PDA

View Full Version : AHL Playoff Records broken

Gmunit
06-03-2008, 06:17 AM
Official site of the Calder Cup Playoffs: Calder Cup News (http://www.caldercup.com/news/caldernews/index.html?article_id=256)

Haydar sets AHL playoff scoring records 06/01/2008 4:02 PM

ROSEMONT, Ill. ... In less than six minutes' time on Sunday afternoon, Chicago Wolves captain Darren Haydar became the all-time leading goal scorer and the all-time leading point getter in American Hockey League Calder Cup Playoffs history.

Haydar scored on a breakaway at 7:35 of the first period, his 52nd career AHL postseason goal. That broke the record of 51 goals previously held by AHL Hall of Famer and current Rochester Americans general manager Jody Gage.

Haydar then converted on a power play at 13:31 of the first, his 120th career AHL postseason point. That surpassed the record of 119 held by AHL Hall of Famer Willie Marshall since 1971.

Haydar has played 91 career AHL playoff games with Chicago and Milwaukee. He is currently in the Calder Cup Finals for the third time in his career, winning a championship with the Admirals in 2004 and returning to the Finals in 2006. Haydar led the league in playoff scoring in 2004, 2006 and 2007.

Gage played 115 playoff games while Marshall skated in 112 in their careers.

The Wolves entered the game with a 1-0 lead over the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in the best-of-seven American Hockey League championship series.

This guy is a friend of mine from my hometown, hge lives a stone's throw away and we used to play road hockey together all the time (and later in life, partied/got shitaced etc LOL)

He's always been one of those 'too small to play' kinda guys but broke records all through Junior, was a Hobey Baker finalist for UNH and had a quick stint in the show with Atlanta this year, when he got called up it was lucky enough ATL was playing in Buffalo that night so a few buddies and made the drive (I'm just outside Toronto) and grabbed tickets off a scapler

He played pretty good while up for about a month and had a few points with them but got sent down anyway (even thought he had the best +/- )

Thought this was fitting due to the Cup game on tonight and all

Gmunit
06-05-2008, 02:32 AM
TTT

Although it will be shadowed by the Stanley Cup final tonight

Game 3 of the Calder Cup final is on now (on the NHL network if you get it)