tackle Long top pick in draft with five-year deal (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=FD8BB848F7AE240F2B53F71D7E6E72DE? id=09000d5d807e7335&template=with-video&confirm=true)

Dolphins make tackle Long top pick in draft with five-year deal
NFL.com Wire Reports

After weeks of speculation, the Miami Dolphins made their intentions with the top pick in the NFL Draft known.

Miami general manager Jeff Ireland made the announcement from a team press conference, along with Long and head coach Tony Sparano.

"I'm very excited and honored to be able to be a part of the Miami Dolphins and this organization," Long said. "I want to thank my agents and the Miami Dolphins for getting this deal done so now I can just concentrate on football."

The Dolphins have been in negotiations with the representatives for Long, discussing contract parameters while attempting to keep their intentions with the top pick hidden.

"Jake was our guy from the beginning," said Ireland. "I don't make it a habit of telling you what's on our board, but he was on top of the board from the beginning. There wasn't a whole lot of debate. We all felt comfortable with the player."

The draft will be the first in Miami for the regime led by executive VP of football operations Bill Parcells, Ireland and Sparano after the Dolphins went 1-15 last year. Miami has nine picks, including four of the first 64.

The 6-foot-7, 315-pound Long was a two-time All-American and a three-time Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year. He started 40 games during his college career, and finished second in the voting for both the Lombardi Award and the Outland Trophy last season.

By agreeing to the deal prior to Saturday's draft, the Dolphins were able to avoid a prolonged holdout and ensure Long will be at training camp on time, a problem that has plagued past top overall picks. Last year's No. 1 pick, JaMarcus Russell, missed all of training camp before signing a $61 million contract with the Oakland Raiders.

"It's really important for us to know that Jake is going to be on the field for us, on time, when training camp begins in July," said Sparano. "That was critical for us."

Long will become just the second offensive lineman to be taken with the top pick in the NFL Draft since 1970, joining Ohio State's Orlando Pace, who was selected by the Rams in the top spot in 1997.

I personally like the pick.

eazye76
04-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Dolphins make tackle Long top pick in draft with five-year deal (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=FD8BB848F7AE240F2B53F71D7E6E72DE? id=09000d5d807e7335&template=with-video&confirm=true)

I personally like the pick.

I like the pick too, the only thing I'd be worried about is his ability to eventually play Left Tackle. I've heard he lacks the footwork of a dominating LT like Joe Thomas, but would be an absolute monster on the right. It's kind of hard to justify a #1 pick who play on the right side of the line, but I have faith in Parcells - if Bill thinks Long can protect the QB's blind side I trust him.

Macgyver
04-23-2008, 08:19 AM
I like the pick too, the only thing I'd be worried about is his ability to eventually play Left Tackle. I've heard he lacks the footwork of a dominating LT like Joe Thomas, but would be an absolute monster on the right. It's kind of hard to justify a #1 pick who play on the right side of the line, but I have faith in Parcells - if Bill thinks Long can protect the QB's blind side I trust him.

I can't find the source where I read it...but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he'll be playing Left Tackle right from the get-go.

I also like the pick because I think their O-line is a much bigger need than their pass rush.

pa99fighter
04-23-2008, 08:34 AM
The Rams are on the clock. The Falcons are pretty much screwed if the Rams select Dorsey over Long.

Raiders18
04-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Draft day may be a little boring for the Vik's fans now with the trade going through for Jared Allen. There d-line is going to be sick next year, Kevin, Pat, Allen.

pa99fighter
04-23-2008, 02:46 PM
shitshitshitshit now the Chiefs might take gholston at 5 and leaving us with mckelvin or trading down at 6

Mac
04-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Damn, the league won't let the Rams negotiate with anybody just yet. They gotta go with Long but all I keep hearing here is how much they like Dorsey.

eazye76
04-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Tennessee made another stupid fucking ignorant pick - I'd be a lot more pissed if I didn't see it coming, we reached for a position we don't even really need. We should have moved up, or at last taken Ray Rice if we were going to take a RB! We have holes in our O-line, we're losing Haynesworth next year, and we have NO WR's, or left DE's! Oh well at least we draft a Fucking RB every goddamn year, WTF!!!!! There were so many guys we needed on the board when we picked, we did this same shit TWICE last year, I'll always be a Titans fan, but this shit is hard to swallow.

EDIT*** Maybe I overreacted, I hope so...

pa99fighter
04-26-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm pissed the Jets took at TE when all the top WR's were there

bigsmooth696969
04-26-2008, 10:58 PM
I can't believe all the McFadden haters out there. I bet all the haters hated Adrian Peterson last year too and said...oh all he is is damaged goods and cant take the NFL's punishing style. Yeah, look what he did! I agree the Raiders did not need him but if a trade was not available, they got the best talent available. Now onto Jake Long. Can anyone tell me how Joe Thomas is a dominating tackle??? Comparing Long to Thomas and saying Thomas is dominating, you seriously must be a total idiot! Joe Thomas had an average season. Dominationg tackles are Faneca, Hutchenson, Ogden, Allen, Roaf, and Pace in their primes!!! I'm sorry but Joe Thomas isn't a pimple on any of those guys asses, yet alone a dominating tackle. Jake Long was a great solid choice for the Dolphins and he gives great protection for years to come. If he does somehow suck it up as a tackle, move him to guard. He still covers the blind side. Offensive linemen are the safest picks in football. You can move them to any of 4 positions:RT, LT, RG, or LG. If a QB sucks, where can you move him? I can't get over MOST people just listen to ESPN and then critique the players the same way. I have worked in professional football for 6 years and what you hear on tv from Mel Kiper or Todd Mcshayes isn't even close to being right 95% of the time. I will say I only work security but I have friends in front office positions who say that everything you hear is just a smokescreen to throw the other teams and media off.

