PDA

View Full Version : sylvia vs. wandy

icemanct
10-01-2006, 04:01 AM
if there was a open weight tournament in pride or ufc you decide,who would win?

killerinstinct
10-01-2006, 04:28 AM
Sylvia would definately win.Wanderlei would come out aggresively and he'd keep getting tagged by Sylvia's jab.the size and height difference would be too much.

Afro
10-01-2006, 04:30 AM
Tim Sylvia has no real skill, Wandy would beat him.

killerinstinct
10-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Tim Sylvia has no real skill, Wandy would beat him.
come on now Afro.You can't seriously think Wanderlei would defeat Tim Sylvia.I think Tim could take Wandy's best punch.Tim would outwork him with the huge height difference and he'd win the fight.Even if Wanderlei wanted to take the fight to the ground I don't think he could.Tim would defeat wanderlei on the feet.

Raiders18
10-01-2006, 04:54 AM
The Axe Murderer

killerinstinct
10-01-2006, 04:58 AM
bias aside guys do you really think Wanderlei would beat Tim?How?:confusedsmilie:

icemanct
10-01-2006, 05:01 AM
bias aside guys do you really think Wanderlei would beat Tim?How?:confusedsmilie: i would pick tim,afro is pride biased dont worry about him

AJL416AZ
10-01-2006, 08:29 AM
i think the size advantage would work against Wandy too much.

if wandy was at least 6'4 i would bet on him, but Tim has like at least 6" of reach on everyone in MMA other then Semmy Schilt and some of the super HWs.

and as vicious as Wandy is, i dont see how he could just run right past Tim's jab. Arlovski couldnt make it past his jab, he connected with side movement and a big overhand right, and he is taller and has longer reach then Wand. running in blazing might catch Tim off guard because most of his opponent try to use side movement to counteract the reach, but its unlikely

matto
10-01-2006, 09:40 AM
as much as i hate tim sylvia and as much as a love wand. one of my fav righters vs. one of my most hated fighters. it would be too much of a reach disadvantage for wand. he wouldnt be able to handle the reach and when coming in would probably get ko'ed. as far as tim taking wands best shot i doubt it. fujita chin is probably on the line with cabbage's chin and wand gave him hell. if wand hit tim he would finish him.but the reach is a bit much for wand.

wand is a way way better fighter p4p and is a better striker, better on the ground and better all around. but to wands credit the same thing would probably happen to liddell or any other top hw. cro cop is a way better stiker then tim is, but im questining how easily cro cop could head kick a 6'8 guy.
wand is still way cooler then tim "the douch bag" sylvia ever will be.

Livebyit_Fightbyit
10-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Ima throw in my 2 cents and say Wand would take sylvia down as easy as he took mark hunt down. Though Wand did not win that fight he impressed alot of people including Randy Coutoure who was calling that match. Wandy would take it to the ground and would take him out on the ground by either submission or KO.

JR OUT!!!!

Nate_Deezy
10-12-2006, 02:41 AM
I definitely wouldn't count Wanderlei out...but I think Tim would take that one. He throws some devastating punches and because of that combined with his extreme reach advantage, I don't know of a whole lot Wanderlei could do against him. I'll base my actual decision of this fantasy fight on the results of Sylvia/ Monson. Although Monson isn't NEARLY the striker Wanderlei is, if he can get inside Tim's reach...it might give me a small hint that Wanderlei might be able to do the same.

On another note....I think a much more interesting fight would be Rich Franklin vs. Tim Sylvia. Seriously....think about it.

Afro
10-12-2006, 02:43 AM
i would pick tim,afro is pride biased dont worry about him
would you shut the fuck up, seriously.

Afro
10-12-2006, 02:48 AM
Ima throw in my 2 cents and say Wand would take sylvia down as easy as he took mark hunt down. Though Wand did not win that fight he impressed alot of people including Randy Coutoure who was calling that match. Wandy would take it to the ground and would take him out on the ground by either submission or KO.

JR OUT!!!!
Tim Sylvia has some impressive Takedown D

I forgot that he was 6 friggin 8 though lol

killerinstinct
10-12-2006, 07:05 AM
would you shut the fuck up, seriously.
I love how you have yet to make one serious claim as to why you think that Wanderlei would defeat Tim Sylvia.

Afro
10-12-2006, 07:12 AM
I love how you have yet to make one serious claim as to why you think that Wanderlei would defeat Tim Sylvia.
I love how I said that I forgot he was 6'8 and u looked past that

BigBanda
10-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Yeah Wandy would be like a midget to Sylvia haha

HopeAndFire
10-22-2006, 01:25 PM
I think Wandy would take this one hands down... (biased opinion against Tim, not for PRIDE) but Tim is a big dumb lookin guy with inaccurate punches and falls on his ass every time he throws a kick... Wandy would take advantage of that and probly give Tim a bit of ground-n-pound.

Tim had a reach advantage over Andrei (who i think is a better fighter then Tim) and the only reason he couldnt KO Sylvia is...

Fight 2: Andrei got a big right hand and didnt take advantage of Tim falling on his ass, a mistake Wandy wouldnt make...

Fight 3: Tim and Andrei were both trying to fight the "safe fight" therefore neither got the KO, but seeing as how Wandy vs Tim would probly be a one time thing, Silva wouldnt be lookin for a safe victory...

and anyways putting a middleweight against a heavyweight is giving the heavyweight the advantage by default, seeing as how heavyweights are naturally bigger...

leelandk
10-24-2006, 12:36 AM
I think Sylvia would KO Wandy pretty easy. Too much reach and size