PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Pimples

ninjastix
05-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Ok I'm looking for advise cause I just can't take it anymore...

I work out for 4 times a week for 2 hours at a time and I'm usually drenched in sweat when I leave. I don't shower at the gym cause I live 3 minutes away from it but without fail I keep breaking out with pimples...

and I don't mean slightly bumpy small groupings... I mean volcanoes on my back, on my forearms, and even one on the top of my head that just exploded (the anti bacterial is still drying on my hands as I type)...

Does anyone else have any advise? Is there a body wash that you can recommend or something to do prior...

I usually shower before I go to the gym and make sure I'm dry, and when I say I sweat I mean you could ring out my shirt and fill a kiddie pool so I don't think I prevent myself from sweating...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated cause having to sleep last night with a swollen knob on the top of my head was not fun...

Afro
05-13-2008, 04:51 AM
Change your training clothes, wear more underarmour

billwilliams70
05-13-2008, 04:58 AM
I would find a way to wash up before leaving the gym. If it's that big of a problem I wouldn't put off washing even for that short time.

Look for soaps that have green tea extract, that stuff helps.

Also, get to a doctor, they could prescribe a wash.

Later.

ninjastix
05-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks, I'm 29 and honestly I thought my skin was much greasier when I was younger...

Overall my skin seems drier having moved from NY to NC but hasn't made a difference in break outs...

I know my middle brother use to have the same problem, but this was years ago (15 or so) so I don't know what kind of hygiene he practiced...

playuntiltheskyisblack
05-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Maybe you should not eat so many choc-o-late bars..or maybe wash your face. (If you remember that commercial then you win)

In all seriousness though, you should look into an Astringent mask thingy. I used one that was basically a clear mask you out on the affected area beofre sleep then after you wake up its damn near gone. Neutrogena makes it I think.

Also. BW! How goes the good fight man?

Howie
05-13-2008, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=playuntiltheskyisblack;455579]Maybe you should not eat so many choc-o-late bars..or maybe wash your face. (If you remember that commercial then you win)QUOTE]

LOL i remember this

BigBanda
05-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Different products work differently for people. I bet you've probably already tried many of the products you can buy on the shelf if this is something that has been going on for some time. You may want to just schedule an appointment with the Dermatologist to see what they can offer. I mean they are the skin experts.

I get pimples here and there on my face but I think it is stress related for the most part. I just use a face wash every day and sometimes even use a mask at night.

Ifightforaliving
05-13-2008, 08:52 PM
truthfully man I found what works for me is just scrubbing my face with a rag and water. because I found soap irritated my face and caused more breakouts. Also as far as the body change your soap to a dermatologist soap you can find these at most health food stores or try where your girl goes like a spa type place. I know it sounds crazy as fuck but toothpaste on your face at night actually works. If you are breaking out after the gym or you notice its on areas of your body where the clothes are fitting tightly then under armor is the shit. It allows yourskin to breath. Never leave the gym after you have sweated profusely or used a dry sauna to sweat because all of your pores are open and this allows dirt in. If at all possible shower at the gym. Use an antibacterial soap. This is what I found works for me and I have had maybe 3 to 4 pimples a year for the last 10. Also chocolate and other foods do not cause breakouts.

ninjastix
05-13-2008, 10:27 PM
In addition to heading to a dermatologist (I'd been meaning to), looks like maybe showering and changing immediately would be the best solution to give a try first...

deeznizzies
05-14-2008, 05:15 AM
i feel your pain man.. i break out on my chest, neck and back when i work out/sweat a lot... so i know what a bitch it can be.

what's worked best for me is physioderm and neutrogena (think i misspelled both of those brands...) one is a brown liquid the other is kinda light green.. both are body washes and facewashes.

get their bodywashes and use them daily, especially within an hour after working out. they both contain salicylic acid (get a brand with at least 2.0%). i've heard dermotologists recommend the same thing as well... this should help with the breakouts on your body.. also, use a lotion that is oil free but still will keep your skin from getting too dry. dry skin will cause your oil glands to overcompensate by producing more oil, causing you to break out even more.

#1taz
05-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Masturbate more.

Yeah...that might help him.

But then again...who wants to be on the mat, in the ring, or in the cage with a blind MMA fighter with really hairy palms?

J/K...lol

Seriously though...some gyms disinfect their mats, equipment, and premises properly...and unfortunately some don't. And some use stuff that certain people are allergic to. (Like I am allergic to Pinesol- for example)

Zits are also sometimes caused by infections in your pores and/or hair follicles - either caused by a sensitivity to something taken internally or exposure to something external. I would see an Allergist AND a Dermatologist. An allergist can run some simple (albeit unpleasant) tests to see what you might be allergic to.

Whenever I go to the gym, I take a small can of Lysol with me and I bring my own towels, soap, shower sandals (flip flops), and shampoo - even if they are provided free. And I always bring/wear clean underguards/gear that I wash/rinse myself in hot water after each use. And I always carry them to and from the gym in a big watertight/airtight ziplock bag - and I also bring a clean pair of underwear, a clean t-shirt, and a clean pair of socks sealed in a ziplock bag too.

