PDA

View Full Version : Top Heavyweights

Tapout 07
05-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I reviewed your top 10 heavyweights and you don't have Frank Mir as a top 10 heavyweight when he is probably top 3 in the world at jiu jitsu. Mirko Crocop is a foot stomper in Japan. I fell he and Sokoudjou are over rated. Also, where does Thiago Silva fit in as a light heavyweight. Machida is vulnerable on his back.

sandywh
05-29-2008, 01:34 PM
OK OK, I'll be the asshole to do it

Where to begin?
I am assuming you saw the rankings on the main page:

A) These rankings are from January 26, 2008 (they've changed alot since then)
B) Is this really the best place for this post?
C) Frank Mir, when stacked against the rest of the HW on that list might not even be top 15. Mir is 3-2 since his injury, and has not beaten anyone considered a top 20 talent. He was seconds from being stopped in his last bout. Talent alone does not get you ranked.
D) at #9 HW, that is about as low as I have ever seen CroCop in any rankings so good luck with "you've got him too high" argument there
E) Thiago Silva might have been #11, but I have no argument with the list that is compiled
F) Lyoto Machida? How can an undefeated fighter be considered overrated. Its not like he hasn't fought top comp. He has wins (at the time of this ranking) over Franklin, Penn, Bonnar, Sokodjou, Nakamura, Heath, V. White. He might vulnerable on his back, but the statement deserves no creadence.

Welcome to MMA News.

Maybe the staff will update the rankings on the main page, but I would expect to be disappointed once again because they will still not have Mir in the top 10, and Machida is likely to go from #8 to #2 or #3.

twankydawg
05-31-2008, 04:04 PM
I reviewed your top 10 heavyweights and you don't have Frank Mir as a top 10 heavyweight when he is probably top 3 in the world at jiu jitsu. Mirko Crocop is a foot stomper in Japan. I fell he and Sokoudjou are over rated. Also, where does Thiago Silva fit in as a light heavyweight. Machida is vulnerable on his back.

OK OK, I'll be the asshole to do it

Where to begin?
I am assuming you saw the rankings on the main page:

A) These rankings are from January 26, 2008 (they've changed alot since then)
B) Is this really the best place for this post?
C) Frank Mir, when stacked against the rest of the HW on that list might not even be top 15. Mir is 3-2 since his injury, and has not beaten anyone considered a top 20 talent. He was seconds from being stopped in his last bout. Talent alone does not get you ranked.
D) at #9 HW, that is about as low as I have ever seen CroCop in any rankings so good luck with "you've got him too high" argument there
E) Thiago Silva might have been #11, but I have no argument with the list that is compiled
F) Lyoto Machida? How can an undefeated fighter be considered overrated. Its not like he hasn't fought top comp. He has wins (at the time of this ranking) over Franklin, Penn, Bonnar, Sokodjou, Nakamura, Heath, V. White. He might vulnerable on his back, but the statement deserves no creadence.

Welcome to MMA News.

Maybe the staff will update the rankings on the main page, but I would expect to be disappointed once again because they will still not have Mir in the top 10, and Machida is likely to go from #8 to #2 or #3.

OWNED!!!!

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1944/rkoinfj1yo4ds2ci8.gif

neonatural45
05-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Neg'd for ignorance

I hate it when people think that Mir's BJJ is anything special, 3rd best IN THE WORLD? His BJJ is probably 3rd best at his gym...

deeznizzies
06-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Neg'd for ignorance

I hate it when people think that Mir's BJJ is anything special, 3rd best IN THE WORLD? His BJJ is probably 3rd best at his gym...

haha i wouldn't go that far but mir's jj isn't enough to warrant him a top 10. but at hw i think he's probably got some of the best bjj, within top 5 imo.