PDA

View Full Version : Peter vs Toney II..yea it's true.

Luis Cruz
09-27-2006, 01:31 AM
The WBC ruled in favor of Toney's people for an immediate rematch. I think this is bullshit, the fight was close but come on. If they did this for every close fight there would be much better ones to contest and we'd never see title shots to number one contenders cause people would always bitch. This is a bullshit ruling and they're opening a gateway to future problems. They should've gave Peter the title match and had a rematch AFTER that. I hope Peter knocks his ass out in quick fashion this time to leave no room for questioning, and i mean OUT as in not awake so Toney can't make any excuses.

Afro
09-27-2006, 02:07 AM
Oh thats ridiculous, an immediate rematch? un-friggin-believable as much as I wanted to see a rematch I felt it woulda been 10 x more exciting to see it for a TITLE why are they havin a non-title rematch? they are officially fueding and ur gonna have the rematch be for a non-title? Boxing needs to market better.

Punk Ass
09-27-2006, 03:23 AM
Yeh I would rather them have a rematch a little later on down the line but I'm not going to complain too much. Toney wants to untarnish his record but it's still a dangerous fight. Peter is going to be more prepared in this fight and study that last fight carefully. The only way I see Toney winning a rematch is if he comes in to the fight in a lot better shape so he can really finish strong in the end.

This is still a really big draw!! regaurdless of a paper title, besides the winner will still go on to fight for a title.

Luis Cruz
09-27-2006, 04:00 AM
Yeh I would rather them have a rematch a little later on down the line but I'm not going to complain too much. Toney wants to untarnish his record but it's still a dangerous fight. Peter is going to be more prepared in this fight and study that last fight carefully. The only way I see Toney winning a rematch is if he comes in to the fight in a lot better shape so he can really finish strong in the end.

This is still a really big draw!! regaurdless of a paper title, besides the winner will still go on to fight for a title.

Yea it's a cool fight to see again and forget that paper title it's really about the WBC #1 contender. Now let's just say Toney takes a very close split decision, then what?? Should Peter cry and they make a rubbermatch before someone gets a shot at the title they're fighting for? This is crap that they listened to Toney and his people whine and actually catered to them. I'm going to be pissed if Toney wins a close/controversial decision and he gets a shot at the title instead of Peter, that would be grounds for some kind of action from Peter's people against the WBC. Let's all just hope it ends CLEARLY...like i said i want a Peter KO...brutally.

icemanct
09-27-2006, 04:01 AM
i would take a rematch right away if i was toney,cause toney is getting older and is on the ropes.if he loses this next one he's done.

Greenish
09-27-2006, 01:33 PM
And the path for Maskaev vs Bhop is made