PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite striking combo?

Warrior Mac
04-09-2008, 05:08 AM
whats you favourite kick boxing / boxing combo?

AJL416AZ
04-10-2008, 12:34 AM
2-3-10.
right hand, left hook, right low kick.

Steve88
04-10-2008, 01:09 AM
2-3-10.
right hand, left hook, right low kick.

This or

left -> right-> left high kick

dbader08
04-10-2008, 01:11 AM
jab, cross, left hook

Warrior Mac
04-10-2008, 06:06 AM
thanks for the feed back guys

Ramma
04-10-2008, 06:13 AM
One of my favorites is a jab, cross, lead uppercut, followed by a sort of hopping/stepping out leg kick (with your rear leg). The torque of your body when you flip over to the leg kick gives you a lot of power.

There is also a lot you can follow up with after the leg kick.

Intellectual
04-10-2008, 09:07 AM
the combination Fedor pulled off on Fujita towards the end of the fight.

i think it was a liver kick, a left hook and a right straight.

i'm not positive but it looked great.

willpunisher
04-10-2008, 09:53 PM
anderson's combo against leben and the 2 fights against rich.
cant get any more sick than that!

valheruking
04-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Andy Souwers punching combos especially when he ends it with the low kick or a nice body shot.

dagreat1
05-10-2008, 04:56 PM
the combination Fedor pulled off on Fujita towards the end of the fight.

i think it was a liver kick, a left hook and a right straight.

i'm not positive but it looked great.

Ya that's the one, it was one of the more devastating combos I've seen and one of hte best looking.

The liver kick damaged Fujita, then the left hook and overhand right buckled him, tangling him against the ropes and Fedor ended the combo with that sick rnc.

That fight and the Randleman vs Fedor fight are fights that really define what type of fighter Fedor is. For him to do it once is impressive but to do it again is unreal. Being within a few moments of defeat to not only coming back to win the fight but to comeback and win the fight within 60 seconds.

Afro
05-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I prefer 10-1-3

Killinginthenameof
05-13-2008, 10:11 PM
liver kicks rule

notrightn0w
05-13-2008, 11:48 PM
power jab, snap Jab, Drop straight, Liver kick.

MONSONBYCHOKE
05-15-2008, 06:38 PM
kick to the groin, kick to the groin

dbader08
05-19-2008, 02:10 AM
I prefer 10-1-3

just making sure

is that right low kick, jab, l hook?

phunt
05-23-2008, 07:38 PM
The Ernesto Hoost Special. Left Jab, Right straight, Right body kick/outside cut kick.

Frag x 3
05-24-2008, 11:04 PM
B-b-a-a-up-down-b!

smoogy
05-25-2008, 01:48 AM
I like how Cung Le and Machida bring kick combos into MMA. Machida's right leg kick - left body kick combo is sick

Jellypig
05-27-2008, 11:22 PM
One of my favorites is pretty simple. jab - straight - into a roundhouse, and jab - straight - jab - right hook or right upper is a fun and effective one as well. The combo BJ did to Sherk before he finished him is a great one too when executed right.

The Ernesto Hoost Special. Left Jab, Right straight, Right body kick/outside cut kick.Damn straight.

Problematique
06-26-2008, 03:16 PM
left Jab, right hook, left uppercut, right body kick, left spinning back fist, left/right head kick.

Ramma
06-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Two more I want to add as well:

1. (Which I stole from Quinton Jackson over Kevin Randleman) Get them in the clinch, make sure you have control of their head, throw a few knees and then when they start resisting to posture up and stand up straight, release them and go for the straight cross as soon as they are in the right spot.

^^ It seems to work often enough. I think people feel they weathered the storm after the knees and take a moment (that they apparently won't have) to breathe.

2. A simple combination, but effective. throw a 1-3 (jab, hook), followed by a body kick or preferably a leg kick, followed by a side kick or push kick (rear leg for both)*

*Note, faking a cross when going for the hook helps because it gives you extra power of course. Additionally, make sure you step out a good portion on the first kick. This way, you've created a nice angle for the push kick or side kick. In otherwords, move forward, move forward.. step out and kick, go into fighting stance and throw the final kick.

