PDA

View Full Version : This forum.....

valheruking
06-07-2008, 02:21 PM
It sucks lol, whats the deal?, it's funny cause quite a few people like kickboxing etc on here, yet we never post about it :headscratch:

Ramma
06-07-2008, 02:26 PM
I post news here whenever I can. Whether it be interviews, results, videos, etc.

I know there are other fans, the only problem is that there are like 5 or 6 of us bigger K-1 fans, and a few stragglers...

valheruking
06-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah for sure there is definitely a group of solid fans, just strange that it's not a very popular subject on an mma forum, most of the posters of which are big fans of the good strikers in mma, the very limited crossover is kinda odd I think.

neonatural45
06-08-2008, 06:08 AM
Yea, but what is there to talk bout?

K-1 is not really in a good place right now IMO, there are always quality fights but isn't really a great time to be a fan like it was when I first saw it. Read Kaman's recent interview and what he said about K-1, I pretty much agree with him.

valheruking
06-08-2008, 06:16 AM
Yeah I agree with some of the things he said, but they are creating a 135lb class too, so that should be fun to watch, and Max is usually entertaining despite the consistent appearance of certain names, and we always have Badr Hari to shake things up in the hw class, if he ever gets out of jail anytime soon lol

neonatural45
06-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Yah, I thought the return of Hunt would add some more mma fan interest into K-1... but now it kinda sounds like he was forced to fight Semmy in order to get signed by Dream.

valheruking
06-08-2008, 06:20 AM
Yeah pretty much, they didn't have anyone new or exciting to fight Schilt so they probably locked Hunt into that fight as part of his DREAM contract.

Ramma
06-08-2008, 07:20 PM
The problem is that K-1 is going to have a lot of difficulty from here on out. More people are getting into MMA. Slowly but surely, less people will be doing straight up kickboxing.

The sport, not just K-1, is in a rough, rough spot. Much like boxing, it desperately needs new stars...

valheruking
06-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Yeah I would tend to agree, a big problem it has always had too is that the American track record on the world stage.....well it sucks, that is a pretty big factor when it comes to getting a following from that country. While there will always be people that watch it despite not having top names from their own particular country, it is a big help to have a big name that people can root for to draw in casual fans.