And no...I'm not OCD or a germaphobe either - I'm just careful as possible and try to leave the gym as clean and germ-free as I was when I came in. And I try to leave clean whatever euipment I was using when I'm done sweating all over it...lol

Severe dermatitus, staph, communicable diseases, colds, flu, etc. are no joke...and most gyms aren't a real profitable money-making enterprises with a very high emphasis on hygiene and maintaining a hospital-like sterile environment. And I've seen some pretty smelly dirty sickly-looking people with some damn poor personal hygiene wearing some pretty funky and grungy gear hanging around regularily in some of the ones I've been in.

Both men AND women....lol

Hope that all helps ya!

Warchief
05-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Ok I'm looking for advise cause I just can't take it anymore...

I work out for 4 times a week for 2 hours at a time and I'm usually drenched in sweat when I leave. I don't shower at the gym cause I live 3 minutes away from it but without fail I keep breaking out with pimples...

and I don't mean slightly bumpy small groupings... I mean volcanoes on my back, on my forearms, and even one on the top of my head that just exploded (the anti bacterial is still drying on my hands as I type)...

Does anyone else have any advise? Is there a body wash that you can recommend or something to do prior...

I usually shower before I go to the gym and make sure I'm dry, and when I say I sweat I mean you could ring out my shirt and fill a kiddie pool so I don't think I prevent myself from sweating...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated cause having to sleep last night with a swollen knob on the top of my head was not fun...

You have Volcanoes on you're back?! Call the Volcanologist. :grinsmile1:

No seriously...everytime you to the gym you should always bring a clean towel (but i know even in the gym, towels are available for hire), so every time you use the bench put that towel on you're back to protect you're skin againts any kind of bacteria...b/c you don't know how many strangers are using that bench (esp those who have skin disease), and if you going to take a bath always use a scentless soap (like Ivory soap).

ninjastix
05-14-2008, 04:47 PM
All the advise has been greatly appreciated... My first steps until I can get down to a dermatologist will be to experiment when more clothing and showing after I finish.

Other than Bench presses (which I only do twice a week), I don't do much bench work. I use a lot of the free motion tension cable machine (kinesis wall if you've heard of it) and free weights on the bozo.

I use moisturizing body wash but still haven't found a good one... I find I'm sorta allergic to some bar soaps like Ivory or Dove or Zest... I get little red spots on my hands from that stuff but not pimples...

And yeah WC, the thing currently on my leg is like Mt. St. Helens.... but the white isn't snow...

=\

Warchief
05-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Other than Bench presses (which I only do twice a week), I don't do much bench work. I use a lot of the free motion tension cable machine (kinesis wall if you've heard of it) and free weights on the bozo.

Even you use bench only once a week, and someone use that with skin diseases (before you use it)...you're are in big trouble buddy, i have some experience on that when i get a fungus on my back and it spreads to my Arms and Legs...that happens when i was freashman in College.

Just put a Clean Towel on you're back or spread it in the bench, just for safety percusion.

And yeah WC, the thing currently on my leg is like Mt. St. Helens.... but the white isn't snow...

=\

Lol.

bigsmooth696969
05-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Make sure that the body wash or facial cleanser is oil free! I used a face wash that just broke my face out even more after I used it. I never had an acne problem anywhere, just used it to clean. After a few days, I had like 5 new blemishes. I switched to neutrogena oil free wash and it worked like magic. I sometimes wonder if the gym you go to is clean. I know I NEVER use towels they offer because I just don't trust them. I know if my towels are clean.

When you start any kind of acne wash, your naturally going to break out at first. It is the oil and dirt being pulled out of your skin and up to the surface. It should take a week or so for you to start to see a "clearing" of blemishes. My wife went through cosmotology school and is licensed to do facials, hair, manicures and all that beauty stuff. She has always told me to shower right after workouts and also always shower BEFORE you go to bed. If you shower in the morning, the oil and bacteria will get onto your sheets when you sleep and then you lay in it until you wash them. The funniest thing I ever was told was to shower before and after you use a sauna. The oil and dirt doesn't have a chance to get into your open pores in the sauna because it has been washed off. Also, after you shower and before you turn off the water, turn it from hot to cold so that you close your pores and dirt and oil have a harder time getting into your pores.

MONSONBYCHOKE
05-17-2008, 04:43 PM
In addition to heading to a dermatologist (I'd been meaning to), looks like maybe showering and changing immediately would be the best solution to give a try first...
See a Dr and ask him for some Doxycycline. Dry u right up..Or get off the Roids....... I am kidding about the last part. Knock on wood but I never had a pimple problem in my life. Think I have had maybe 2 at anytime at the very most. Those are few and very far between

Problematique
05-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Loads of soap?
I'm younger, but that's how i solved pimples.
Had the 1 or 2 odd ones all through high school but who doesnt?