Afro
04-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Tennessee made another stupid fucking ignorant pick - I'd be a lot more pissed if I didn't see it coming, we reached for a position we don't even really need. We should have moved up, or at last taken Ray Rice if we were going to take a RB! We have holes in our O-line, we're losing Haynesworth next year, and we have NO WR's, or left DE's! Oh well at least we draft a Fucking RB every goddamn year, WTF!!!!! There were so many guys we needed on the board when we picked, we did this same shit TWICE last year, I'll always be a Titans fan, but this shit is hard to swallow.

Dude Chris Johnson shits all over Ray Rice, and im a huge Ray Rice fan but Ray Rice is not even close to Chris Johnson's league. I wouldnt be suprised if Chris Johnson ends up being the best overall back in the draft along with Jonathan Stewart and Mendenhall.

I can't believe all the McFadden haters out there. I bet all the haters hated Adrian Peterson last year too and said...oh all he is is damaged goods and cant take the NFL's punishing style. Yeah, look what he did! I agree the Raiders did not need him but if a trade was not available, they got the best talent available. Now onto Jake Long. Can anyone tell me how Joe Thomas is a dominating tackle??? Comparing Long to Thomas and saying Thomas is dominating, you seriously must be a total idiot! Joe Thomas had an average season. Dominationg tackles are Faneca, Hutchenson, Ogden, Allen, Roaf, and Pace in their primes!!! I'm sorry but Joe Thomas isn't a pimple on any of those guys asses, yet alone a dominating tackle. Jake Long was a great solid choice for the Dolphins and he gives great protection for years to come. If he does somehow suck it up as a tackle, move him to guard. He still covers the blind side. Offensive linemen are the safest picks in football. You can move them to any of 4 positions:RT, LT, RG, or LG. If a QB sucks, where can you move him? I can't get over MOST people just listen to ESPN and then critique the players the same way. I have worked in professional football for 6 years and what you hear on tv from Mel Kiper or Todd Mcshayes isn't even close to being right 95% of the time. I will say I only work security but I have friends in front office positions who say that everything you hear is just a smokescreen to throw the other teams and media off.
Lets see Faneca and Hutchenson are guards.. Larry Allen is a guard.. Joe Thomas had an average season yet he made the pro bowl? ive never heard of an average pro bowl season.. anything else you'd like to add?

TeddyDaBear
04-27-2008, 09:05 AM

yeah dude, i'm sorry but you sound like a moron. half the guys you named are GUARDS not tackles and Joe Thomas had a good season against some good d end's. And i love how the security guy knows more than McShay and Kiper who's job is scouting and analyzing the NFL draft 365 days a year. :headscratch:

azur_dog
04-27-2008, 03:53 PM

Yeah I thought for sure Tennesse was going to take a WR in the early rounds. I do understand Chris Johnson as a pick for them as he can make an immediate impact and be a great tandem with Lendale White who atleast right now is not an everydown back. However, they didnt pick a WR till the 4th round, Lavelle Hawkins who only started 8 games for Cal in two season and is on the small side at 5'11" 187. For Vince Young to do well they need good WR's and all they seem to want to do is draft projects.

bigsmooth696969
04-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I obviously goofed. I was just pissed at all the McFadden and Long bashing. You can spank me now!

MirJitsu
04-27-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm pretty happy with the way the draft turned out. I'm a huge Houston Texans fans, and we filled all our needs with guys that fit the system, can't really ask for more than that.

I don't think the rest of our division did so great. Jacksonville gave up a lot for a guy that probably would have been there, and I think the Titans seriously over-drafted Chris Johnson. A lot like Chris Henry last year. Speed isn't every thing.

Raiders18
04-27-2008, 07:06 PM
I like the McFadden and the Chaz pick. The others not so much.

TheBonger
04-27-2008, 07:38 PM
love the Redskins draft, traded down and got two WR's with size instead of one Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly give us alot of depth at receiver and adding Fred Davis at TE for another redzone threat should help the offense also. They need to find a DE to play opposite Andre Carter and we will be set, maybe we can get Jason Taylor on the cheap since the draft is over now.

Afro
04-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Why on gods name is saying Chris Johnson got over-drated? he should of went before Felix Jones and possibly Mendenhall as well.. Chris Johnson was a bonified 1st round player.. hands down.

TeddyDaBear
04-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Steelers had a nice draft. Would've liked to seen some OL help but they took the best player available in the first and second with Mendenhall and Limas Sweed so I'm not going to complain. Dennis Dixon was a nice pickup late but he wont see much time behind Ben..

bigsmooth696969
04-28-2008, 11:21 AM
I can't understand why the Bengals took Jerome Simpson when Jackson, Sweed, and Kelly were all still available. Simpson played at Coastal Carolina?!?! The only thing that school has going for them are the hottest chicks in the country! If they think they are going to replace Chad with this poser, they are stupid. I like the Rivers picks but I would have much rather had Eliis from USC. I know we have lost some LB's via FA but we need to get pressure on the QB. Ahmad Brooks and the return of Odell Thurman makes LB less of a priority.

Also, they need a RB who isn't hurt! Rudi, Chris Perry, Kenny Irons, and Kenny Watson all are hurt somehow. I would have loved to see them pick up Ray Rice, Mike Hart, or Steve Slaton to help the running game somehow. Oh Well, looks like another losing season!