PDA

View Full Version : Why not just make a SPOILER Forum?

Malice
06-09-2008, 06:16 AM
Instead of having to label every General thread **SPOILER** why not just create a sub-form to discuss current events and spoilers, that way if someone hasn't watched it yet they just need to stay away from the SPOILER forum.

Seems logical to me.

Create a sticky on top of the General forum stating not to discuss current event results within general and to go in to the Spoiler Forum.

Malice
06-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Exactly, **SPOILERS** are only needed on the night of the PPV...so why muddy the General forum with it? Let them start and end in the Spoiler forum. Use General for what it is, 'General'.

In addition, it just seems redundant and problematic to have Spoiler threads in the General forum. Every time it is the same crap, is why I proposed it.

Malice
06-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Like I said, it's not a bad idea, I just don't see a huge need for one, lets see what the other guys say.

Sounds good. Thanks for the feedback.

neonatural45
06-09-2008, 06:59 AM
I actually think it is a great idea

only problem is that sometimes even 4 or 5 days after an event people will still be talking on the same thread. I think we should close all the threads in the spoiler zone after 48 hours (or something like that) if you guys go through with this idea.

2mcgrath
06-09-2008, 09:01 AM
yeah sounds like a good idea,but would be alot of work imo for the mods

Frag x 3
06-09-2008, 10:48 AM
I think anyone that hasn't watched an event should stay away from threads such as "Alves vs Hughes discussion." When there's a thread that's titled "BJ Penn kicked Sherk's ass," then we have some problems.

Clint
06-09-2008, 02:57 PM
We had a spoilers section for a long time but noone posted in it. Because they would post in the discussion thread during the event and then in the general forums after the event was over.

thumper
06-09-2008, 03:02 PM
I think it's a good idea, but the first thing I thought was exactly what Clint just said. It's not hard to put a forum up, hell you could even hide it until the night of an event, but the problem is the mods would spend most of the night moving threads and reprimanding people.

Think it'd be more trouble than it's worth, but I definitely see the point

Clint
06-09-2008, 03:14 PM
A temporary Spoilers forum might make sense. Then after the event the threads would all get moved into the main forum.

Malice
06-09-2008, 05:24 PM
What about just a sticky at the top of the General forum stating: "DISCUSS SPOILERS IN THE SPOILER FORUM OR BE BANNED".

That should do the trick.

Ramma
06-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Well, I think it is an idea worth trying...

But, people seem to see what they "WANT" to see. I could see tons of miscommunication going on and spoilers getting posted in general MMA still, this time without spoiler warnings.

I am up for giving it a shot. I don't think it will be that much work.. just a few clicks.

Besides, we could disable access to it once the event is over.

dbader08
06-09-2008, 11:51 PM
its a good idea...would solve alot of problems.

BigBanda
06-10-2008, 12:24 AM
I know i sucks for some having results spoiled but why in the blue hell would you come onto an MMA forum when you do not want to know about a fight that has already happened?!?! It seems like common sense to me to just keep away, I know I do. I mean would you tape an NBA finals game and then go to nba.com before watching the game you taped?? lol