PDA

View Full Version : Why is SMOOGY banned and incarcerated??

Ifightforaliving
05-11-2008, 02:01 AM
I just noticed this and wondered why. Since he was wondering why I was banned.

Submissionist
05-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Yeah what the fudge happened? I looked at his posts and he didn't say anything remotely ban worthy. :headscratch:

Maybe bad blood through Pm's or neg comments.

TriangleChoke
05-11-2008, 02:32 AM
I dont know specific details regarding why he was made an inmate, but I am starting to assume that there is a significant beef between smoogy and one of the admins. I'm not saying there IS beef, I'm ASSUMING there is beef...

I dont know anything past that. Honestly, even if you tried to ask Smoogy or one of the Admins, you're going to get a completely different story from both sides. Might be a good idea just to let things blow over, and that says a lot coming from me because yall mutha fuckas know i like to instigate shit!

thebwit
05-11-2008, 03:52 AM
How does one tell if someone is banned or not?

Ifightforaliving
05-11-2008, 04:03 AM
their name is blacked out it says banned or inmate by it and the smiley behind bars is there too

thebwit
05-11-2008, 04:05 AM
their name is blacked out it says banned or inmate by it and the smiley behind bars is there too

Oh I thought there was just a list some where of the innmates since every now and then I see someone post "Why was so and so banned" It never occrued to me to look at previous posts.

atj-lucko
05-11-2008, 04:08 AM
Oh I thought there was just a list some where of the innmates since every now and then I see someone post "Why was so and so banned" It never occrued to me to look at previous posts.

Yeah Smoggy an inmate, is this a joke?

Wandering
05-11-2008, 05:17 AM
I talked to smoogy on IRC and came to a conclusion regarding him being an inmate (can view but can't post). This is very much like an unjustified censor. I don't post much but I read a lot on these forums. I've seen nothing but contribution from smoogy. Where is this forum heading when such personal matters are taken down to an elementary playground level. I ban you because I oppose your views even if you make a good argument. I mean what is this forum for? I thought it was to share ideas among all the fans of mixed martial arts.

If I wanted a forum where everyone agreed with me, I'd be the only one replying to myself.

Unreal
05-11-2008, 05:38 AM
Smoogy is not only a contributing member of these boards but a nice guy as well, I would really like to know why he's banned...

upinsmoke
05-11-2008, 05:51 AM
as a fellow nova scotian i would also like to know

atj-lucko
05-11-2008, 06:22 AM
as a fellow nova scotian i would also like to know

hum... I wish smoggy was here :huh:

Palma
05-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Smoogy is a good poster when he actually posts about MMA... other then that he makes every little aspect of the forum something to bitch about or he is constantly pushing the envelope with Mods... imo, he has never gotten past the fact that he was demoted and is very bitter.

scottsec
05-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Free the Smoog!!!!!!!

atj-lucko
05-11-2008, 06:48 AM
Free the Smoog!!!!!!!

The word on the street is, smoggy made noob upset, then he was designated as a inmate without warning.

Come on here what did say that was so bad?

Palma
05-11-2008, 06:50 AM
The word on the street is, smoggy made noob upset, then he was designated as a inmate without warning.

Come on here what did say that was so bad?

Lol, word on the street? You mean a PM from Smoogy? Have you ever seen Noob ban someone without several warnings?

upinsmoke
05-11-2008, 07:11 AM
got the same pm from him

FREE SMOOGY!! haha

mauladala
05-11-2008, 07:55 AM
You know, I don't normally jump into all this "why is so and so banned?" stuff. But this really seems odd. I've seen nothing in any of smoogy's posts that justify a ban or "inmate" status. He has been/is a major contributor to the forum, was made a mod and was supported by many posters in this position, got stripped of mod status in some weird ejection/rejection vote amongst "people in the know" (i.e. admins), and now is thrust into a banned status for no perceivable reason. That is... weird...

I don't think it's right for the users to continuously question the mods or admins moves on a forum (and frankly, this is the only forum I'm involved with- I'm starting to realize it IS and always WILL BE like a large dysfunctional family amongst regular posters- which makes me glad this is the only forum I ever WILL be involved with), but there has to be a regular rhyme and reason to these things. Putting people in "time out" is best left for people that deserve to be in "time out": fighter bashers, flamers, ludicrous thread starters, repeat offenders, et al.

Unreal
05-11-2008, 04:25 PM
And yet no admin has come out and posted an answer to this. Personal issues shouldn't be a cause of ban, just doesn't seem fair :huh:

eazye76
05-11-2008, 06:26 PM
I usually keep my mouth shut about stuff like this, but Smoogy is an excellent poster and adds ALOT to the forum

Free Smoogy

Afro
05-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Are you kidding me?

So were banning Smoogy, yet we get overrun with sherdog posters every week that we just seem to allow to post the most idiotic statement, and harass half the forum.. but smoogy get banned, not them.

TriangleChoke
05-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Are you kidding me?

So were banning Smoogy, yet we get overrun with sherdog posters every week that we just seem to allow to post the most idiotic statement, and harass half the forum.. but smoogy get banned, not them.

let this be a lesson to all posters---if you disagree with an administrator and that administrator doesn't like you for whatever reason, you might get banned or receive an infraction at the very least.....I've gone back and read enough of smoogy's recent posts to conclude that him being made an inmate is fucking bullshit..he was banned because some administrator has a personal beef with him and got pissed off because smoogy made him look like a dick.

Smoogy may complain about certain things, but who gives a shit? You can't just ban someone for complaining..there is NO rule against complaining. Making smoogy an inmate was a real bitch move if you ask me. I think the administrators need to be changed because if you're just going to ban someone simply because he doesn't agree with you, then that is undoubtedly a bitch move.

there---i said my part...now i guess i'll wait for some power abusing administrator to ban me or make me an inmate for voicing my opinion regarding this issue...and If I do get banned for this, all u guys should look at my posts and YOU TELL ME if there's anything i've said that's ban worthy because I assure you i HAVE NOT broken any rules...

smoogy being an inmate is BULLSHIT

Howie
05-11-2008, 07:15 PM
im gonna look into this for everyone

2mcgrath
05-11-2008, 07:27 PM
yeah smoogy is a good poster and we need him back with the regulars

Howie
05-11-2008, 07:39 PM
hes back

upinsmoke
05-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Nova Scotia Rules All!!

smoogy
05-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks to everyone who sent me PMs and generally took my back. Obviously I did nothing warranting a ban, but for the time being everyone should just go back to posting, this invovled some behind the scenes stuff that I can't go into full detail about... I'll just say I don't carry any ongoing grudges with anyone, and I don't wish anyone to carry them on with me. I don't like internet drama.

Howie
05-11-2008, 08:03 PM
focus on MMA