Intellectual
06-26-2008, 08:13 PM
right leg kick, hadooken finish

Steve88
06-27-2008, 06:26 PM
right jab, right jab, left cross, knee up the middle

Tenacious_Thunder
06-28-2008, 05:43 AM
I like left jab, right, step through knee, right elbow to a clinch to throw a series of knees

Ramma
07-28-2008, 05:38 AM
A nice elbow combination for Muay Thai. Might be hard to write out, but here goes.

While pummeling or in close distance:

Throw a lead cross elbow.

Then with the arm you elbow'd with, make some room for you to throw a downward elbow.

Make sure you swim your elbow back down and your hand up, grab the back of the neck (thumb down) and scoop the head towards your other arm throwing one more elbow that crosses your body to his head.

You actually leave your hands in a perfect spot for a clinch if you didn't level him with the elbows already.

Note, you could also scoop his head in the other direction and throw an upward elbow across the body right under his chin.

Nice little 3 elbow combo that we were working on in class a few weeks ago that I have been able to use while clinch and elbow sparring. If you are fast, it works well.

Ezekiel
09-23-2008, 08:13 AM
jab, cross, left hook

This or jab, cross to the body and left hook to the head.

With kicks I like the jab-cross-front leg kick to the inner thigh (of the opponents front leg) and then kinda jump quickly to a low kick to the frontleg with my right leg while it's still coming back down to the ground after the first kicks impact. (sorry, english isn't my native tongue, so these terms aren't that familiar in english... hehe).

mcdev88
09-23-2008, 08:29 PM
one that seems to often work for me in sparring is the left inside leg kick, overhand right, and left hook. usually the overhand right catches on the jaw or the temple and messes them up for the hook to finish it off.

Dr. MMA
09-26-2008, 08:14 PM
my favourite combo (as a southpaw) is straight left, right hook to the temple, followed by a strong left hook to the liver. The last hook can generate a lot of power and does good damage :)

mcdev, i like your combo too. The left inside kick followed by an overhand right is so natural too. Randy pulled it off quite well against Tim.

Ramma
09-26-2008, 09:20 PM
my favourite combo (as a southpaw) is straight left, right hook to the temple, followed by a strong left hook to the liver. The last hook can generate a lot of power and does good damage :)

Anytime you want to trade Southpaw secrets, you just let me know lol.

Warrior Mac
02-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Anytime you want to trade Southpaw secrets, you just let me know lol.

use your high kick as well more likely to land as a south paw

jaremy_jackhammer
03-09-2009, 03:59 PM
right right left spinning back kick

deadstealth
05-30-2009, 06:50 AM
from left side out: jab, mid/high straight right, mid/high roundhouse

right side out: right hook, (left leg) turning back kick, (right) high roundhouse

Dioxippus
09-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I don't like combos I like one-strike fight-enders :dancingsmile:

One of my favourites is the elbow to the solar plexus from the horse-stance (chinese boxing).

notBJpenn
01-15-2010, 04:45 AM
1-1-1 High switch kick

Dr. MMA
01-15-2010, 07:38 PM
A combo I pulled off recently that hurt my sparring partner was right-lead superman punch and left body kick. I find it better to land the superman punch from your lead instead of the power side, it seems to be better disguised.

However, I must say that I get hesitant to throw that combo sometimes as a counter-right hook right before throwing my kick could be devestating for me.

Firemass
02-10-2010, 01:40 PM
In the clinch- right knee (body), right uppercut,left elbow.......with headgear of cause lol

Standing- Right inside leg kick, left jab, overhand right

Pasha K
02-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Jab-right-swing-right

Ramma
02-15-2010, 10:30 PM
A combo I pulled off recently that hurt my sparring partner was right-lead superman punch and left body kick. I find it better to land the superman punch from your lead instead of the power side, it seems to be better disguised.

