PDA

View Full Version : glossery?

AudieMurphy1
09-23-2006, 07:28 PM
i was thinking that a glossery posted as a sticky might be a good idea, it could included a number of things like definitions of terms we use like gnp for ground n pound and links to picks explaining what certian moves are like a link to a picture of an armbar, while the majority of the posters here know what these things are, someone new to the sport of mma may not and giving people a place to go to educate themselves would not only be good for the board but good for the sport as well.

killerinstinct
09-23-2006, 10:40 PM
That sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Boo
09-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Excellent idea. Shall we also explain some of our lovely terms such as nuthugger? Never mind, that's probably self-explanatory

TKO
KO
LnP
WTF
IMO
IMHO
OMG
LOL
LMFAO
LMAO

Gmunit
11-28-2006, 04:26 PM
i'm kind of a "noob" to the forum

and i don't know what some of the shortforms mean

ie. git, ttt, imo (in my opinion?)

if anyone feels like writing a few out it would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Donny77
11-28-2006, 07:51 PM
KO- Knock out
LnP- Lay and Pray
RNC- Rear Naked Choke
GNP- Ground and Pound
WTF- What the Fuck
IMO- Im my opinion
IMHO-In my humble opinion.............. Or how I say it ----- In my hoe's opinion.
OMG- Oh my Go*
LOL- Laughing out loud
LMFAO-Laughing my fucking ass off
LMAO- Laughing my ass off
TTT- To the top (keeps the thread going)

AA- Andre Arlovski
PBF- Pretty Boy Floyd

AudieMurphy1
12-07-2006, 05:32 PM
bump

He-Man
12-08-2006, 12:41 AM
i was thinking that a glossery posted as a sticky might be a good idea, it could included a number of things like definitions of terms we use like gnp for ground n pound and links to picks explaining what certian moves are like a link to a picture of an armbar, while the majority of the posters here know what these things are, someone new to the sport of mma may not and giving people a place to go to educate themselves would not only be good for the board but good for the sport as well.

Good idea...........