PDA

View Full Version : Andrei Arlovski vs Kazushi Sakuraba (Pride Rules)

The Iceman
09-26-2006, 11:48 AM
I think this would be a great match-up but I have to give the edge to Sakuraba. Both are explosive with good work on the feet. I choose Sakuraba by TKO because I just can't see Arlovski KO'ing or submitting Sakuraba on the other hand I can see Sakuraba KO'ing Arlovski and I really don't think this would go to decision seeing as though both fighters are very aggressive and both would be constantly looking for KO's throughout the whole fight:confusedsmilie: What do you guys think?

AJL416AZ
09-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Sakuraba right now is iffy. i would go with AA if the fight was right now, because Saku has not looked good, and was nearly TKOd by a MW. he is enjoying standing and trading with guys that are much better at it then he is. Sakurabas best tool standing is leg kicks and he doesnt throw those as much anymore.

just 2 years ago, i would take Sakuraba in any venue, any rules, for a submission.

Punk Ass
09-27-2006, 04:16 AM
It's a toss up but I think Saku would beat him if he has his A game going.

The Iceman
09-29-2006, 10:54 PM
After seeing Sakuraba in that last fight at the Hero's show. I will have to change my prediction and go with Arlovski by TKO.:confusedsmilie:

CHUCKtheCHAMP
09-30-2006, 01:51 AM
Really How Can Anybody Pick Saku???

I Know Hes Great And Everything And I Have Mad Respect For Him But Aa Is Way To Big For Him..

No Matter Wat Everyone Has To Give The Edge To Aa Standing He Would Dominate Saku Standing Ko Him For Sure...i Think He Would Be Overwhelmed Much Like Saku Vs Wand 1

And I Personally Dont Think It Would Go To The Ground But Aa Is A World Sambo Champ So His Ground Skills Are Very Good As Well

Aa By Vicios Ko

Afro
09-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Really How Can Anybody Pick Saku???

I Know Hes Great And Everything And I Have Mad Respect For Him But Aa Is Way To Big For Him..

No Matter Wat Everyone Has To Give The Edge To Aa Standing He Would Dominate Saku Standing Ko Him For Sure...i Think He Would Be Overwhelmed Much Like Saku Vs Wand 1

And I Personally Dont Think It Would Go To The Ground But Aa Is A World Sambo Champ So His Ground Skills Are Very Good As Well

Aa By Vicios Ko
Saku fought bigger fighters all the time

CHUCKtheCHAMP
09-30-2006, 02:03 AM
Saku fought bigger fighters all the time

YEAH AND HE GOT BEAT... IM NOT SAYING SAKU ISNT GREAT BUT AA WOULD BE WAY TO MUCH FOR HIM...

Afro
09-30-2006, 02:06 AM
YEAH AND HE GOT BEAT... IM NOT SAYING SAKU ISNT GREAT BUT AA WOULD BE WAY TO MUCH FOR HIM...
Sakus wrestling and submission skills >>>> AA's boxing and Sambo and I like AA a lot more then Saku but thats the truth, Saku would submit him IMO.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
09-30-2006, 02:09 AM
Sakus wrestling and submission skills >>>> AA's boxing and Sambo and I like AA a lot more then Saku but thats the truth, Saku would submit him IMO.

IT WOULD NEVER GO TO THE GROUND IMO...IF SAKU COULDNT GET PASSED WANDS STAND UP TO GO TO THE GROUND THEN HE AINT GOIN TO GET AA TO THE GROUND AND SUBMITT HIM

LIKE I SAID AA BY VICIOUS KO

AJL416AZ
09-30-2006, 09:35 AM
wanderlei sprawled and hit him with knees nearing the end of Sakuraba's prime, and the beginning of his own. AA could try, but i dont think he has the vicious mentality and intensity of Wanderlei, although he is bigger and stronger.

right now i would agree with your statement, but just 2-3 years ago, i would have not even considered AA able to get past Sakuraba's submission wrestling. the guy is not a bad wrestler in any way, he nearly always gets to the single leg, and his takedowns are effective

matto
10-01-2006, 10:45 AM
aa easily, sackaraba or however u spell it is great with submissions and judo, but aa would easily ko him. aa has one of the strongest punches in mma today. once he connects with a good punch he will lunch even better ones after that and its lights out for sakaraba

matto
10-01-2006, 10:47 AM
IT WOULD NEVER GO TO THE GROUND IMO...IF SAKU COULDNT GET PASSED WANDS STAND UP TO GO TO THE GROUND THEN HE AINT GOIN TO GET AA TO THE GROUND AND SUBMITT HIM

LIKE I SAID AA BY VICIOUS KO

yes the fight wouldnt go to the ground. aa would connect and just unload on him and it would be a brutal ko.