However, I must say that I get hesitant to throw that combo sometimes as a counter-right hook right before throwing my kick could be devestating for me.

Yeah that can be dangerous because your one side is essentially unprotected, especially if you are in closed stance. It is a free head kick if you go against someone like me who can get that leg high quick and sneak it in. If you are in open stance (lefty vs. righty) it is a little safer. If you throw the punch as more of a feeler and look to really land the kick at the end, you shouldn't have to worry too much.

Dr. MMA
03-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah that can be dangerous because your one side is essentially unprotected, especially if you are in closed stance. It is a free head kick if you go against someone like me who can get that leg high quick and sneak it in. If you are in open stance (lefty vs. righty) it is a little safer. If you throw the punch as more of a feeler and look to really land the kick at the end, you shouldn't have to worry too much.

I do throw the punch more as a feeler. My primary intention is to land that body kick with intensity to a point that I don't care as much if the punch even lands. I find most guys either move back to avoid the punch and gets caught with a kick or they block with a high guard and still gets caught with a kick. I'm just afraid that one day while striking with someone [who's much more proficient], he will throw a right hook or high right kick (as you mentioned) right before I let my kick go.

I do switch stances a lot when doing that combo, so I think it keeps me safe from them predicting when it's going to come.

I notice I'm much better with kicks than punches. If a guy closes in effectively, I'm done lol. Well that's where my push kick comes in nicely. You know what I find funny... when guys don't check leg kicks that often. My strategy is to shatter their lead leg from the inside and outside.

kickbox
11-26-2010, 06:04 AM
Low kick, punch combo; overhand right and another low kick than sequential low kicks.

D4D
04-08-2011, 02:35 AM
Spinning back heel kick followed by spinning back fist

Kimbo> Rampage
04-08-2011, 10:56 AM
jab, right, left hook to body left hook to head, right hand, left hook. Nobody withstands that combo.

Caine2878
04-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Here is a quick combo I won a match with last month

Jab, right hook to the body, left hook to the body, clinch back of the neck and knee to the face.

After the two body shots he brought his hands way down allowing me to get a Muay Thai clinch pulled his head down with force to meet my knee coming up. He was out.

Kimbo> Rampage
04-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Here is a quick combo I won a match with last month

Jab, right hook to the body, left hook to the body, clinch back of the neck and knee to the face.

After the two body shots he brought his hands way down allowing me to get a Muay Thai clinch pulled his head down with force to meet my knee coming up. He was out.

thats a good combo. getting a Knee ko is unlike anything else. Just feeling your knee connect with his face is so good. try to not double up on the body shots too often as you leave your face exposed for a second.

Caine2878
04-14-2011, 02:51 AM
thats a good combo. getting a Knee ko is unlike anything else. Just feeling your knee connect with his face is so good. try to not double up on the body shots too often as you leave your face exposed for a second.

Naw I don't use the double body shot alot, but it was setup by single body shots throughout the fight. After about the 3rd or 4th body shot landed I saw that he would start to drop his hands down to his side so between rounds my corner said hit him with a body shot early and if he drops his hands again I want you to go high and come back with a double body shot and then left hook straight right upstairs.

They wanted me to throw the punches up top but I saw the opening for the knee and went for it. Worked to perfection. Usually don't go against the corner but I felt as if I could put him out with the knee.

Kimbo> Rampage
04-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Naw I don't use the double body shot alot, but it was setup by single body shots throughout the fight. After about the 3rd or 4th body shot landed I saw that he would start to drop his hands down to his side so between rounds my corner said hit him with a body shot early and if he drops his hands again I want you to go high and come back with a double body shot and then left hook straight right upstairs.

They wanted me to throw the punches up top but I saw the opening for the knee and went for it. Worked to perfection. Usually don't go against the corner but I felt as if I could put him out with the knee.

That sounds good. Love hearing about people's fight from their own perspective on what they did, what the could do better, etc. I havent had a pro fight yet, i have been pushed to but I really want to make sure that not only am i ready, but far beyond that. I want to have a ko for every fight, no decisions.

any other fight experiences?