PDA

View Full Version : Liddell vs Cro Cop ha

Ck4687
09-25-2006, 10:49 PM
at a recent press confernce dana white was asked about the wanderlei chuck bout and he said wanderlei wasn't worthy of the fight on account of getting knocked out. But does dana want chuck vs cro cop because hed be a very stupid man if he did. It just goes to show that ufc is inferior to Pride. In my opion Chuck couldnt beat Wanderlei, Shogun, Arona,Overeem or Rampage (in a rematch) and if he even thought about fighting cro cop or fedor hed have his ass handed to him

Chuck liddel ha

b0sH
09-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Well it would all depend on what the UFC would get out of it as to how "stupid" White would be. If like Silva he signed him up for a 3 fight deal not just a one off smash and grab it wouldnt be a stupid thing at all.
As for Chuck not beating Silva, u obviously aint been watching Chuck enough. Admitedly since Randy his competition has been exactly what he would want it to be in the sense that he hasnt faced any1 with truely great stand up to trade with him, but on the other hand as Cro Cop quite easily showed, Silva aint got outstanding stand up, he's extremely well rounded. Chuck would keep it on the feet and tear Silva apart imo. As for Cro and Fedor they'd both take Chuck, but in many ways they should do being the larger men.

As for Pride being superior not in a million years, overall. They no doubt have the superior top end fighters in the HW division, no argument from any1 there. However when u have to resort to putting people like Mark Coleman into ur big ppv's the depth of talent is pretty shallow past the big names. The names in UFC after that pushes it into their favour GSP, Penn, Hughes, Pulver, Shirk, Silver, Crow, AA etc. Look through the two rosters, UFC have a better depth in fighters to continually put fwd long term fight programs.

j.farrell
09-25-2006, 11:18 PM
at a recent press confernce dana white was asked about the wanderlei chuck bout and he said wanderlei wasn't worthy of the fight on account of getting knocked out. But does dana want chuck vs cro cop because hed be a very stupid man if he did. It just goes to show that ufc is inferior to Pride. In my opion Chuck couldnt beat Wanderlei, Shogun, Arona,Overeem or Rampage (in a rematch) and if he even thought about fighting cro cop or fedor hed have his ass handed to him

Chuck liddel ha
i think this is like the one hundreth thread about this..and chuck already beat overreem...when he wasnt in very good shape..chuck would destroy him now..and i think chuck beats quinton in a rematch..all he has to do is clinch and throw the knees like the whole chute boxe camp did..and thats it..chuck has improved his footwork so much now also..which is what has made him so dangerous..he manuevers himself into a position to ko people..

Punk Ass
09-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Well it would all depend on what the UFC would get out of it as to how "stupid" White would be. If like Silva he signed him up for a 3 fight deal not just a one off smash and grab it wouldnt be a stupid thing at all.
As for Chuck not beating Silva, u obviously aint been watching Chuck enough. Admitedly since Randy his competition has been exactly what he would want it to be in the sense that he hasnt faced any1 with truely great stand up to trade with him, but on the other hand as Cro Cop quite easily showed, Silva aint got outstanding stand up, he's extremely well rounded. Chuck would keep it on the feet and tear Silva apart imo. As for Cro and Fedor they'd both take Chuck, but in many ways they should do being the larger men.

As for Pride being superior not in a million years, overall. They no doubt have the superior top end fighters in the HW division, no argument from any1 there. However when u have to resort to putting people like Mark Coleman into ur big ppv's the depth of talent is pretty shallow past the big names. The names in UFC after that pushes it into their favour GSP, Penn, Hughes, Pulver, Shirk, Silver, Crow, AA etc. Look through the two rosters, UFC have a better depth in fighters to continually put fwd long term fight programs.

I can't see how UFC has better talent. First of all Mark Coleman is no can. He's the former UFC champion. Former Pride tourniment winner. And he has only lost to the best. Not just that but he's coming off two wins. He is a solid fighter that will no doubt test Fedor again.

As far as talent, Pride wins. with much better fighters: Fedor, CroCop, Wand, Arona, Shogun, Both Nogs, henderson, Gomi, Sakurai, Rodrigo Gracie, and all of these figthers are dominant. There are many more very good ones but they haven't been proven yet.

BigBanda
09-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah I think you took it a little too far Ck4687 but it is your opinion. I think Chuck would take Rampage in a rematch as even most Rampage fans have stated. Now I'm not gonna say Chuck will kill Shogun and Silva because I dont think he will and I am a Chuck fan. I do think Chuck can for sure beat both of them but neither one is going to be a walk in the park for Chuck and the same goes for Silva and Shogun. If any of them let the best of their ego get them and they think they are the superior fighter going into it then that will be their downfall. As far as Chuck against CroCop... he would have to hope luck is on his side with a clean shot to the chin. Than again we still dont know if any of these fights are gonna happen soon if ever. Yet here we are with another thread on it haha.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
09-25-2006, 11:44 PM
This Guys A Moron Is All I Have To Say..

Bran
09-26-2006, 12:19 AM
i think chuck can beat any of pride's middleweights, but wand, shogun and arona can all beat him too. rampage wouldn't stand a chance now but i think they'd all be good matches

b0sH
09-26-2006, 12:32 AM
As far as talent, Pride wins. with much better fighters: Fedor, CroCop, Wand, Arona, Shogun, Both Nogs, henderson, Gomi, Sakurai, Rodrigo Gracie, and all of these figthers are dominant. There are many more very good ones but they haven't been proven yet.

All you can do here is wrap Fedor and Cro Cop into a league of their own, the rest of the fighters mentioned are by no means heavy favourites to take titles in UFC. The talent pool in UFC is deeper and more varied, what they lack is some1 like Fedor in the HW division and some1 to really test Chucks limits. Apart from that UFC has superior talent.

