PDA

View Full Version : Need a BJJ school in California

Ifightforaliving
06-05-2008, 08:41 PM
I will be staying up to a month in CA and I am looking for a school to train at, I have been training BJJ for 14 years so I am looking for an advanced school. I will either be in San Diego or the LA area. I want a top school to train at anyone know one? Also I am looking for a cheap car to buy for while I am there. Looking to spend about $6000 so anyone know a car place or has one to sell let me know. It is looking like its going to be about the end of the month if I do go there. Thanks

Palma
06-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Too bad you aren't going to the central coast... you could totally train with me in my garage.

There are tons of places to train in Southern California... 10th planet, the Gracies have their big ass gym down there, but I would try and train at Rickson's school if I lived down there.

Ifightforaliving
06-06-2008, 04:21 PM
shit if everything works out I could always drive there. And thanks for the info man.

Palma
06-06-2008, 10:09 PM
shit if everything works out I could always drive there. And thanks for the info man.

I'm just joking about my garage... I live in a condo and I have a car-port, but I do train at a good place here in Santa Cruz, but there isn't a whole lot of good big guys at our gym. If you ever want to drive up for the day and train, by all means call me or send me and email. It's a good 6 hour drive though from LA.

unquiet
06-15-2008, 09:04 PM
If you're looking for some good training (excellent teaching plus pretty high rolling standard) look no further than SubfighterMMA.

We have 3 instructors for bjj, it's all no-gi, and they teach us their techniques, not just random moves. It's in between the LA and San Diego County, but it's totally worth it. Plus we offer the most classes for the cheapest price.

Subfighter Mixed Martial Arts Academy - Home (http://www.subfightermma.com)

Oh, and I'm speaking about the Lake Forest school. I haven't trained at the Camp Pendleton school, but I'm sure it's just as tough as most of the students are marines from the base.

Ifightforaliving
06-15-2008, 09:14 PM
If you're looking for some good training (excellent teaching plus pretty high rolling standard) look no further than SubfighterMMA.

We have 3 instructors for bjj, it's all no-gi, and they teach us their techniques, not just random moves. It's in between the LA and San Diego County, but it's totally worth it. Plus we offer the most classes for the cheapest price.

Subfighter Mixed Martial Arts Academy - Home (http://www.subfightermma.com)

Oh, and I'm speaking about the Lake Forest school. I haven't trained at the Camp Pendleton school, but I'm sure it's just as tough as most of the students are marines from the base.
yeah but are there any people that would match up size wise I am 6'5 1/2 248 lbs as of yesterday and I have been training for almost 7 years with one of the best bjj guys ever.Been doing BJJ gi and no gi for almost 15 yrs now.

Intellectual
06-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Machado BJJ in Pasadena.

Prowrestler
06-16-2008, 12:51 AM
I will be staying up to a month in CA and I am looking for a school to train at, I have been training BJJ for 14 years so I am looking for an advanced school. I will either be in San Diego or the LA area. I want a top school to train at anyone know one? Also I am looking for a cheap car to buy for while I am there. Looking to spend about $6000 so anyone know a car place or has one to sell let me know. It is looking like its going to be about the end of the month if I do go there. Thanks

I don't like u very much, but I train at the Gracies Academy in Torrance, CA. Come train their so I can Whup ur ass...

Ifightforaliving
06-16-2008, 01:45 AM
hahahaha fuck you this isn't wwe so it won't be scripted

Ifightforaliving
06-16-2008, 02:30 AM
apparently not hey I try not to but people just love starting shit.he was the one starting this shit where in this thread did I say shit to him? Yet I am always the one that gets into trouble. I think its funny man. Matter of fact Sundance show me one fight I got into that that I started.

Prowrestler
06-16-2008, 06:51 AM
hahahaha fuck you this isn't wwe so it won't be scripted

Try me then, sunshinE!

Palma
06-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Try me then, sunshinE!

Listen Jackass! I don't care what bullshit you have going on in the main forum, but no one trolls the grappling forum, so take your bullshit somewhere else... you are negged and you will be dealt with if you keep this shit up.

Ifightforaliving, it's your responsiblity to keep your baggage to PM's or another sub-forum... this is a place for only serious training or grappling info.

Prowrestler
06-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Listen Jackass! I don't care what bullshit you have going on in the main forum, but no one trolls the grappling forum, so take your bullshit somewhere else... you are negged and you will be dealt with if you keep this shit up.

Ifightforaliving, it's your responsiblity to keep your baggage to PM's or another sub-forum... this is a place for only serious training or grappling info.

ppshhh...

Prowrestler
06-16-2008, 09:31 AM
apparently not hey I try not to but people just love starting shit.he was the one starting this shit where in this thread did I say shit to him? Yet I am always the one that gets into trouble. I think its funny man. Matter of fact Sundance show me one fight I got into that that I started.

06-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Replies: 40 Report: Liddell vs. Evans set (again) for UFC 88
Views: 1,798 Posted By Ifightforaliving
this is MMA not wwe go away

Don't tell me u didn't start anything. U disrespect me after one random comment.

Palma
06-16-2008, 09:32 AM
06-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Replies: 40 Report: Liddell vs. Evans set (again) for UFC 88
Views: 1,798 Posted By Ifightforaliving

Don't tell me u didn't start anything. U disrespect me after one random comment.

No one cares, take your bullshit somewhere else.

Prowrestler
06-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Prowrestler,

I'm warning you now, it is in your best interest to do what Palma says, Take it with a smile, and after he is finished doing what he does, look him in the eyes and say, "Thank you Sir, may I have another"

This may seem like a joke, but I assure you that it is not, do not post again in this sub-forum unless is is pertaining to grappling, or you will be banned and don't be a smart ass while you do it or you will dealt with accordingly and mercilessly, this is your last warning.

:grinsmile1: "Thank you Sir, may I have another" ha ha ha

Gracie jiu jitsu in Torrance is great tho...

Ifightforaliving
06-16-2008, 08:13 PM
yeah sorry palma the guy just follows me he sent me pms and shit it's just rediculous. He has been talking shit for weeks and I checked he deleted like 3 posts he made

Palma
06-16-2008, 08:25 PM
yeah sorry palma the guy just follows me he sent me pms and shit it's just rediculous. He has been talking shit for weeks and I checked he deleted like 3 posts he made

I understand, I've been there, but for the sake of this forum if someone calls you out just take the highroad and don't say anything back to avoid any flamming here. If anyone calls you out here and is warned and calls you out again they will be banned like that jackass was. We take this sub-forum very serious.

Ifightforaliving
06-16-2008, 11:21 PM
no problem won't happen again

Sherdog1
06-18-2008, 03:18 AM

Ditto to that...I wanna find one in the L.A. area or San Fernado Valley area.