PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Rich Franklin....

Afro
09-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Did anyone here the advice he gave Matt??? Dammmmn

there doggin on him back in the house though, hell maybe he did it to get them over-confident

Storm442
09-28-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm West Coast, so I won't see the show for another 2.5 hours.
Sounds good though !!

kaisq11
09-29-2006, 12:31 AM
:laughing3: :laughing3: :lmfao: at the part when they were making fun of Captain Miserable

Storm442
09-29-2006, 02:21 AM
That was some strange advice.

At first I just thought he meant drop to one knee when he comes punching at you... but Rich wanted him to drop when the fight started?!?

Even better was the Cap'n Miserable quote: "I've calculated that life sucks."
LOL

Here's a great recap of what happened:
http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/episodes.php?episode_id=46

TN94z
09-29-2006, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't put much credit into what Rich was telling these guys. I think he was messing with them. I mean he acted like he was disgusted at the way they were training, thinking they were lazy. And he knows that he is going to have to fight one of them. He said that he wasn't going to give away his secrets. I think he told Serra that just to see if he would do it.

AudieMurphy1
09-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Rich Really Came Across As Not Only An Idiot But An Ass As Well, Was Funny Tv Though

BigBanda
09-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah it doesnt seem like he was there for assistance training or helping the fithers. Seems more he was there to scope things out which is what some of the fighters thought as well. Cracked me up when Serra was telling Couture about the advice he got and when he mentioned it was Rich then Couture started laughing. I wonder how Chuck will come off next week.

leelandk
09-29-2006, 05:52 PM
I don't think he was there spying, I think Dana probably wanted him to drop by to create some drama.

And I don't see why Serra got mad at McCarthy for telling Rich. He was doing it right in front of the camera, so of course Rich was eventually going to find out.

Storm442
09-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Rich didn't go there on his own, he says: "..I don't know why they brought me here.. I guess to help train..."

It wasn't his idea.

In his defense, 1/2 those guys had STAFF INFECTIONS, Rich's hand was still recovering and he has an upcoming fight. I wouldn't help them either.

duran
09-29-2006, 07:44 PM
I was surprised he was acting like a dick. He is a professional athlete and champion of the world and he acted like he was the senior all-stater and 4X letter winner and the guys on the show were freshmen. He knew he was on camera, too. Maybe he is trying to make himself the 'bad guy' to promote his next title defense. He was probably getting paid for this gig, at least expense money. I lost some respect for the guy.

Afro
09-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Rich said it himself that he was brought in to stir the pot

Howie
09-29-2006, 10:11 PM
he did come off as a bit of a prick job but im sure thats why he was there

TN94z
10-12-2006, 04:11 PM
It was all to cause drama on the show. I personally don't think that he acted like a dick. I mean if I am the champ and have a title defense coming up and on top of that will be fighting the winner of the show. I wouldn't offer up advice either. Now if the guys came up to me and asked for advice, which none of them really did, that would be another story. Most of the guys just stood around and stared at him and wouldn't even ask for his help. And to top it off, the whole place was covered with staff!!!! There is no way I would roll with any of them guys and risk getting that crap. As for coming in just to scope out the competition, there are too many tapes out there that he could watch from the comfort of his staff free gym. It was all for the show... Serra blew the whole comment out or proportion anyway. Franklin told him that if he was going to shoot, then he could drop to one knee right before he was going to shoot so he couldn't get kicked in the head. It is not like he told him to drop to a knee and fight the guy from there.

AudieMurphy1
10-12-2006, 04:20 PM
chuck coming in and being a class act made franklin look like even more of an ass

alahyousious
10-12-2006, 07:33 PM
chuck coming in and being a class act made franklin look like even more of an ass

Im sure that Hughes comming in tonight will make Rich look like a golden boy again. :grinsmile1:

Boo
10-12-2006, 07:46 PM
They were probably over the staph by the time Chuck was there.

Also, the TUF guys didn't have an attitude about Chuck, because none of them would be fighting him. I saw them asking Chuck for advice.

Dana did put it on the TUF guys to ask Rich or Chuck for help. His words were something like, make an appointment. It was not up to either of them to have some sort of training plan when they got there. If none of the TUF guys, except Serra approached Rich....what's he supposed to do.

cyfly
10-12-2006, 08:48 PM
it's staph, not staff btw.