As for Coleman, the fact that he's been a pride champ is what's wrong with Pride. He was a mediocre fighter when in the UFC and still is today.

smoogy
09-26-2006, 01:28 AM
First of all, no one match is going to prove anything about which fight organization is better; that whole argument is pretty silly if you ask me. It isn't about the brand name at the top of the card, it is about the fighters ON the card.

Concerning Mark Coleman, he is one of the most decorated MMA champions ever, he is coming off a win over a big name fighter (however controversial it was), and most importantly, PRIDE is likely betting that Coleman is a recognizable name in North America, not only for his UFC exposure, but also his prominent appearance in The Smashing Machine documentary. The idea is probably to "feed" Coleman to a rejuvenated Fedor, but I bet it could turn into a good fight if Coleman comes prepared.

I don't want to come off sounding rude here, but the overabundance of threads along the lines of "Fighter X would never beat Fighter Y, because Organization Y is obviously better than Organization X" is why the Sherdog forums suck so bad. Try to keep an open mind, and if you want to explain why a theoretical match-up would go a certain way, provide some meaningful insight.

Bad Example: Chuck Liddell would get his ass handed to him by ANY Pride contender. PRIDE > UFC.

Better Example: Chuck Liddell is the undisputed king of LHW in the UFC, but he would be in for a real challenge in Pride. Wanderlei Silva, Shogun Rua and Ricardo Arona all have the skillsets needed to go toe-to-toe with the Iceman. If he were to fighter either of the Chute Boxe top dogs at LHW, I think their relentless offense would short-circuit Chuck's typical counter-punching strategy and put him in trouble of being knocked out.
(Note: Not necessarily my opinion, just an example!)

I only mention this because I remember a time when the Sherdog forums were civil enough to have a dicussion in, and I'd like these MMANews forums to stay that same way.

Tick
05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Right on smoogy, rep for a past comment that makes alot of sence and is the way the conversations can be conducted. Your outlook there is very good. Soon enough the Chuck vs rampage quesion will be answered!

Marlo Black
05-01-2007, 09:13 PM

Chuck liddel ha

Dude, you're joking right? You act like Chuck is some scrub off the street who'd be lucky to be in the same ring/octagon as Wandy, Shogun, Rampage, etc. Please, get real. The man's rolled through pretty much everyone they put in front of him and may very well do the same to Rampage. He's a legend hands-down in my opinion, and until someone steps up and beats him, he's at the top right now.

BigBanda
05-01-2007, 09:27 PM
why was this thread from back in September of 2006 resurrected? lol... just to knock on the thread maker for being an idiot agian or what?

Afro
05-01-2007, 09:37 PM
I still believe CC is a god awful matchup for Chuck, but the threadstarter went about this in a wrong wrong way, and comes off completely biased and I dont know why he expected anyone to take him seriously.

Marlo Black
05-01-2007, 09:39 PM
why was this thread from back in September of 2006 resurrected? lol... just to knock on the thread maker for being an idiot agian or what?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I saw it as the first one on the General page, and almost fell out my chair at the fact that this guy thinks Chuck Liddell is some turd off the street. Unbelievable.

seandiesel
05-02-2007, 01:03 AM
cro cop is heavy and chuck is light heavy,who moves up or down in weight?i've said for years pride has more talent then ufc

AJL416AZ
05-02-2007, 01:17 AM
cro cop is heavy and chuck is light heavy,who moves up or down in weight?i've said for years pride has more talent then ufc

CC has said for years he will not move down, and Chuck has said a few times that he would move up for a fight with Cro Cop or Fedor

kickbox
05-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Yeah I think you took it a little too far Ck4687 but it is your opinion. I think Chuck would take Rampage in a rematch as even most Rampage fans have stated. Now I'm not gonna say Chuck will kill Shogun and Silva because I dont think he will and I am a Chuck fan. I do think Chuck can for sure beat both of them but neither one is going to be a walk in the park for Chuck and the same goes for Silva and Shogun. If any of them let the best of their ego get them and they think they are the superior fighter going into it then that will be their downfall. As far as Chuck against CroCop... he would have to hope luck is on his side with a clean shot to the chin. Than again we still dont know if any of these fights are gonna happen soon if ever. Yet here we are with another thread on it haha.

its amazing how people see cro cop lose and then say he will get beat by Chuck L:iddell when cro cop will outstruck Liddell and Igor can beat Liddell as well and that new african fighter. ect etc.

kickbox
05-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Dude, you're joking right? You act like Chuck is some scrub off the street who'd be lucky to be in the same ring/octagon as Wandy, Shogun, Rampage, etc. Please, get real. The man's rolled through pretty much everyone they put in front of him and may very well do the same to Rampage. He's a legend hands-down in my opinion, and until someone steps up and beats him, he's at the top right now.

he beat Tito and Couture thats it Shogun would beat him plus Liddell has lost before.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
05-04-2007, 11:53 PM
he beat Tito and Couture thats it Shogun would beat him plus Liddell has lost before.

everyone losses bro....so thats the lamest thing ive ever heard...ohh and wait if you want to play that game....shogun lost too, to babalu who chuck koed twice soo hmm wat now...

bryanw33
05-05-2007, 01:16 AM
well put, and nice picture by the way, wanderlei looks like he really is enjoying having shogun behind him

biggdogg
05-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I think the Chuckand Rampage rematch is going to tell alot. I like Rampage for this fight but he has alot to prove Chuck has backed up everything he says lets see if Rampage "im gonna whop Chucks ass" can back it up! The question is can he take Chucks punches in Chucks house.