PDA

View Full Version : Horse Racing is animal abuse. Right?

Noise Chopped
05-27-2008, 02:13 AM
This is another one of those things that, to me, is...So cut and dry, I'm surprised it's even an issue. But it is. And this side of the forum's pretty slow lately, so hah.

Horse racing's animal abuse. ESPN hypes the hell out of it for a couple of weeks out of the year, and I can't fucking stand it. Calling a horse an athlete is such a fucking joke, again, I'm surprised it's even a goddamn question. Show me a horse that can sign a contract, or even speak for that matter, to call an athlete. Or hell, show me an athlete involved in a sport where he/she is made to run a quarter of a mile with a little jerk in funny clothes on their back, whipping them with a rod.

So, what do you guys think? And if you do consider it a sport, what do you think of Big Brown? I mean, the damn horse is a STEROID user. Should he ride with an astrisk branded on his big ass or what?

...:deadhorse:. Couldn't help it, hah.

kickass32
05-27-2008, 02:36 AM
Well, to me, the horse is more of an athlete than a race car driver...but hey, that's just me.

Noise Chopped
05-27-2008, 02:57 AM
Yea, I...Don't even want to start on Nascarr, but at least they're the ones putting themeselves at risk. Nascarr's not a sport, period. But at least it's not animal abuse, hah. Nascarr's just...Thinking-abuse.

eazye76
06-02-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't see the racing part as abuse, the horses get treated great, there is always the chance of injury, but a horses career is pretty short and then they go out to stud.
The fact that anabolic steroids are legal is pretty fucked up, I've heard the drugs are a reason the injury/death rate is up.

Punk Ass
06-02-2008, 09:41 AM
We have dominion over all animals and are able to train these animals to do what the hell we want them too. Outside of killing, or torturing, or fucking these creatures, we can and should do anything we want with Animals if it is useful.

Afro
06-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Race Horses are athletic.. I mean they are demonstrating athletic ability.. whether it be against there will or not.. there still athletic.. there athletes to a certain degree.

BigBanda
06-02-2008, 12:08 PM
No it is not animal abuse. Trust me, I have been around horses and horse racing for years here in Texas and they are monitored to meet certain standards. Horses are amazing, muscular, powerful creatures and really are athletes in a way. The people that own these horses take great care of them and spend A LOT of money to keep the horses very healthy. Majority have a great love for horses/animals and take part in horse racing, jumping, barrel racing, etc. It is not much different than taking your dog that you love so much to a competition or show.

Noise Chopped
06-04-2008, 12:49 AM
They spend a lot of money to keep the horses very healthy so they can strap a little jerk on top of them and whip them with a stick. For MONEY. And it's not even...Some hidden truth or someshit. Hell, it's built on GAMBLING. I don't equate it to a dog show because I can't remember the last time a dog had both its front legs snap off at the end of a race...That Westminster crowd is a little nutty anyway.

Every animal's athletic to a certain degree. Hell, every being is athletic to a certain degree. But to go from athletes to horses who are made to race for money grubbing owners: that's too much a stretch for me - Especially when horses can't speak or sign contracts and all that shit.

Pumping an animal with winstrol and having it race around a track while being hit is torture in my book. It's just plain useless. Hell, strictly from an entertainment standpoint, horse racing's about the most useless fucking thing out there. Watching ESPN talk about it as if it were legit is pretty annoying, too.