PDA

View Full Version : arlovski vs liddell

alfin
09-28-2006, 09:19 PM
if andre would drop down he would be serious contender for division

Afro
09-28-2006, 09:32 PM
he cant drop down and if he did he would lose a lot of power, he fights at 240 and thats like his minimum

killerinstinct
09-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Chuck would KO Arlovski in the first round.Arlovski's chin is average.

scottsec
09-28-2006, 10:57 PM
if andre would drop down he would be serious contender for division
What???? When is the last time you looked at aa? How would he drop 30lbs? He has no body fat now. I don't think he could make lhw.

Intellectual
09-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Sambo expert or not, i dont think AA can take down Chuck.

Chuck via KO round 1 or 2.

BigBanda
09-28-2006, 11:47 PM
This is more of a match I'd see with Chuck going up to HW or AA and Chuck meeting halfway. AA cant drop that much and if he did somehow drop that much he'd be weak. Anyways I'd say chuck would KO AA.

Afro
09-29-2006, 04:40 AM
Sambo expert or not, i dont think AA can take down Chuck.

Chuck via KO round 1 or 2.
he'd knock chuck out if he didnt lose any power movin down, not tryna compare standup games here but AA is a real good kickboxer and hes got 3 inches on Chuck with just as much KO power, AA's boxing is pretty good too I think the height difference is key.. AA has a weak chin but Chucks chin has never really been tested but I dotn think its that good remembering the first Randy fight.

AJL416AZ
09-29-2006, 04:57 AM
if they fought at LHW, AA would pass out from dehydration in the ring after the 1st round

AA may have a weak chin, but i can say a 235 that almost KOs big Tim has more power then Chuck, and AAs movement would save him. as good as counterpunching as Chuck is, he would be too slow against AA. if big Tim couldnt catch him at like 4 feet away with his length and quickness with his hands, i don tthink Chuck could do it.

Kimuras"R"Us
09-29-2006, 07:23 AM
if they fought at LHW, AA would pass out from dehydration in the ring after the 1st round

AA may have a weak chin, but i can say a 235 that almost KOs big Tim has more power then Chuck, and AAs movement would save him. as good as counterpunching as Chuck is, he would be too slow against AA. if big Tim couldnt catch him at like 4 feet away with his length and quickness with his hands, i don tthink Chuck could do it.

I agree with that entire statement, including the passing out from dehydration part of it... The man is a rock at 240.

Cromm
09-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Arlovski is to big to cut down I agree. Also his chin is suspect against strong counterpunchers.:cruzifiedmotherfuck 1:30 into the first round. Liddells footwork is vastly superior to Tim. And that would set up stronger more aggresive combos. Liddell would also be able to avoid Arlovski after the takedown by using the cage to stand. Liddell will only stay on the ground if he feels threatened on his feet.

Livebyit_Fightbyit
09-29-2006, 05:42 PM
One Hell of a fight. But I'm an AA fan and I'm going to givee this one to AA. Chuck going up in weight would give him more power but less speed AA would still be as fast and strong so I give the edge slightly to AA.

matto
10-01-2006, 09:59 AM
aa weighed in at 233 once, and if u look at a guy like rich franklin with only 4% body fat, if aa was only 4% body fat he would definetly be almost 10 pounds less and could cut down to 105. he doesnt do the strenous high rep weightlifting workout and the cardio that franklin does, and if he did that and really monitered himself would make it down to 225 and make lhw. he just doesnt do as much conditioning like he should.

aa would ko chuck. i know a lot of u will think that im crazy but aa's punch could be stronger then chuck's punch.

where does everybody go off saying that aa has a weak chin. he got ko'ed by sylvia's short right hand. i dont get where people think that a long right would have been a stronger punch. he had a war with rizzo and finally got ko'ed. many other people would have gotten ko'ed a lot eariler in the fight. i remember hearing boxing expert freddie roach say that a short right is stronger then a stright right hand. bs aa has no weak chin, short right=stronger then a long right hand even though a long right hand looks more powerful it isnt. and his chin was very very good aginst rizzo who ko'ed just about everybody at that time.

The Iceman
10-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Didn't Sylvia,Ricco & Rizzo all beat Arlovski by hitting him in the chin? (Please correct me if i'm wrong.) I will take Chuck by KO early second round while Arlovski comes in to over aggressive and catches a counter hook to the chin.

matto
10-01-2006, 10:56 AM
lets see liddell vs. sylvia and see what happens. im sure liddell would get ko'ed even though i like him but the size difference.

Afro
10-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Didn't Sylvia,Ricco & Rizzo all beat Arlovski by hitting him in the chin? (Please correct me if i'm wrong.) I will take Chuck by KO early second round while Arlovski comes in to over aggressive and catches a counter hook to the chin.
ricco didnt KO him and these are heavywieghts who match his height in size, only way Chuck can KO AA is if he gets inside and before chuck could get inside he'd be on his back.. AA would KO Chuck, since when does Chuck have a good chin??

killerinstinct
10-01-2006, 05:20 PM
ricco didnt KO him and these are heavywieghts who match his height in size, only way Chuck can KO AA is if he gets inside and before chuck could get inside he'd be on his back.. AA would KO Chuck, since when does Chuck have a good chin??
Chuck's always had a good chin.He's never been Koed.Watch his fights against Noe Hernandez,Vitor Belfort,or Guy Mezger.For you to even try and suggest that Arlovski has just as good of a chin as Chuck's is ridiculous.

Afro
10-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Chuck's always had a good chin.He's never been Koed.Watch his fights against Noe Hernandez,Vitor Belfort,or Guy Mezger.For you to even try and suggest that Arlovski has just as good of a chin as Chuck's is ridiculous.
Did I suggest that AA has just as good of chin? but AA is facing guys that can definently test his chin, Vitor and Guy sure but I still remember Chuck turning his head when Couture was bringin it to him, Overeem definently tested his chin too but can he handle real power? doubt it! AA is real power and would KO Chuck a lot faster then Chuck would KO him why? cuz Chuck cant get inside AA nor would he try.

I8URV8
10-12-2006, 04:37 AM
Chuck has better chin than you might think..Watch his fight with rampage.. he takes a lot of heavy shots..whens the last time you have seen chuck get dropped from a punch?? and dont tell me its cus no one has hit him in his last 10 fights...

Afro
10-12-2006, 05:12 AM
Chuck has better chin than you might think..Watch his fight with rampage.. he takes a lot of heavy shots..whens the last time you have seen chuck get dropped from a punch?? and dont tell me its cus no one has hit him in his last 10 fights...
Because Rampage did enough to knock him out right? Chucks chin is DEFINENTLY not that WEAK come on now.. I wouldnt call his chin great either, and I dont think he likes aggressive strikers at all.. Couture was pushin the pace with him, connecting with shots and Chuck was turning his head. Same with Rampage.

Nate_Deezy
10-12-2006, 06:04 AM
To be honest....I think Arlovski's hands might be a little too heavy for Chuck's chin to handle. From what I've heard, Andrei broke both of Justin Eilers's hands during their fight just from Eilers keeping his hands up to block Arlovski's strikes. AA's an excellent boxer...and all around striker, not to mention his Sambo credentials. Then again Chuck is a phenomenal striker who has great wrestling and jiu-jitsu skills as well. I think this one might come down to who prepares more for it, but as it stands right now I'd give the slight edge to Arlovski.