PDA

View Full Version : Rashad Evans VS. Forrest Griffin

WadoKai
09-25-2006, 09:35 PM
I think this match needs to happen in about a year and a half maybe 2 years. Both guys are still developing, and I think their styles would make it a great match, give each guy 4 or 5 more fights, and if they keep winning, make this match between 2 of the TUF winners for the #1 contender spot.

It's my belief that Griffin would have the advantage, albeit very slightly, in the standup. His punches in his rematch with Bonnar looked a lot crisper and had a lot of snap in them, but there's still lots of time to develop for Rashad.

Rashad would have the advantage on the ground, but Forrest is pretty adept at sprawling, so Rashad would really have to work, and get Griffin up against the cage to get the takedown.

These are two guys who we all know can go the distance and take punishment, I think it'd be a great match.

Some of you Forrest/Rashad haters are probably close to vomitting after reading this :)

scottsec
09-25-2006, 09:40 PM
rashad is SO DAMN STRONG. Griffin seems like the more you beat on him the better he gets..Rashad probably takes him down and ends it against the cage.

Afro
09-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Rashad will walk thru Griffin, nothin against Griffin I think hes a solid fighter but he is a scrapper, and Rashad has a lot of good technical skills that Griffin cannot match-up to.. Griffin defended a injured Titos takedowns well but Tito still took him to the ground, Tito wasnt that explosive with his takedowns, Rashad is always quick, explosive with his and he can take Forrest down at will, and if it stands.. Rashads boxing >>>>> Forrests dirty boxing.

Masscore
09-25-2006, 09:56 PM
I would have to go to Evans, he is a lot more talented then Forrest and in a year or two from now he will have far surpassed Forrest. His boxing is getting better and may already be as good as forrest's. Plus he is the best wrestler in the LHW divison in the UFC so he could probably take Forrest down at will and beat him ala Tito v. Forrest rd1. I like Forrest a lot, he is exicting fighter, but against Evans he just couldnt match up. Forrest's brawling loses against Evans athetelism everytime.

WadoKai
09-25-2006, 10:01 PM
I don't think Rashad would WALK through Griffin. Certainly not at this point in time. I think Griffin's standup is actually better than Rashads.

If the match were to happen right now, I'd say Rashad wins by a decision because he'd control the fight on the ground. I don't think Rashad could finish Forrest.

But who knows, I think a year is a lot of time for both guys to develop. The match wouldn't be hugely exciting right now, but I think its happening is a good possibility in the future.

WadoKai
09-25-2006, 10:03 PM
The more I think about this fight. The more I'd rather see Rashad Evans VS. Michael Bisping.

Tell me that wouldn't be a good one!

leelandk
09-26-2006, 05:38 AM
I'd go with Evans, but not saying Forrest doesn't have a chance.

Speaking of Bisping, any news on him. Is he gonna fight soon, maybe at the next TUF finale?

killerinstinct
09-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Rashaad Evans via boring decision.Kind of like Evans fight with Bonnar.

strife
09-27-2006, 08:08 PM
My vote goes with Griffin. Since this fight is actually happening pretty soon I could see this going the same way as the Ortiz vs. Griffin fight except Forrest edging out the decision.

Livebyit_Fightbyit
10-11-2006, 09:27 PM
I agree with strife and. Forrest is riding a wave of momentum. Beating Bonnar and getting barely beaten by ortiz he is doing very well in my book. I have enjoyed his fights so far and am very excited about Future meetings between the TUF lightheavyweight winners. Any combination of those three with would a good fight IMO. I just want to see whcih one actually happens first.