PDA

View Full Version : Collecting all the headline news

Steel
04-22-2008, 10:58 PM
As a Mod, I had proposed it but we never really got to bring closure to it, so I'll ask here.

I like the idea of having all the official news releases collected in one area and a link at the bottom that would automatically bring me to a separate section for the discussion end. This proposed new area would be "read only" per se.

The usefulness is that people on the go can quickly hit that link, check out the days headlines in full and then bounce if their short for time. This also keeps headlines from being buried by other posts which may be more opinion based than factual.

Warchief and a few others have been exceptional in providing daily, constant links and info feeds.

As someone who has recently found themselves unable to spend as much time online as I'd like, it would be a great tool. And I have no interest in any other MMA site.

Respectfully submitted,

eazye76
04-23-2008, 12:01 AM
I think this is a great idea, consolidate the "news", then put the op-ed, and stuff like that somewhere else. A board like this is fueled by news and discussion, but I think it would be a good idea to clean up the general forum by separating the two

Steel
04-23-2008, 12:22 AM
It would be easy to maintain, a great reference tool and easily moderated as it would be read-only.

I miss being a Mod:(

as I sit at my desk at 6:42 PM doing take-offs on architectural drawings...

POINDEXTER
04-23-2008, 04:43 AM
Good idea - I'd find this useful.