PDA

View Full Version : Banner ads?

rivethead
04-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Does the Mods have any control over what banner ads are displayed?

I'm currently hating on the one at the top that pretends I've won a laptop or something, and keeps beeping every 2 seconds.

rh

Palma
04-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Does the Mods have any control over what banner ads are displayed?

I'm currently hating on the one at the top that pretends I've won a laptop or something, and keeps beeping every 2 seconds.

rh

But dude! you won a free laptop!

Clint
04-01-2008, 07:47 PM
No we have no control over them.

What browser are you using, I never see any banners on the site except for the Eternal Unltd on the right

Ubermensch
04-01-2008, 08:03 PM
No we have no control over them.

What browser are you using, I never see any banners on the site except for the Eternal Unltd on the right
me too

valheruking
04-01-2008, 08:51 PM
But dude! you won a free laptop!
Some people are never happy.

Gmunit
04-01-2008, 08:56 PM
i would've missed a few events on The Fight Network if it weren't for the banners

Ramma
04-01-2008, 09:52 PM
I get em too once in a while. Just refresh and it will go away.

TheBonger
04-05-2008, 08:38 PM
I haven't on here much lately and now that I am back there are these damn banners that make a constant noise, it is the most annoying fucking thing ever. I can't even read through a fucking thread without this bullshit, don't know if there is a way to stop this but if not my time here will become even more limited, I really dont see how anyone can put up with it. Is it just IE does FireFox elimnate this crap? Alittle help would be appreciated.

BigBanda
06-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Ok wtf!? lol... so this is the first time I have ever seen this but there was an adultfriendfinder.com ad/banner across the top of the forum with nude chicks on it. Has anyone else seen this and can we get Boone to maybe take them off as an advertiser cause I know many of us use this forum while at work and that is not good at all. Then again I have not seen it again except that one time just minutes ago.

Clint
06-11-2008, 07:35 PM
I've never seen it but I don't see any ads. I'll forward the post to boone though

Legend
07-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Firefox makes it go away.

Adblock plus.

Even better then that is Flashblock. Automatically blocks those annoying flash banners at the top of the page.

Ifightforaliving
07-01-2008, 05:37 PM
I have that but the new ad that scrolls down the whole screen doesn't get blocked and that ad is fucking annoying