PDA

View Full Version : Genki Sudo vs Jorge Gurgel

Afro
09-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Not really a "Who would win" thread cuz I think we know the answer to that but does anyone feel that if the UFC chooses to every bring Genki back that this should be his welcome back match?

killerinstinct
09-27-2006, 10:04 PM
this match up would be a walk in the park for Sudo.I say give a tougher match than that.

Afro
09-27-2006, 10:16 PM
this match up would be a walk in the park for Sudo.I say give a tougher match than that.
has the UFC ever put Genki up against good competition?

he never fought Yves, Hermes, Pulver, or any of the top guys in the UFC and its a shame cuz he'd look better then he is if he did.. his only 2 loses outside of Pancrase came to Bang and Yamamoto who is the best LW in the world.

AJL416AZ
09-28-2006, 12:18 AM
sudo would just walk right through gurgel.

sudo isnt the greatest at standing, but he has multiple wins in K-1, and a couple rounds with masato, while Gurgel could barely beat Abbadi standing.

both are good on the ground, but Sudo is bigger and is just so damn slick.

anyone seen tape on Sudo at the westside submission tourney? its on youtube

strife
09-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Shouldn't happen....Gurgel would get executed via spinning back elbow.

j.farrell
09-28-2006, 01:21 AM
Not really a "Who would win" thread cuz I think we know the answer to that but does anyone feel that if the UFC chooses to every bring Genki back that this should be his welcome back match?
i know sudo would win..jorge sucks shit tho..he has no biz in the ring with genki..since jens lost that would be a good fight i think..

tkohonda
09-28-2006, 01:37 AM
The Battle of the Heavily Overrated Lightweights

Afro
09-28-2006, 02:52 AM
The Battle of the Heavily Overrated Lightweights
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!

strife
09-28-2006, 06:56 AM
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!

wait...is that scarcasm? please tell me not, GENKI IS NOT OVERRATED!!

AJL416AZ
09-28-2006, 07:20 AM
who has he lost to?

controversial loss to Bang, who he lost focus against and forgot to win.
and controversial loss to Kid, the only other real competitor in Hero's

i think he isnt overrated, hes never been ranked above 9 or 10 on the top LWs, and recently, hes had essentially no problem with any of the guys he fought except Kid

tkohonda
09-28-2006, 08:24 AM
who has he lost to?

controversial loss to Bang, who he lost focus against and forgot to win.
and controversial loss to Kid, the only other real competitor in Hero's

i think he isnt overrated, hes never been ranked above 9 or 10 on the top LWs, and recently, hes had essentially no problem with any of the guys he fought except Kid

But who has he beaten to warrant a top 10 ranking?

He only gets matched up against FWs and kickboxers in Hero's. His best win is Takaya- who might be a top 10 145.
He looked like shit against Laursen.

Afro
09-28-2006, 01:34 PM
But who has he beaten to warrant a top 10 ranking?

He only gets matched up against FWs and kickboxers in Hero's. His best win is Takaya- who might be a top 10 145.
He looked like shit against Laursen.
Nathan Marquadt who is a Top 10 MW and hes only got 2 losses outside of Pancrase adn those 2 were controversial and 1 was to the best of the best.. if you can think of 10 better no problem but overrated? if anything Genki is underrated because in the UFC he never got his shot to be the top dog at LW lookin like crap against Laursen is suppose to be bad? as if anyone is gonna know how good Laursen is yet the guys only had 2 fights, both fights were against good fighters.

Punk Ass
09-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Geki is incredible and he's what the UFC and MMA needs. Dana needs to see that. Genki brings fun to MMA the man is an entertainer and he's arguably the best SUB artist in MMA. His stand up is great because he can bang with pure kickboxers and win. He's a showman and the perfect MMArtist and it's hard for anybody to not root for him. Hell I think about Bruce Lee when I see him fight

tkohonda
09-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Nathan Marquadt who is a Top 10 MW and hes only got 2 losses outside of Pancrase adn those 2 were controversial and 1 was to the best of the best

The Marquarst win is okay, but it was far before Marquardt was considered top 10 in anything, and there is no way he can be compared to the fighter he is today

if anything Genki is underrated because in the UFC he never got his shot to be the top dog at LW

He was offered a fight against BJ Penn but turned it down in order to fight Royler

lookin like crap against Laursen is suppose to be bad?

whether Laursen's good is definately difficult to gauge,if you look at his competition. But after he was tooled by Uno, a "Top 10-15 LW" should have been able to do the same

Afro
09-28-2006, 10:23 PM
well lets just say the verdict is out on Genki then

like I said hes only lost to the best in the business in Kid, and duane was controversial so was his loss to Yamamoto other then that hes beaten everyone hes faced and never gotten a chance to prove himself, I think talent-wise hes incredible.

strife
09-28-2006, 10:37 PM
What is Genki up to nowadays?

tkohonda
09-28-2006, 10:57 PM
What is Genki up to nowadays?

Recovering from a persisting back injury that occured during his freestyle wrestling days

He fought Ian Schaffa in the most recent K-1 Max and lost via KO