PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE stop with the ridiculous ads with sound

thumper
04-26-2008, 02:36 AM
I try over and over to allow ads to appear on this forum to support you guys. But it's unacceptable to allow advertisements so intrusive they beep shit at me until I refresh the page.

I've blocked ALL ads again from this site. I'm telling you it's costing you more money than you're making on it.

Ifightforaliving
04-26-2008, 03:22 AM
yeah its fucking annoying

thumper
04-27-2008, 05:52 AM
Oh I certainly know how to block them permanently. But this is the fourth (and last) time that I tried to be kind in support of the forum. I disabled blocks so the owners would still get clicks.

I can assure you that there are MANY people that will completely block all ads here simply because they sometimes have sound. That's totally unacceptable.

So the bottom line is, that neato trick is costing money, not making it. I'm willing to bet that.

Noob
04-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Sadly there isn't much the mods can do.

The owner of this site owns several others, and the impression I get is that he owns them largely for the money they generate through click-revenue. If we had any ability to change the ads, it would have happened a long time ago.

At this point I've accepted it as an unfortunate part of this site that isn't likely to change.

thebwit
04-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Yeah I was in the same boat - disabling, enabling them. Now it is on perm disable for mmanews as that stupid sound was so annoying. I open threads in tabs and my machine was beeping like every 2 seconds one morning.

Mungo
05-05-2008, 03:58 AM
It's funny the suggestion in this forum rarely results in action.

I recommended the rep system not max out at a couple thousand or w/e it's at and they said they were too lazy to fix it.

Noob
05-05-2008, 09:09 AM
If increasing the cap of the rep system is something members would like to see, it can be done.

The system was capped at its current number when we originally set it up. The number seemed reasonable, and at the time we were not thinking more than a year in advance.

smoogy
05-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Its an outrage. I have so much more than 2000 rep and nobody can see!

ChuckBooty
05-05-2008, 08:10 PM

Wow! You must be REALLY important around here!

Brutus
05-06-2008, 10:13 AM

LMAO and rarely do i agree w/ smoogy but he has a point. who gives a fuck. Its rep points on an MMA forum, its not dollars or your overall health. Maybe they capped the rep so that it would detour animosity between members? ever think of that? huh? huh?

Palma
05-06-2008, 12:13 PM
This is how the bleaping ad fucked me over...

About 6 weeks ago work got so slow I basically am unemployed. At the same time my wife had been work severe over-time and on-call time (she's a nurse). She doesn't pay my way or anything, but she sure as shit doesn't want me sitting here all day posting not looking for another job or something constructive to do. Anyways, she always tries to get me to do long lists of errands for her (or us) and I'm usually busy with my shit, but one day about a month ago I just wasn't in the mood to do anything so I just posted all day. Recently I bough a killer sound system for my computer. Through out the day of posting I was listening to music, but my fucking neighbors (I live in a condo with attached walls) who own their unit as a vacation condo left an appliance on or an alarmclock because I keep hearing this fucking beaping faintly under the music. I was totally pissed off because you could barely hear it but it was comming from a weird direction and figured it had to of been comming from behind the wall.

So my wife comes home and she's grilling me about my day (what I did with it and if I found a new job or something) and I make up a bunch of shit about leads and this and that, and then I tell her about the fucking neighbors and about how they left an alarm clock on and about how we will have to hear it until they get back which could be months, and about how I heard it all day. She walks over to my desk (which is where we usually hear those neighbors) and she looks at my speakers and said it's comming from my computer. I scrolled up and sure as shit it was that fucking beaping ad... I laughed when I realized what it was and then shw was like "I though you weren't posting all day!"

I laughed because it was funny how I finally got screwed for something I've been hearing people complaining about but never experienced myself. But she was really pissed and she caught me lying to her about it... lol. You screwed me you fucking advertisement!

Palma
05-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Palma are you still running IE?

IE?

Palma
05-06-2008, 12:59 PM
It's funny the suggestion in this forum rarely results in action.

I recommended the rep system not max out at a couple thousand or w/e it's at and they said they were too lazy to fix it.

Dude, you only have 400 rep points anyways... lol, what the hell are you bitching about?

Steel
05-06-2008, 01:19 PM
wiki wiki wiki

Palma
05-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Internet explorer.

I have it but I don't use it... it doesn't work that well for mac. I use Safari.

Palma
05-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Is there no type of ad-block for Safari?

Or is there a FireFox version for Mac?

If so I would recommend getting something that blocks ads.

I haven't seen an ad in almost a year.

And if I do, all you have to do is right click on it and hit Ad Block and it is no more....Ever.lol.

It blocks pop-ups, but not ads. It's fine for the most part... this is the only time it's ever been a problem for me. Besides, how would I know that Redbelt is playing?

twankydawg
05-06-2008, 02:28 PM
I had the wife looking all around wondering what that beeping was the other day. I told her I heard it to but couldn't find it, she was looking all over the place for it. I told her it would go away then come back, everytime she got close to the computer I would switch pages so it would go away. When it would come back I'd tell her look, there it is again, off she'd go!

Cruel, wrong, but funny nonetheless. She still doesn't know what it was.

twankydawg
05-06-2008, 02:49 PM
That's horriable.

LMFAO.

No it's not.........doing it to the kids was horrible.

Palma
05-06-2008, 04:39 PM
I had the wife looking all around wondering what that beeping was the other day. I told her I heard it to but couldn't find it, she was looking all over the place for it. I told her it would go away then come back, everytime she got close to the computer I would switch pages so it would go away. When it would come back I'd tell her look, there it is again, off she'd go!

lol, i should have done that!

Ramma
05-06-2008, 04:51 PM

Thank you for the material.. I will let you know how it goes lol

Mungo
05-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Dude, you only have 400 rep points anyways... lol, what the hell are you bitching about?

I try to look out for others brah. :grinsmile1: