PDA

View Full Version : Protein Shakes, and Recipes

Gurry
05-27-2008, 03:33 AM
I wanted to know, which protein mix is ur favorite, and whats your favorite recipe, and if you have more than one plz share, cuz i have this one terrible recipe i stick to and im getting sick of it.

French Vanilla Mix
Frozen Banana
Milk
Ice Cream(trying to put on some weight so i dun mind the extra calories for the taste)

EDIT: Sorry mods, feel free to move to nutrition/training forum.

KENO5366
05-27-2008, 04:07 AM
I've been going with just vanilla whey protein and half a packet of chocolate carnation instant breakfast for taste. I just bought a blinder so I will be experimenting with a lot of different concoctions soon.

notrightn0w
05-28-2008, 06:44 PM
I go for this combo a lot:
Rice Protein
Greens
Multivitamins
OJ
Berries
Acai
Oatmeal
ice

kmadcrazy
06-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Makes to servings
2 cups skim milk
2 scoops Dymatize Elite Vanilla Protein (sweeter then most other brands)
1/4 cup Dannon Lit and Fit No Fat Vanilla Yogurt
Tablespoon flax seed
4 large strawberries (or berries) or a bananna
teaspoon of peanut butter optional

the yogurt is the key cause it adds flavor and texture. The above has a lot less calories then other low or no fat yogurts

Ubermensch
06-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Your Protein should have a base in Whey Protein Isolate and a Cassien for a secondary break down because it is a slower break down for more optimal use. Your body usually will not break down more that 28-30g of protein with in two hrs. The Isolate is the best absorbing protein so it is great after a workout.

Paytheplayer
06-18-2008, 05:53 PM
I wanted to know, which protein mix is ur favorite, and whats your favorite recipe, and if you have more than one plz share, cuz i have this one terrible recipe i stick to and im getting sick of it.

French Vanilla Mix
Frozen Banana
Milk
Ice Cream(trying to put on some weight so i dun mind the extra calories for the taste)

I usually buy my protein at my local gym, for the cheapest price. Its about 27 bucks for 2lb. Its Optimum 100% Whey Protein, and as far as I know its the best on the market. I usually go with the same recipe as you, just skim milk, a banana, scoop of protein and ice.

Although, I recently saw a sale at Target, selling a 2lb of Body Fortress, Super Advanced Whey Protein for 12 bucks. I bought 4 of them, only to realize I think the price was so cheap, because the taste was so cheap.:angry4:
Itll do for now, but I dont suggest it for anybody. It makes the post workout shake a LOT less enjoyable.

Ubermensch
06-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Isolate is much different than Concentrate read up on it and you will understand the breakdown. Most whey protein mixes if they don't say Isolate first just throw that shit away.

MONSONBYCHOKE
06-18-2008, 10:09 PM
I mix before workout everymorning

Banana
Muscle Milk
Glutamine
Creatine